Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 63

Thread: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    19,667

    DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    As the WCHA regular season draws to a close these two 7-time NCAA Champs gear up for another epic battle. It may not be the Frozen Four, NCAA Regionals, or the final Final Five, but there is no doubt the intensity and animosity will be on display Friday and Saturday night at Magness Arena.
    GO DU !!!

  2. #2
    Gurtholfin
    Guest

    Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    Get the sweep Sioux!

    Nothing personal Denver, but we'd really like to have you over in a few weeks.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2

    Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    Split.
    NoDak wins 4-2 Friday. Denver 3-1 Saturday
    UMD only Maroon and Gold that matters!

    Good to See YAA always a pleasure!

  4. #4
    #BanBiddy Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Posts
    55,847

    Smile Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    Were there any more hush hush suspensions or players leaving DU over their bye week?
    Will DU manage to account for half the fans at Magness?
    Will the DU student section be empty as they all went to Daddy's Chalet?
    During which period will Nolan Zajac transfer to UND?
    Could Garrett Allen look any more like a mole?
    Zach Hope's two favorite players are both UND alums. Why do you think that is?
    If they play all four goalies at the same time, do the Pioneers have a chance of stopping UND?

    UND Sweep
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    8,408

    Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    Were there any more hush hush suspensions or players leaving DU over their bye week?
    Will DU manage to account for half the fans at Magness?
    Will the DU student section be empty as they all went to Daddy's Chalet?
    During which period will Nolan Zajac transfer to UND?
    Could Garrett Allen look any more like a mole?
    Zach Hope's two favorite players are both UND alums. Why do you think that is?
    If they play all four goalies at the same time, do the Pioneers have a chance of stopping UND?

    UND Sweep
    Will Puck Swami be sighted wearing Sioux green?

  6. #6
    Time For 9 du78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    N. Merrick, NY
    Posts
    26,445

    Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    Will DU allow a booster seat on the bench for Rocco?
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

    DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

    DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

    MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD


    Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Grand Forks, ND
    Posts
    138

    Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    Quote Originally Posted by du78 View Post
    Will DU allow a booster seat on the bench for Rocco?
    And also one for 'Gwoz the dasher troll' or maybe that's already built in on the Pio's bench?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Monks, Iowa
    Posts
    6,957
    Quote Originally Posted by du78 View Post
    Will DU allow a booster seat on the bench for Rocco?
    I think they just allow him the door both ways and make players coming off the ice jump the boards

  9. #9
    #BanBiddy Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Posts
    55,847

    Smile Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    Since a memorial is being built will DU being wearing special Hot Dog jerseys to memorialize Yakov kicking the bucket?

    Manifest Destiny Mass Murderers Weep
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

  10. #10
    Make the playoffs, not war.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Atop Mt. Crumpit with Max.
    Posts
    1,967

    Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    Is this the "Fire Dave Shyiak" thread? I heard it moved.
    "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
    Discontinued Program:https://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
    The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
    Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

  11. #11
    Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Crystal, Minnesota
    Posts
    8,847

    Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    Since a memorial is being built will DU being wearing special Hot Dog jerseys to memorialize Yakov kicking the bucket?

    Manifest Destiny Mass Murderers Weep
    Those jerks killed the buffs!
    tUMD Hockey

    "And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

  12. #12
    Killing threads since 2004
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Ramsey County Adult Detention Fac.
    Posts
    757

    Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    will DU being wearing special Hot Dog jerseys to memorialize Yakov kicking the bucket?
    it would go well with the scrambled eggs logo

  13. #13
    dggoddard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,721

    Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    Quote Originally Posted by cross cheque View Post
    Is this the "Fire Dave Shyiak" thread? I heard it moved.
    There should be a "Fire Donald - Give Shyiak An Extension" Thread.

    Now to answer Dirty's Fan Mail Questions.

    Q: Were there any more hush hush suspensions or players leaving DU over their bye week?
    A: If you didn't hear about them, they didn't happen. Move along.

    Q: Will DU manage to account for half the fans at Magness?
    A: The Freak Show arrives at Magness Arena on Friday night. Hopefully they all move back to North Dakota on Sunday.

    Q: Will the DU student section be empty as they all went to Daddy's Chalet?
    A: Its Western Night in the Student Section.

    Q: During which period will Nolan Zajac transfer to UND?
    A: The only way Zajac ever visits North Dakota is if his NHL Charter Flight has mechanical problems on the way to Chicago.

    Q: Could Garrett Allen look any more like a mole?
    A: Garrett Allen is so fast he's never had his photo taken.

    Q: Zach Hope's two favorite players are both UND alums. Why do you think that is?
    A: Because the only UND alums worth a **** are hockey players.

    Q: If they play all four goalies at the same time, do the Pioneers have a chance of stopping UND?

    A: Gwoz's new power play unit features four goaltenders & two Dmen. Its designed to not give up shorthanded goals.

  14. #14
    #BanBiddy Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Posts
    55,847

    Smile Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    Quote Originally Posted by dggoddard View Post
    Q: Will the DU student section be empty as they all went to Daddy's Chalet?
    A: Its Western Night in the Student Section.
    I like how they need to explicitly tell students not to bring guns to this pseudo KKK rally.

    UND Sweeps
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

  15. #15
    dggoddard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    13,721

    Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
    I like how they need to explicitly tell students not to bring guns to this pseudo KKK rally.

    UND Sweeps
    Oh sure. Like Hakstol doesn't have to remind UND players to keep the guns at home before roadtrips.

    North Dakota Hockey Player Rap Sheet
    August, 2005 - UND Captain Matt Greene arrested for DUI
    July, 2006 - Robbie Bina Arrested For DUI
    September, 2006 - Joe Finley arrested for "Loud Party"
    November, 2006 - Jonathan Toews charged with "minor in consumption and noisy party gathering"
    February, 2007 - Toews, T.J. Oshie & Bina arrested at Judy's Tavern
    February, 2007- Grand Forks Police Chief Packett addresses team
    April, 2007 - Toews & Oshie plead guilty
    May, 2007 - Finley ordered to pay fine & perform community service
    December, 2007 - Oshie arrested again, this time for disorderly conduct allegedly after peeing in an elevator
    July, 2009 - Finley & Matt Frattin arrested for disorderly conduct, fleeing from police and giving false information
    August, 2009 - Frattin arrested again. This time its DUI
    September, 2010 - Danny Kristo cited by police for underage drinking
    January, 2011 - Danny Kristo suffers frostbite in "Snowbank Incident"
    April 2012 - Michael Parks cited for underage drinking
    August 2012 - Dan Senkbeil cited for underage drinking & running from cops
    August 2012 - Michael Parks cited for underage drinking for 2nd time
    September 2012 - Captains Andrew MacWilliam, Corban Knight Danny Kristo & Carter Rowney suspended 1 game for "unacceptable behavior at team party." Additionally Connor Gaarder, Andrew Panzarella and Stephane Pattyn suspended 1 game. Jordan Schmaltz, Bryn Chyzyk, Zane Gothberg, and Drake Caggiula charged with underage drinking.
    September 2012 - Danny Kristo and sophomore forward Brendan O’Donnell suspended one game for violating athletic department policy.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    19,667

    Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Will Puck Swami be sighted wearing Sioux green?
    Surely you jest!
    GO DU !!!

  17. #17
    #BanBiddy Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Posts
    55,847

    Smile Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    I see no mention of guns in any of those trumped up charges.

    Pioneers shoot each other.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    19,667

    Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    Quote Originally Posted by dggoddard View Post
    Oh sure. Like Hakstol doesn't have to remind UND players to keep the guns at home before roadtrips.

    North Dakota Hockey Player Rap Sheet
    August, 2005 - UND Captain Matt Greene arrested for DUI
    July, 2006 - Robbie Bina Arrested For DUI
    September, 2006 - Joe Finley arrested for "Loud Party"
    November, 2006 - Jonathan Toews charged with "minor in consumption and noisy party gathering"
    February, 2007 - Toews, T.J. Oshie & Bina arrested at Judy's Tavern
    February, 2007- Grand Forks Police Chief Packett addresses team
    April, 2007 - Toews & Oshie plead guilty
    May, 2007 - Finley ordered to pay fine & perform community service
    December, 2007 - Oshie arrested again, this time for disorderly conduct allegedly after peeing in an elevator
    July, 2009 - Finley & Matt Frattin arrested for disorderly conduct, fleeing from police and giving false information
    August, 2009 - Frattin arrested again. This time its DUI
    September, 2010 - Danny Kristo cited by police for underage drinking
    January, 2011 - Danny Kristo suffers frostbite in "Snowbank Incident"
    April 2012 - Michael Parks cited for underage drinking
    August 2012 - Dan Senkbeil cited for underage drinking & running from cops
    August 2012 - Michael Parks cited for underage drinking for 2nd time
    September 2012 - Captains Andrew MacWilliam, Corban Knight Danny Kristo & Carter Rowney suspended 1 game for "unacceptable behavior at team party." Additionally Connor Gaarder, Andrew Panzarella and Stephane Pattyn suspended 1 game. Jordan Schmaltz, Bryn Chyzyk, Zane Gothberg, and Drake Caggiula charged with underage drinking.
    September 2012 - Danny Kristo and sophomore forward Brendan O’Donnell suspended one game for violating athletic department policy.
    Didn't the Grand Forks DA recently file charges for the September 2012 incident?
    Last edited by vizoroo; 02-19-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    GO DU !!!

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The good part of Colorado (not the 'Springs)
    Posts
    500

    Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    DU is in dire straits, clinging to gain home ice advantage in the playoffs. Please Denver, no stupid hits or thinking with your fists. Keep your dawgs on the leash, Mayfield! See - Dakota players are traditionally sore losers. The BEST way to hurt them the most is right up on the scoreboard. That stings a lot more than any booming hit or after-whistle jab or facewash. Get a couple goals up on them about 30 minutes or so into the game and they will get visibly mad and start to self-destruct and will wear a path to the penalty bench. I' telling you....Watch for it. Power plays and Juho Olkinuora are going to drive these games. DU can't afford to have anyone kicked out.
    I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

  20. #20
    #BanBiddy Dirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Posts
    55,847

    Smile Re: DU vs UND --We Meet Again

    Luckily for UND this year, like most years, DU is committing more penalties than they are. DU is even outgooning UMD. That right there is an accomplishment. Curious George has to be proud of them for that.

    UND Sweeps
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •