Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NMU At Michigan: **Swear Words**

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

NMU At Michigan: **Swear Words**

NMU heads down to Yost... Not exactly the friendliest place on earth for us... But U of M is having a down year... Anything is possible...

K GO!
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Re: NMU At Michigan: **Swear Words**

Ann Arbor has been on a roll. After a 1-7 January, they went 5-2-1 in February. Anything could happen here. Three games would not be a shock.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Grizzled Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
    Red finally gave up on Janecyk and went with the freshman, who seems to be holding his own. Michigan led the league in scoring offense so if they score early, look out. If Coreau plays like he did Friday, NMU will come out on top.
    Red didn't "give up" on any of the four goaltenders (including the walk-on who dressed the last two weeks), but is basically auditioning the player who practices the best. Racine has stood out, going 3-0-1 in his last four, but was extremely sharp this past weekend. None of them have a save % over 89%. He has rotated Janny, Racine and Rutledge all season giving them opportunities to grab the reins. Racine finally has- but he definitely is benefitting from *better* defensive play in front of him where forwards are backchecking and forechecking harder and the defense has stabilized with Merrill's return in January.

The other point is, Michigan's offense has perked up, getting solid contributions from three lines now.

Anyone know if there is any tv or online coverage of this weekends games?

Real bad news for the Cat's.........

I just heard from a NMU player that Matt Thurber broke his leg at practice today.

Losing your leading scorer a couple days before the playoffs start, OUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by oldtyme25 View Post

I just heard from a NMU player that Matt Thurber broke his leg at practice today.

poop.

On any given night...

Here's the confirmation via twitter: https://twitter.com/Thurbs12
    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Swear words is right.

Maybe this will be a rally for the boys. Win it all for Thurber.

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

Balls
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aygwm2 View Post
    Here's the confirmation via twitter: https://twitter.com/Thurbs12
    Son of a biscuit eating bulldog...
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Grizzled Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by maccat18 View Post
    Anyone know if there is any tv or online coverage of this weekends games?
    TBD as of today. I am guessing that Comcast local will pick it up for SE Michigan- for Friday.

Grizzled Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers2Glory View Post
    I only saw Michigan at LSSU, so I have to say you would know more than me. The goals Janecyk let in up here were some of the worst I've seen from a collegiate goalie in a long time. I have no doubt that if Michigan can play solid defensively, they will be a force in the playoffs.
    The goaltending was brutal for most of the season. Janny believe it or not did shut out WMU right before the holiday break. Otherwise, I agree, he has let in some real bad goals this season. Rutledge was equally poor at times, especially in closer games in the third period. Racine has really improved, at least since the beginning of the year- where he was taking a great deal of time recovering from shots and was in poor position for rebounds. He also had a tendency to drift off his angles and over-commit allowing for easy cross ice passes-goals. Some of that is the improved defensive coverage, also. It was really poor much of the season, but has been much better. The only exception was the ND series in early February where the team got run out of South Bend.

Thumbs up Re: NMU At Michigan: **Swear Words**

Quote Originally Posted by streaker View Post
    TBD as of today. I am guessing that Comcast local will pick it up for SE Michigan- for Friday.
    strek i talked to two soruces and no tv this weeknd yeah its seems ofddthat ken daniels got so ecited for a tie but i think it would be comcast or fsn+ it all depends if threre is scheduling conflicts like for mhsaa basketbll and tethe brez
    96/98 ncaa champsmeechigan wolves stanley cup chanpions the detroit red wings nd the detroit ****tons

Teaching you how to Bucky.

Matt's had his share of... well... we'll call it 'adversity', in his college career, but it was great to see things working out for him this year. Sad to see his college career end this way. Good luck to former Badger Matt Thurber for a full and quick recovery.

Wish I could say the same to the rest of you guys, but since you waxed us early in the year, Bucky sort of needs you all to fall off the TUC cliff. Nothing personal... so...umm...I guess, ...have a nice off season?
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Quote Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Matt's had his share of... well... we'll call it 'adversity', in his college career, but it was great to see things working out for him this year. Sad to see his college career end this way. Good luck to former Badger Matt Thurber for a full and quick recovery.

Wish I could say the same to the rest of you guys, but since you waxed us early in the year, Bucky sort of needs you all to fall off the TUC cliff. Nothing personal... so...umm...I guess, ...have a nice off season?
    Way to jinx that from happening. Congratulations to the 2014 NCAA Hockey Champs, NMU
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

On any given night...

The last time I was at Yost for a game was in 2010. I think we parked somewhere in back of Yost near the IM bldg. I'm going this Friday and was wondering if you M fans could tell me a good place to park (free, I'm cheap) off of Hoover maybe and then walk a little to Yost. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Just a boring user.

The last time I was at Yost for a game was in 2010. I think we parked somewhere in back of Yost near the IM bldg. I'm going this Friday and was wondering if you M fans could tell me a good place to park (free, I'm cheap) off of Hoover maybe and then walk a little to Yost. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    There's also the neighborhood across State Street from Yost (look on a map). When we used to drive to games, we'd always find parking there. But now we walk.

Just a boring user.

That sucks to hear. Hope he gets better quickly.

not particularly bad

Quote Originally Posted by alfablue View Post
    There's also the neighborhood across State Street from Yost (look on a map). When we used to drive to games, we'd always find parking there. But now we walk.
    If you're >30 minutes before game time, you should have no problem finding street parking in either the neighborhood East of State (as alfa describes here) or North of Hoover, just watch for the one way signs, and some of the two way streets only have parking on one side. Not a terrible walk from those neighborhoods.

There's also a parking lot at Hill (north of Hoover) and Division. A little further walk, but usually has open spots.

I think they've upped the price for parking in the University lot next to Yost to $10.

Just a boring user.

Maybe you got some more info, but it's a good thing you asked- I just got an e-mail from the athletic department telling us to drive early to the game- there are multiple events happening on campus. So come early.

Thread Information