NMU At Michigan: **Swear Words**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU At Michigan: **Swear Words**

NMU heads down to Yost... Not exactly the friendliest place on earth for us... But U of M is having a down year... Anything is possible...

K GO!
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Re: NMU At Michigan: **Swear Words**

Ann Arbor has been on a roll. After a 1-7 January, they went 5-2-1 in February. Anything could happen here. Three games would not be a shock.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory
      Red finally gave up on Janecyk and went with the freshman, who seems to be holding his own. Michigan led the league in scoring offense so if they score early, look out. If Coreau plays like he did Friday, NMU will come out on top.
      Red didn't "give up" on any of the four goaltenders (including the walk-on who dressed the last two weeks), but is basically auditioning the player who practices the best. Racine has stood out, going 3-0-1 in his last four, but was extremely sharp this past weekend. None of them have a save % over 89%. He has rotated Janny, Racine and Rutledge all season giving them opportunities to grab the reins. Racine finally has- but he definitely is benefitting from *better* defensive play in front of him where forwards are backchecking and forechecking harder and the defense has stabilized with Merrill's return in January.

The other point is, Michigan's offense has perked up, getting solid contributions from three lines now.

Comment

Anyone know if there is any tv or online coverage of this weekends games?

Comment

Real bad news for the Cat's.........

I just heard from a NMU player that Matt Thurber broke his leg at practice today.

Losing your leading scorer a couple days before the playoffs start, OUCH!

Comment

Originally posted by oldtyme25 View Post

I just heard from a NMU player that Matt Thurber broke his leg at practice today.

poop.

Comment

Here's the confirmation via twitter: https://***********/Thurbs12
              NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Swear words is right.

Maybe this will be a rally for the boys. Win it all for Thurber.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Balls
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                    Here's the confirmation via twitter: https://***********/Thurbs12
                    Son of a biscuit eating bulldog...
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by maccat18 View Post
                      Anyone know if there is any tv or online coverage of this weekends games?
                      TBD as of today. I am guessing that Comcast local will pick it up for SE Michigan- for Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory
                        I only saw Michigan at LSSU, so I have to say you would know more than me. The goals Janecyk let in up here were some of the worst I've seen from a collegiate goalie in a long time. I have no doubt that if Michigan can play solid defensively, they will be a force in the playoffs.
                        The goaltending was brutal for most of the season. Janny believe it or not did shut out WMU right before the holiday break. Otherwise, I agree, he has let in some real bad goals this season. Rutledge was equally poor at times, especially in closer games in the third period. Racine has really improved, at least since the beginning of the year- where he was taking a great deal of time recovering from shots and was in poor position for rebounds. He also had a tendency to drift off his angles and over-commit allowing for easy cross ice passes-goals. Some of that is the improved defensive coverage, also. It was really poor much of the season, but has been much better. The only exception was the ND series in early February where the team got run out of South Bend.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                          TBD as of today. I am guessing that Comcast local will pick it up for SE Michigan- for Friday.
                          strek i talked to two soruces and no tv this weeknd yeah its seems ofddthat ken daniels got so ecited for a tie but i think it would be comcast or fsn+ it all depends if threre is scheduling conflicts like for mhsaa basketbll and tethe brez
                          96/98 ncaa champsmeechigan wolves stanley cup chanpions the detroit red wings nd the detroit ****tons

Comment

Matt's had his share of... well... we'll call it 'adversity', in his college career, but it was great to see things working out for him this year. Sad to see his college career end this way. Good luck to former Badger Matt Thurber for a full and quick recovery.

Wish I could say the same to the rest of you guys, but since you waxed us early in the year, Bucky sort of needs you all to fall off the TUC cliff. Nothing personal... so...umm...I guess, ...have a nice off season?
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              Matt's had his share of... well... we'll call it 'adversity', in his college career, but it was great to see things working out for him this year. Sad to see his college career end this way. Good luck to former Badger Matt Thurber for a full and quick recovery.

Wish I could say the same to the rest of you guys, but since you waxed us early in the year, Bucky sort of needs you all to fall off the TUC cliff. Nothing personal... so...umm...I guess, ...have a nice off season?
                              Way to jinx that from happening. Congratulations to the 2014 NCAA Hockey Champs, NMU
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                              X