Fire Dave shyiak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Dave shyiak

Dont know what happened to the old thread, so time to start a new oneI know we stilll have two weeks left in the season but I am personally sick of the great play one night and ****ty play the next. Time for some new blood, any suggestions?

FIRE DAVE SHYIAK
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Re: Fire Dave shyiak

Players win, coaches lose.

Comment

Sarah Palin
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Hmmmm, what can be done for UAA?

Buld a new, nice on-campus stadium? Oh, yeah, UAA did that -- and fitted it for D-II basketball only????
        http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/fpc/projects/sportsarena.cfm

D-II horse-dung hoops, while the hockey team is left slapping the puck in that empty old barn shared with the Aces?

I think UAA's prolems are much deeper than Dave Shyiak. As an outsider, it appears that the school's administration, what there is of it, would just a soon see hockey die, let UAF be Alaska's hockey school, so UAA can be Alaska's basketball school. Thats what it looks like from the outside. The Sully is a sad, dark rink which is usually 3/4 empty fo UAA games. That nice new on-campus stadium would have been a huge recruiting step-up, and maybe given your coach some serious ammo on the recruitin trail (e.g., not only do you get to live in Anchorage, but we have this amzing new facility, in this lovely wooded campus, and the dedicated support of the school leadership). Instead, the administration appears to have decided that Shyiak is on his own, and hopefully he and his puckheads will just walk away.

Where is Doyle Woody (btw, one of the better nationwide college hockey writers)? How did he let this happen?
        Last edited by Lakerblue; 02-19-2013, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I know they are deeper than shyiak but teams in the past have overcome those issues, and uaf has some of those issues as well and they have seem to overcome them. I'm sorry it's time for change
          Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

I'm viewing on a mobile device so I can't see if UAAfanblog was suspended.

IF UAAfanblog was suspended, then some chapped and butthurt Jan Brady State fans caused the thread to be deleted.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

IF UAAfanblog was suspended, then some chapped and butthurt Jan Brady State fans caused the thread to be deleted.
              It doesn't say he is banned. Maybe he just nuked it.

It would seem that the time is right to find a new coach.
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                Hmmmm, what can be done for UAA?

Buld a new, nice on-campus stadium? Oh, yeah, UAA did that -- and fitted it for D-II basketball only????
                http://www.uaa.alaska.edu/fpc/projects/sportsarena.cfm

D-II horse-dung hoops, while the hockey team is left slapping the puck in that empty old barn shared with the Aces?

I think UAA's prolems are much deeper than Dave Shyiak. As an outsider, it appears that the school's administration, what there is of it, would just a soon see hockey die, let UAF be Alaska's hockey school, so UAA can be Alaska's basketball school. Thats what it looks like from the outside. The Sully is a sad, dark rink which is usually 3/4 empty fo UAA games. That nice new on-campus stadium would have been a huge recruiting step-up, and maybe given your coach some serious ammo on the recruitin trail (e.g., not only do you get to live in Anchorage, but we have this amzing new facility, in this lovely wooded campus, and the dedicated support of the school leadership). Instead, the administration appears to have decided that Shyiak is on his own, and hopefully he and his puckheads will just walk away.

Where is Doyle Woody (btw, one of the better nationwide college hockey writers)? How did he let this happen?
                I am technically a UAA outsider but know enough about the U of A system to make a few comments.

1. UAA hoops may be D-II, but they have one of the better D-II programs in the country. Personally I think that new arena was overkill for a D-II basketball and volleyball program, particularly since they excluded hockey, but more power to them for getting it built.

2. I don't think UAA will ever let hockey die. There are enough diehard puckhead fans (and Anchorage is a hockey town) that there would be a pretty big backlash if they pulled the plug. Regarding UAA being the basketball school and pulling the plug at UAF, that won't happen because UAF is at the minimum number of sports to be a NCAA varsity program. Not to mention UAF has made some significant coaching and scholarship investments in the men's basketball program in the last two years.

3. I agree that UAA's problems run deeper than Shyiak, but at the same time the guy has had seven (or is it more?) years to win some games there and it hasn't happened. Eventually you have to cut your losses and move on. Just comparing to UAF, UAA is an easier recruiting location and has historically been in a better (and much more financially lucrative) league but the program is swirling in the toilet; there's no reason UAA couldn't have been at least competitive on a yearly basis in the old WCHA. And in the new world order of the WCHA, UAF and UAA need each other to be good, or at least competitive. If it gets to a point where one or both of us are a drain on the league it could be a death warrant.

Anyway yeah, I think they need to move on from Shyiak. I don't think things could get much worse anyway, so might as well try something new.

Oh, and Woody is an Aces shill.
                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

No, I bet he took his ball and went home.
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

So I guess Donald started the other thread about UAA vs UA_ and nuked that one too. Man that butt must hurt real bad....

Comment

But keep blaming us! You're good at that.

And to stay on topic, which you are failing at, I totally think Shyiak should be fired. And they should hire Donald because he's obviously the smartest man alive.
                      St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                        But keep blaming us! You're good at that.

And to stay on topic, which you are failing at, I totally think Shyiak should be fired. And they should hire Donald because he's obviously the smartest man alive.
                        Enough about Donald. Let's stay on topic folks. FIRE SHYIAK.
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

They should beg Hill to dump his wife and come back. They at least won a tiny bit when he was coach.

As for Donald, I don't think the parks on Chicago will live up to his standards......
                          Last edited by scsutommyboy; 02-20-2013, 06:52 PM.
                          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

While I'm sad to see Donald decided to delete his 'It's time for UAA and Shyiak to have a Discussion' post, I'm glad Seawolfpunk posted this thread to keep the discussion alive. From this UAA fan's perspective, the bottom line is that Shyiak has had more than enough time to prove himself and as it turns out it just hasn't happened. Could he still eventually make a winning team out of the Seawolves? Sure, but I doubt many UAA fans are willing to give him more time to see.

A team can only tolerate so much losing before you have to look at the head coach. Yes, I'm sure he's an outstanding individual as a person, but as Donald says great human beings do not necessarily make winning college hockey coaches. In other words his character as a person is not what is up for judgement at this point, it's him as a college hockey coach. Some might argue that we are going to suck regardless of who is our coach, but I don't think the fact that the Seawolves being based in Alaska dooms them to failure as a team. Look at the Alaska Aces, they have a similarly brutal road/travel schedule as the Seawolves but they are one of the winningest teams in their league.

The bottom line is that we as UAA fans have given him his chance and it is time UAA/he admits it hasn't worked out.
                            Last edited by Alaskana; 02-20-2013, 06:15 PM.

Comment

I think you guys should give him a year or two in a like-minded conference. He has never been dealt a hand he can play and with the playing field leveled much more for next year I think he could surprise some people
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                              X