Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: CC at Michigan Tech, 3/8 & 3/9

  1. #1
    Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    33,663

    CC at Michigan Tech, 3/8 & 3/9

    After winning their first game in St. Cloud since '98, Michigan Tech returns home for senior weekend, and a pair of dates with the team they've eliminated from the playoffs three times in 19 years. Scotty Owens must be relieved that these teams will no longer be in the same conference next year.

    Discuss.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

  2. #2
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    39.4049N W 009.1354
    Posts
    6,973

    Re: CC at Michigan Tech, 3/8 & 3/9

    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    After winning their first game in St. Cloud since '98, Michigan Tech returns home for senior weekend, and a pair of dates with the team they've eliminated from the playoffs three times in 19 years. Scotty Owens must be relieved that these teams will no longer be in the same conference next year.

    Discuss.
    I think Tech has a great chance at a sweep. They are at home, on small ice, and cc is not that good away from the springs. Will be tough of course but can be done.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  3. #3
    Blood Boiling with Rage and Hate Almington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    17,009

    Re: CC at Michigan Tech, 3/8 & 3/9

    Go Tech!

  4. #4
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    17,080

    Re: CC at Michigan Tech, 3/8 & 3/9

    Big chance for momentum for the Huskies.

  5. #5
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,472

    Re: CC at Michigan Tech, 3/8 & 3/9

    The subtitle for this thread is:
    Two games that WON'T determine who actually wins the Cup this weekend.

    I can't wait to see how the final weekend shakes out. Hard to believe that WI, currently in 4th, could by the thinnest of chances win the cup, but could also not get home ice all in the span of two games! Sucks to be Bucky.

    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ugh. Badgerland.
    Posts
    1,285

    Re: CC at Michigan Tech, 3/8 & 3/9

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    The subtitle for this thread is:
    Two games that WON'T determine who actually wins the Cup this weekend.

    I can't wait to see how the final weekend shakes out. Hard to believe that WI, currently in 4th, could by the thinnest of chances win the cup, but could also not get home ice all in the span of two games! Sucks to be Bucky.

    Ryan J
    I just want to see us end up in Madison. Pure selfishness there... but I want to go so some more games

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Hoton
    Posts
    33

    Re: CC at Michigan Tech, 3/8 & 3/9

    Hey! Keep it down in here! I can't hear myself think with all this passionate hockey talk.

    OK, it's Friday, begin. Blake is due for a breakout game, Rixx speed/energy line will produce, and Siego gives the home crowd two farewell goals.

  8. #8
    Old Dirty Basterd Shirtless Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    17,080

    Re: CC at Michigan Tech, 3/8 & 3/9

    Big win for the Huskies tonight, 2-0 shutout in Jamie Phillips first start in front of the home crowd. Michigan Tech retained "the Belt" and will go for the sweep tomorrow night. Currently UMD is winning so if that happens and BSU loses, tomorrow is meaningless to MTU from a standings standpoint.
    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

    Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

  9. #9
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    39.4049N W 009.1354
    Posts
    6,973

    Re: CC at Michigan Tech, 3/8 & 3/9

    I didn't get to listen at all being in Europe but it sounded like a very defensive game, which is surprising. I wonder if CC has been shut out all year. Can anyone enlighten me on the game? And what about the crowd? Do we see Genoe tonight?
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  10. #10
    sitting by the river lawdoggies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    WCCHA Land
    Posts
    277

    Re: CC at Michigan Tech, 3/8 & 3/9

    Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    I didn't get to listen at all being in Europe but it sounded like a very defensive game, which is surprising. I wonder if CC has been shut out all year. Can anyone enlighten me on the game? And what about the crowd? Do we see Genoe tonight?
    Tech played a great defensive game and smothered CC's offensive talent. Crowd = 2,639. Colorado has been shut out once, 2-0 by Cornell in October.

  11. #11
    D-1 Hockey Nut
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    On the Glass!
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdoggies View Post
    Tech played a great defensive game and smothered CC's offensive talent. Crowd = 2,639. Colorado has been shut out once, 2-0 by Cornell in October.
    Impressive to shut them down. They've got the ability to score pretty much at will. They've had a very strange season.

  12. #12
    Michigan Tech Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    2,472

    Re: CC at Michigan Tech, 3/8 & 3/9

    I was really hoping for more offense from MTU given the number of goals CC has given up this year, but a win is a win and I'll take it. I'm still amazed at the fact that a team with 30 points won't have home ice this season.
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.

  13. #13
    D-1 Hockey Nut
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    On the Glass!
    Posts
    1,721
    [QUOTE=JohnsonsJerseys;5662099) I'm still amazed at the fact that a team with 30 points won't have home ice this season.
    Ryan J[/QUOTE]

    I know. Amazing end to the season. Should lead to a great postseason. Could be some surprising results in the first round.

  14. #14
    Blood Boiling with Rage and Hate Almington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    17,009

    Re: CC at Michigan Tech, 3/8 & 3/9

    Quote Originally Posted by MagnessMan View Post
    I know. Amazing end to the season. Should lead to a great postseason. Could be some surprising results in the first round.
    I don't think I'll be surprised by any upsets (if they occur) in 3 vs 10 through 6 vs 7 match-ups this year. I don't think that the gap between the teams is all that large this season (the higher seeded teams may have been more consistant over the course of the season but I don't think they hold the same raw talent level advantage that they have in the past

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •