Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Hockey Scheduling Disparities

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280
    Now, I know you think you are the Most Valuable Player of Gopher Hockey, but I think you should let those with investment in and concern for hockey in the state and country outside of their own personal entertainment voice their concerns. Because the last time I checked, honest criticism hasn't ever hurt anyone.
    What do you have against Steven Wilke? I've never met him.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

mid-season form in here, impressive all around...
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

Is it just me, or does the snippet of the post look botched? Went too far down.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
          mid-season form in here, impressive all around...

October will be here before we know it. Gotta be ready to go...

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Where was the concern when they formed the Big 10?
            Where was UND/Denver's concern when they formed the NCHC?
            Where was the CCHA's concern when Alabama Huntsville was going down the drain?

There's real world and there's fantasy.
            I didn't see any other conference throw UAH a lifeline either at the time.
            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
              So, with the announcement of Michigan's schedule for '13-14- some non conference analysis:

The Wolverines are hosting 3 HEA schools: BC, BU and UML. They are also hosting MTU (2), Niagara and Ferris State.

They travel to UNH (2), UNO (2) and to RIT. They will also play in the GLI at Comerica Park against WMU and either MSU or Tech.

So... can we give them a little slack on the "Michigan doesn't travel for series" mantra?
              Just curious, are those all one for one deals for the non conference series?
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                I didn't see any other conference throw UAH a lifeline either at the time.
                Another great example.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                  So, with the announcement of Michigan's schedule for '13-14- some non conference analysis:

The Wolverines are hosting 3 HEA schools: BC, BU and UML. They are also hosting MTU (2), Niagara and Ferris State.

They travel to UNH (2), UNO (2) and to RIT. They will also play in the GLI at Comerica Park against WMU and either MSU or Tech.

So... can we give them a little slack on the "Michigan doesn't travel for series" mantra?
                  Forcing RIT into a 2-for-1 and not even playing them at their home rink? Another one-and-done for a school that hosted World Juniors games? Absolutely not.

Five bucks says Ferris doesn't get a return trip.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    Forcing RIT into a 2-for-1 and not even playing them at their home rink? Another one-and-done for a school that hosted World Juniors games? Absolutely not.

Do all schools that participate in the GLI split the revenue from that event equally? Sorry, not as familiar with that event. It would be nice to see Michigan make some return trips to some of the other Michigan schools.

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                      Do all schools that participate in the GLI split the revenue from that event equally? Sorry, not as familiar with that event. It would be nice to see Michigan make some return trips to some of the other Michigan schools.
                      Tech and UM are the hosts. I believe MSU may also be a host or a permanent invite. The fourth school gets compensated for its appearance.

Comment

Tech and UM are the hosts. I believe MSU may also be a host or a permanent invite. The fourth school gets compensated for its appearance.
                        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          Well, Akron, Central Michigan and Connecticut were already tied up by the Wolverines this year, so Barry had to take what was available.

EDIT: Sorry, I should have looked ahead. You do have Miami on 2014's schedule. Wait, what? Miami of Ohio? Well, App State has proven that they can be tough (for you guys), so that should be a good test to start the season.
                          Oh, c'mon. You really want to go there? I don't think you want to compare Wisconsin's and Michigan's nc schedule the past decade+.The last few years have been weak, but not Fraudger weak. Got a ton of mileage out of that rivalry with UNLV. Wisconsin hasn't played two legit nc games in the same season since 2003 although this coming season has two.

Wisconsin
                          2013: U-Mass, Tenn Tech, ASU and BYU.
                          2012: Northern Iowa, Oregon St, UTEP, Utah State.
                          2011: UNLV, Oregon St, NIU, South Dakota
                          2010: UNLV, Austin Peay, ASU, San Jose State
                          2009: NIU, Hawaii, Fresno St, Wofford
                          2008: Akron, Marshall, Fresno St, Cal-Poly
                          2007: Wash St, NIU, UNLV, Citadel
                          2006: BGSU, Western Illinois, San Diego St, Buffalo
                          2005: BGSU, Temple, UNC, Hawaii
                          2004: UCF, UNLV, Arizona
                          2003: WV, Akron, UNLV, UNC
                          2002: Fresno St, UNLV, WV, NIU, Arizona

Michigan:

2013: CMU, Notre Dame, UConn, Akron
                          2012: Alabama, Air Force, Notre Dame, U-Mass
                          2011: WMU, Notre Dame, EMU, San Diego St
                          2010: U-Conn, Notre Dame, U-Mass, BGSU
                          2009: WMU, Notre Dame, EMU, Delaware St.
                          2008: Utah, Miami Oh, Notre Dame, Toledo
                          2007: Appy St, Notre Dame, Oregon, EMU
                          2006: Vanderbilt, Notre Dame, CMU, Ball St.
                          2005: NIU, Notre Dame, EMU
                          2004:Miami, Oh, Notre Dame, SDSU
                          2003: CMU, Houston, Notre Dame, Oregon
                          2002: Washington, WMU, Notre Dame, Utah
                          Last edited by streaker; 05-23-2013, 12:58 PM.

Comment

MSU is a permanent invite. MTU was the originator of the tourney (in cooperation with the Red Wings) and Michigan was added as a co-host later.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

I don't know if RIT had their arm twisted. Didn't seem to bother Bentley two years in a row. Oh, and hold your breath while I check into that future schedule with Ferris and I'll get back to you.
                              Last edited by streaker; 05-23-2013, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Just curious, are those all one for one deals for the non conference series?
                                Not sure what the future schedule is. I'd have to ask. I do know that the series with MTU is being reciprocated.

I think Michigan owed UNO a series back after they went to Yost for a series the first year they went to the W.

Comment

Working...
                                X