Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wolverines vs Broncos

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
    Is the game being streamed onlin tonight?
    Yes...Bronco Insider with "day pass" option.
    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      Game one done- Michigan 4, Western 3.

Heck of a game- Michigan all first, Western second, and enough of Michigan in the third. Wow.

Side question- Bronco fans- why do you think you are not so popular in KZoo? You are a good team, have excellent student support, and are last year's CCHA champ. On top of that for this season, this loss is just your third of the season. I know the past, Lawson has been packed- what changed?
      Students are back from spring break. It's typical playoff attendance because playoff games are not included in season ticket packs, so many people do not buy them for all 3 games. Students who usually get in free have to pay now. Did you see Ohio State's attendance last night? 700+!

Comment

I was cautiously picking Western in 3 for this series but felt strongly that WMU needed to win Friday night. I think Murray's comments after the 2nd period summed it up. He said Western needed to get more pucks on net like Michigan did. Michigan has not had the best goaltending this year so that should be a given. And he said that their (Western's) goaltending had to live up to past results. I watched the game on TV and did not think it did. Slubowski has to play very well tonight or it will be over.

I think Racine is gaining confidence by knowing he can give up 3 or 4 and his team can score 4 or 5. A few weeks ago, bracketology had WMU has a 2/3 seed for the NCAA. If they lose this series they will still be in but as a #4 seed going somewhere they don't want to be playing a #1 they don't want in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
          Yes...Bronco Insider with "day pass" option.
          Thank you.
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by MeridianStreet View Post
            Students are back from spring break. It's typical playoff attendance because playoff games are not included in season ticket packs, so many people do not buy them for all 3 games. Students who usually get in free have to pay now. Did you see Ohio State's attendance last night? 700+!
            ohio was playing in their practice rink. That entire series is there because Value City Arena is hosting a High School boys bouncy-ball tournament this weekend. That and hockey has never been that big of a deal in ohio...
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Go Broncos!
              GO DU !!!

Comment

I was also watching Vermont v BC, and nobody was there, too.

Not a student section, but the entire thing. Seemed odd which is why I was asking.

Comment

Oh, and ranking wise, if michigan wins tonight, I think we become a tuc- does that change things?

Comment

I think Michigan has to win the title at the Joe to get in the NCAA. If they beat Western, I would bet on them.

Comment

I think Michigan has to win the title at the Joe to get in the NCAA. If they beat Western, I would bet on them.
                      That, I'm sure of. I'm wondering of the change of status for other teams if Michigan becomes a TUC and changes their PWR (or if it does).

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        That, I'm sure of. I'm wondering of the change of status for other teams if Michigan becomes a TUC and changes their PWR (or if it does).
                        Here is a quote from the Pairwise and Bracketology thread that may be or may not be somewhat helpful:

Originally posted by Numbers View Post
                        A few comments on moves in the PWR from tonight's [last night] games:

Because their overall positions were solid, neither QU nor Miami suffered from losing.
                        BU defeating Merrimack caused Merrimack to drop out of the ranks of TUCs, and thus, winning the game cost BU a few comparisions.
                        Notre Dame PWR rank continues to be several points below their RPI rank.
                        Wisconsin was helped by Denver tonight, because CC dropped from being a TUC. Again, the effect of this was to bring Wisco's TUC record in line with their RPI. A sort of normalization.

For tomorrow night [tonight]:
                        CCHA:
                        If Michigan again defeats WMU, this will change, as Michigan will become a TUC, and NoDame was 4-0 vs Michigan.
                        In contrast, if Ferris again beats OSU, then No Dame will lose a 1-0-1 from their TUC record. However, I believe that if both of these happen, then Notre Dame will still rise in the PWR in comparison to their RPI.
                        About OSU: Miami was 3-1-1 against them. So, if FSU beats OSU again, then Miami's TUC record drops to 9-5-1. This is still very good, and would not change anything. Add their 1-1 with Michigan, and still nothing changes.
                        WCHA:
                        CC winning the next 2 would hurt Wisconsin for the above reason in reverse.
                        Miami and QU are still more (QU) or less (Miami) safe.
                        The Bubble (in this case from #15 Union down to maybe Cornell at #21, is very unpredictable due to close RPIs.
                        You might want to ask a question about Michigan winning tonight in that thread; they're pretty good about responding. I think if Michigan wins WMU might fall out of the top 16, but don't know for sure. A lot of it has to do with how UNH, Niagara, SCSU, NoDame, Union, Wisco, RPI, and others do tonight and Sunday.
                        NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

WMU coach Andy Murray said. "We didn't like the two goals we gave up. We gave up a couple of great transition opportunities. I really liked the effort in the game tonight. ... We need to be better. I think there were a couple things with the referees that were not as good as they need to be, just like how I need to be a better coach."

At least the refs missed some of the obvious penalties with the lumberjack work from Witkowski and DeKeyser last night.

Comment

Call your bookie...

Comment

All I got to see was the score feed, so it will be interesting to read some "reviews".

Interesting consequence- before ND won, the moved from 14th to 11th, and Western dropped to a tie for 14th. Not sure what you need to make it now....

Comment

I listened to the first two periods with our homer announcers, even after down-playing their descriptions it sounded as if we dominated. But then again, look who was calling them game...

Comment

Working...
                                X