2013 Selection Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Selection Show

Anyone else ****ed off that ESPN which has 6 channels available to nearly all the country chooses to put half the games on ESPN 3 which is not available to two thirds of the country!!!!!!! Dumb corporate decisions will not grow your pay per view network!!!!! Morons!!!!!!!
    What is behind me is of no importance !!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffShriver View Post
      Anyone else ****ed off that ESPN which has 6 channels available to nearly all the country chooses to put half the games on ESPN 3 which is not available to two thirds of the country!!!!!!! Dumb corporate decisions will not grow your pay per view network!!!!! Morons!!!!!!!
      Incorrect, there are 12 regional games, and 8 of them are on espnu, a full 2/3rds

here is a link to a thread that will list off all the RSN's and other networks that will carry the 4 syndicated games

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ot-game-thread
      Last edited by billmich88888; 03-24-2013, 08:53 PM.

Comment

They lose money on the broadcasts. The only reason they show the games in the first place is that these games are tied into bouncyball/football contracts.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by JeffShriver View Post
          Pizzed off? Yes. Surprised? No, given that NCAA hockey regionals typically get lower ratings than infomercials for bass fishing lures.

Comment

Was really hoping to see Bucci do the selection show...

Comment

Originally posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
              I just LOVE how they find SOMEWAY of putting BC in a bracket without a WCHA team.
              Take off the tinfoil hat, bud. I think almost any team in the tournament would trade places with BC, but there were compelling reasons to put them there. The only reason I could come up with not to put them there was to protect Quinnipiac as the overall #1 seed from playing a top #2 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                Incorrect, there are 12 regional games, and 8 of them are on espnu, a full 2/3rds

here is a link to a thread that will list off all the RSN's and other networks that will carry the 4 syndicated games

Also, the other 1/3 will be syndicated to somebody....a fox/root/whatever network of some sort. If you want to find a game, you can.

r

Comment

I just LOVE how they find SOMEWAY of putting BC in a bracket without a WCHA team.
                  Given that BC is 11-4 under York vs. the WCHA in the NCAA tournament, it's probably a good thing for the WCHA. By a combined score of 64-38. That includes a 2-0 record vs. the Gophers.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                    Take off the tinfoil hat, bud. I think almost any team in the tournament would trade places with BC, but there were compelling reasons to put them there. The only reason I could come up with not to put them there was to protect Quinnipiac as the overall #1 seed from playing a top #2 seed.
                    I know there are other mitigating circumstances that called for their placement in the east. But, it is **** convenient they don't have to go through the toughest conference in college hockey in order to get to the Frozen Four.
                    - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
                    Go you Green and White
                    Go Bemidji Beavers
                    Fight with all your might!
                    Rah! Rah! Rah!
                    We are here to cheer you
                    We are out to win your fame,
                    So, Go Bemidji Beavers
                    Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Comment

Mitigating circumstances, sure. However, touchy-feely arguments go the other way, too, though -- like having played a RI/NH/MA regional 10 times in the 11 years since the tournament expanded to 16 teams. That seems reason enough to actually put them in their properly-seeded region and have them not within walking distance of their regional for once.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        Is there a Starman jinx?
                        Ugh. Hope not!
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

I've got my 2 day pass to the Midwest Regional here in Toledo. Should be fun to see it here in Toledo
                          NCAA Champions: 1984

NCAA Tourney: 1977, 1978, 1979, 1982, 1984, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990

CCHA Champions: 1976, 1978, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post

Ok thx ill keep checking back because I have Foxsports. package on DISHTV !! Maybe FOXD OR FOXD+ will have them!!! Or NESN!!!
                            What is behind me is of no importance !!!!!!!

Comment

I know there are other mitigating circumstances that called for their placement in the east. But, it is **** convenient they don't have to go through the toughest conference in college hockey in order to get to the Frozen Four.
                              Yup, that's why BC ANNIHILATED both UMD and Minn. last year. Next please.

Comment

Originally posted by daaabears View Post
                                Yup, that's why BC ANNIHILATED both UMD and Minn. last year. Next please.
                                Uh - You got the wrong Bulldogs. It was Ferris State, not UMD.

Comment

Working...
                                X