Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Will Puck Swami be sighted wearing Sioux green?
    Surely you jest!
    GO DU !!!

Comment

I see no mention of guns in any of those trumped up charges.

Pioneers shoot each other.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
        Oh sure. Like Hakstol doesn't have to remind UND players to keep the guns at home before roadtrips.

North Dakota Hockey Player Rap Sheet
        August, 2005 - UND Captain Matt Greene arrested for DUI
        July, 2006 - Robbie Bina Arrested For DUI
        September, 2006 - Joe Finley arrested for "Loud Party"
        November, 2006 - Jonathan Toews charged with "minor in consumption and noisy party gathering"
        February, 2007 - Toews, T.J. Oshie & Bina arrested at Judy's Tavern
        February, 2007- Grand Forks Police Chief Packett addresses team
        April, 2007 - Toews & Oshie plead guilty
        May, 2007 - Finley ordered to pay fine & perform community service
        December, 2007 - Oshie arrested again, this time for disorderly conduct allegedly after peeing in an elevator
        July, 2009 - Finley & Matt Frattin arrested for disorderly conduct, fleeing from police and giving false information
        August, 2009 - Frattin arrested again. This time its DUI
        September, 2010 - Danny Kristo cited by police for underage drinking
        January, 2011 - Danny Kristo suffers frostbite in "Snowbank Incident"
        April 2012 - Michael Parks cited for underage drinking
        August 2012 - Dan Senkbeil cited for underage drinking & running from cops
        August 2012 - Michael Parks cited for underage drinking for 2nd time
        September 2012 - Captains Andrew MacWilliam, Corban Knight Danny Kristo & Carter Rowney suspended 1 game for "unacceptable behavior at team party." Additionally Connor Gaarder, Andrew Panzarella and Stephane Pattyn suspended 1 game. Jordan Schmaltz, Bryn Chyzyk, Zane Gothberg, and Drake Caggiula charged with underage drinking.
        September 2012 - Danny Kristo and sophomore forward Brendan O’Donnell suspended one game for violating athletic department policy.
        Didn't the Grand Forks DA recently file charges for the September 2012 incident?
        Last edited by vizoroo; 02-19-2013, 05:04 PM.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

DU is in dire straits, clinging to gain home ice advantage in the playoffs. Please Denver, no stupid hits or thinking with your fists. Keep your dawgs on the leash, Mayfield! See - Dakota players are traditionally sore losers. The BEST way to hurt them the most is right up on the scoreboard. That stings a lot more than any booming hit or after-whistle jab or facewash. Get a couple goals up on them about 30 minutes or so into the game and they will get visibly mad and start to self-destruct and will wear a path to the penalty bench. I' telling you....Watch for it. Power plays and Juho Olkinuora are going to drive these games. DU can't afford to have anyone kicked out.
          I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Luckily for UND this year, like most years, DU is committing more penalties than they are. DU is even outgooning UMD. That right there is an accomplishment. Curious George has to be proud of them for that.

UND Sweeps
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Will George hit the ice runnin'?
              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Get the sweep Sioux!

Nothing personal Denver, but we'd really like to have you over in a few weeks.
                I know I'm biased, but this is dumb. If I were NOT a DU fan, I would NOT want to see us in the first round. This team can shut down good teams, and score big. Just not consistently. There is always someone in the bottom half that you don't want to see come to town in the first round. To me, this year, that's Denver. We have had an incredibly frustrating season, but it's not because the team is bad, it's because the team is inconsistent. But sometimes those teams come up huge when they need to. ('03-'04 Pioneers come to mind)
                Last edited by duper; 02-20-2013, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Thought I would need a shovel after reading some of the Sioux fan posts. But on 2nd thought, if they see a shovel they might start digging up the trees on campus to take home to arboreal challenged state.
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                    Thought I would need a shovel after reading some of the Sioux fan posts. But on 2nd thought, if they see a shovel they might start digging up the trees on campus to take home to arboreal challenged state.
                    Nah, we'll just dig up the weed. Trees are useless, weed on the other hand you can make rope with!

Pioneers Sleep
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Just let me interject - This is not the series of years gone by. Denver doesn't have high-powered offense this go-around. DU has a defense corps with an identity crisis.... these Pioneer D guys actually think they play offense with a Finnish gentleman in the goal crease who's crazy-stupid good. I'm not saying DU sweeps; I'm saying ......... Olkinuora drives this bus
                      I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                        Just let me interject - This is not the series of years gone by. Denver doesn't have high-powered offense this go-around. DU has a defense corps with an identity crisis.... these Pioneer D guys actually think they play offense with a Finnish gentleman in the goal crease who's crazy-stupid good. I'm not saying DU sweeps; I'm saying ......... Olkinuora drives this bus
                        Not surprised, really. No team with a coach that short is meant to last.

Comment

DU Game Notes for this weekend. No injuries for DU.
                          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

North Dakota game notes. What a difference from last year when the team couldn't fill a full roster due to injuries. This year there is competition to avoid being a healthy scratch.

http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle...CLID=206465065
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by 32 Degrees! View Post
                              DU is in dire straits, clinging to gain home ice advantage in the playoffs. Please Denver, no stupid hits or thinking with your fists. Keep your dawgs on the leash, Mayfield! See - Dakota players are traditionally sore losers. The BEST way to hurt them the most is right up on the scoreboard. That stings a lot more than any booming hit or after-whistle jab or facewash. Get a couple goals up on them about 30 minutes or so into the game and they will get visibly mad and start to self-destruct and will wear a path to the penalty bench. I' telling you....Watch for it. Power plays and Juho Olkinuora are going to drive these games. DU can't afford to have anyone kicked out.
                              Agreed. Long shot Mayfield follows your advice.
                              Go Pioneers!

Comment

Anybody know of a spot in Scottsdale AZ to watch the game?

Comment

Working...
                                X