Attendance at Pittsburgh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    Dear old ticket buyers who don't come, please don't renew. There are plenty of people who would like your seats.
    As priceless typed, those buying in the lottery (lower bowl corners-behind nets & entire upper level) are full. It's the seats not offered to lottery buyers that are empty
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: Attendance at Pittsburgh

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
      As usual an awful lot of lower bowl seats between the face-off dots are empty
      Absolutely friggin' infuriating . Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those seats are typically handouts from the NCAA to AD's etc. and to corporate sponsors.

Dear corporate sponsor and NCAA non-hockey fans who think that watching St. Cloud, UMass Lowell, and Quinnipiac is beneath you. Sorry we couldn't deliver a marquee matchup between schools that you've heard of (except for Yale, and I bet you didn't know they have a hockey team). Go to hell.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        As priceless typed, those buying in the lottery (lower bowl corners-behind nets & entire upper level) are full. It's the seats not offered to lottery buyers that are empty
        I thought the commoners did a respectable job attendance-wise. The upper level was packed, as were the lower corners for the most part.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
          Absolutely friggin' infuriating . Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those seats are typically handouts from the NCAA to AD's etc. and to corporate sponsors.

Dear corporate sponsor and NCAA non-hockey fans who think that watching St. Cloud, UMass Lowell, and Quinnipiac is beneath you. Sorry we couldn't deliver a marquee matchup between schools that you've heard of (except for Yale, and I bet you didn't know they have a hockey team). Go to hell.
          Correct on all counts. Will be interesting to see if any of them show up for the all-Connecticut final. It's embarrassing.

Give the corporate sponsors seats in the corner and let the real fans sit in the middle. I sat in the corner and thought the seats were awesome. I hope the guy from Philadelphia's Frozen Four committee is paying attention. He'll get an earful from me on Saturday.
          Last edited by Priceless; 04-12-2013, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Place looked empty on TV

You had Buccigross telling people to buy tickets for Saturday night during the broadcast.

Comment

One of the best things I love seeing here in Pittsburgh is fans wearing jerseys from all the different hockey teams in the country.
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                Place looked empty on TV

You had Buccigross telling people to buy tickets for Saturday night during the broadcast.
                .. "come on down.. heck, don't even go into work Friday.. it is what.. a 10 hr drive.. come on down fans.." something something.. it was, pretty bad..
                GO NU HOCKEY
                Always bullish on the future.
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I agree the place looked empty. However, collegehockeystats listed attendance at 17,428.

Comment

also, when they were showing the gms from the lower sections, back & forth action.. it wasn't bad as the corners had fans.. but.. when they went to the eagle-eye view.. or wide angle from the upper balcony.. was like.. uh oh.. cut back! cut back! (to original camera angle)..
                    .. they stayed on the eagle eye for about 5-10 seconds each time.. not cool. Just zoom into Melrose.. have him do a joke or something.. :--) anyway, do hope Yalies & Bobcat fans pack it Saturday. Gluck to both teams.. what a journey!
                    GO NU HOCKEY
                    Always bullish on the future.
                    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      .. "come on down.. heck, don't even go into work Friday.. it is what.. a 10 hr drive.. come on down fans.." something something.. it was, pretty bad..
                      He also said later in the broadcast when discussing the championship game, "Saturday night...tickets available!"

Comment

Originally posted by justlookin' View Post
                        I agree the place looked empty. However, collegehockeystats listed attendance at 17,428.
                        Tickets were "sold", just not scanned.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Unfortunate that the place looked empty, because it wasn't. Too bad the sparsely populated sections are the sections that show up a lot on TV. The upper bowl was filled. Good for you locals, casual fans, and low priority lottery entrants. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the crowd, except for the NCAA bigwig and corporate sponsor sections. Happy that I like sitting in the end (and we were lucky -- 8 out of 10 goals were scored in our end), but if I really liked sitting on the side, I would have been more upset than I was last night.

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                            One of the best things I love seeing here in Pittsburgh is fans wearing jerseys from all the different hockey teams in the country.
                            Note that there is a display with all 58 jersies. You can play "jersey bingo" and see how many of the jersies you see. Bonus if you see a jersey of a team that doesn't exist any more, like Findlay.

Comment

Note that there is a display with all 58 jersies. You can play "jersey bingo" and see how many of the jersies you see. Bonus if you see a jersey of a team that doesn't exist any more, like Findlay.
                              Did the PC jersey make it this year? I remember it was AWOL a few years ago.
                              Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Well said, man.

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                                Correct on all counts. Will be interesting to see if any of them show up for the all-Connecticut final. It's embarrassing.

Give the corporate sponsors seats in the corner and let the real fans sit in the middle. I sat in the corner and thought the seats were awesome. I hope the guy from Philadelphia's Frozen Four committee is paying attention. He'll get an earful from me on Saturday.
                                Priceless, what do you mean? (I'm sincere.) Do you know who he is? Or is there a meeting where you can pitch ideas at the Philly people? Or?
                                Bugs Bunny - 96
                                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Working...
                                X