Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry Holy Cross... We have a new Gopher Killer

Ryan J
    Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 04-01-2013, 07:10 AM. Reason: Some folks take this board way to seriously.
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Re: Sorry Holy Cross... We have a new Gopher Killer

Try again. You just dropped a notch on the "Good Opposing Fans" ranking.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Didn't Yale prove themselves to be a pretty good team, considering they were an at-large bid and beat North Dakota to go to the Frozen Four?
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        Didn't Yale prove themselves to be a pretty good team, considering they were an at-large bid and beat North Dakota to go to the Frozen Four?
        They did. Yale is a decent team, and has been for a couple years now. But to say that two random years = a long history of choking until this year? Too funny.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Well, somebody needs to post that picture of that highway sign that welcomes people to Grand Forks, as the place where Minnesota lost to Holy Cross at, so that we can get thoroughly silly here until Board comes through and starts nuking threads because some people just can't take a joke.
          bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

this guy is a MTU fan. it sucks so much to be a MTU fan, he has to be a yale fan these days. how low can he go?
            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
              this guy is a MTU fan. it sucks so much to be a MTU fan, he has to be a yale fan these days. how low can he go?
              He could be a Whioux fan.....

Comment

This isn't even close to Holy Cross.
                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Not enough Gopher fans buying his ridiculously overpriced jerseys, I see.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                    Well, somebody needs to post that picture of that highway sign that welcomes people to Grand Forks, as the place where Minnesota lost to Holy Cross at, so that we can get thoroughly silly here until Board comes through and starts nuking threads because some people just can't take a joke.
                    How did Grand Forks get involved in this? The poster is from central Wisconsin.
                    University of North Dakota

National Championships: 8
                    Frozen Fours: 22
                    Conference Titles: 17
                    14 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances

Comment

big is an idiot. JJ is a Tech fan. Do the math.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEagle View Post
                        How did Grand Forks get involved in this? The poster is from central Wisconsin.
                        Grand Forks was where that Regional game was at where Minnesota lost to Holy Cross.

Found IT!!!

*****http://i105.***********.com/albums/m227/psychobearcat/NDInterstateSign.jpg******
                        Last edited by bigmrg74; 04-01-2013, 12:43 AM.
                        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                          This young man made Holy Cross old news in just under 10 seconds.
                          Sidebar - with SCSU going to the Final Four, does that make Minnesota the SCSU of the Bi6 Ten?
                          Are you that stupid or are you just trying real hard here? Nice lame attempt to peddle your fake crap online.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                            Grand Forks was where that Regional game was at where Minnesota lost to Holy Cross.
                            Yes, but North Dakota fans realize that Yale has been legit for a few years. (Nothing fluky about them winning the regional.) Holy Cross had their one shining moment. Holy Cross over Minnesota was a monumental, Miracle On Ice-like upset. Yale beating Minnesota and North Dakota is a bit surprising, but not that big of an upset.
                            University of North Dakota

National Championships: 8
                            Frozen Fours: 22
                            Conference Titles: 17
                            14 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances

Comment

My sincere apology to Gopher fans. I guess with all the new threads this weekend I missed the post where the USCHO board admins banned humor, irony, joking around, and taking a few jabs at other teams from time to time. I guess we can go back to just discussing the dominance of the ECAC (prob can't say EZAC any more either) and how over rated the oWCHA and nWCHA was/is. I think some folks really need to take it down a notch or two. This is a message board, nothing more. Serious discussions should be saved for solving world hunger, the atomic weapons race... and which four EZAC teams will comprise the 2014 Frozen Four.

Ryan J
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Working...
                              X