Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Favorite UML Riverhawk Wins By Year

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Section 105 in the Tsongas Center.
    Posts
    374

    Favorite UML Riverhawk Wins By Year

    We've talked about a few in the season thread. Here's my favorites from the last few years. This is just from memory of games I was at so please chime in with your own faves, corrections, added details and embellishments.

    2012-2013: Scoring 3 goals in 11 minutes to tie it up in the third then winning in OT against NU in front of over 7000 fans at the Tsongas.

    2011-2012: Lot's a great games this year but my fave was giving up a goal to BU in the first minute of play then potting 7 unanswered goals for the anihilation win. Early in the season and I thought, "wow, we're for real!" We were.

    2010-2011: OT win 5-4 against PC in our home opener. Back and forth game. Unfortunately I wouldn't see them win again for 3 months.

    2009-2010: Mid season, up 1-0 against BC going into the third. BC tied it up, then we went ahead on a disputed goal. Got the empty netter to ice it. Big crowd at the Tsongas. First time I'd seen us beat BC at Tsongas.

    2008-2009: Though we outshot NU in the HEA semi by a wide margin we needed the 1-1 equalizer with less than 1 minute left in regulation on a two many men on the ice penalty. Got the game winner a few minutes later in OT to advance to the final.

  2. #2
    R.I.P. Kirby
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,444

    Re: Favorite UML Riverhawk Wins By Year

    I was at Munn in 1996 when UML beat Michigan State in their own barn. That was fun.
    Cornell '92, Michigan '97 - Go Red! Go Blue!
    I flex a real hard juice card.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    632

    Re: Favorite UML Riverhawk Wins By Year

    Has to be the Miami game in the NCAAs. Lowell charges out to a 3-0 lead and Connor Knapp makes a few big saves to keep Miami in the game. The RedHawks tie the game at 3 in the 3rd and get a 5 minute power play in which Lowell blocks a lot of shots and Carr robs Reilly Smith on the doorstep twice. Miami comes out charging in OT when Schilling hits the crossbar, then Lowell comes down about a minute later and scores the gamewinner. Instant classic!
    Let the Rebuilding Begin

  4. #4
    2017 & 2018 Pick-em contest winner
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Chelmsford, MA and Section 119
    Posts
    1,280

    Re: Favorite UML Riverhawk Wins By Year

    Quote Originally Posted by umassfan49 View Post
    Has to be the Miami game in the NCAAs. Lowell charges out to a 3-0 lead and Connor Knapp makes a few big saves to keep Miami in the game. The RedHawks tie the game at 3 in the 3rd and get a 5 minute power play in which Lowell blocks a lot of shots and Carr robs Reilly Smith on the doorstep twice. Miami comes out charging in OT when Schilling hits the crossbar, then Lowell comes down about a minute later and scores the gamewinner. Instant classic!
    Without a doubt, the win over Miami has been the best game I have been to taking into consideration that it was a NCAA playoff game.
    What did you say?
    Who own the Chiefs?
    What did he say?
    Owns! Owns!

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    8,492

    Re: Favorite UML Riverhawk Wins By Year

    Quote Originally Posted by MoFan View Post
    I was at Munn in 1996 when UML beat Michigan State in their own barn. That was fun.
    I was at that one too. Lowell had also done the same in '94.

    The one in '96 was awesome, having MSU fans come up to us post game and say "We wish our students were as loud as you" was hilarious.
    Monty

    2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    109

    Re: Favorite UML Riverhawk Wins By Year

    Agree with the game in the NCAA's. Especially after killing off that major at the end. I got goosebumps just reading about that. What a game.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Section 105 in the Tsongas Center.
    Posts
    374

    Re: Favorite UML Riverhawk Wins By Year

    Saw that Miami game at the Sportszone, wish I was there in Bridgeport!!

    Another great one from last year was the 3-2 win against Providence in Game 2 of the HEA quarterfinals. Major nailbiter. Providence hit the post twice in OT before Kamrass won it with his first collegiate goal. Win set the record for greatest season turnaround. Too bad we couldn't finish it the next day but who knows, maybe we wouldn't have beat Miami without the rest.

  8. #8
    Holding court
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    HOTel cORAL esSEX
    Posts
    5,942

    Re: Favorite UML Riverhawk Wins By Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishhawk View Post
    2011-2012: Early in the season and I thought, "wow, we're for real!" We were.
    You were?
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010 View Post
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Section 105 in the Tsongas Center.
    Posts
    374

    Re: Favorite UML Riverhawk Wins By Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    You were?
    The team was for real, yes.

  10. #10
    "I mean, that thing is good"
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Boston,Ma
    Posts
    584

    Re: Favorite UML Riverhawk Wins By Year

    I would have to say the Miami game for so many reasons.
    1. Fun traveling to a neutral site and having so many Lowell Fans in one place
    2. The pre-game experience at the Bridgeport Bar, meeting other Lowell fans that I never met before, including Patman
    3. Watching the game with my two college buddies, as we experienced so much negativity over the past seasons (5 win season, Olympics and the Frenchmen, Falcogate, Walter leaves early, etc)
    4. Being up 3-0, to having it be 3-3, to killing off a 5 min major, to winning in overtime… priceless. It was something that I will remember for a long time.
    "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
    make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

  11. #11
    Rodent of Unusual Size Patman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Posts
    22,972
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeytown View Post
    I would have to say the Miami game for so many reasons.
    1. Fun traveling to a neutral site and having so many Lowell Fans in one place
    2. The pre-game experience at the Bridgeport Bar, meeting other Lowell fans that I never met before, including Patman
    3. Watching the game with my two college buddies, as we experienced so much negativity over the past seasons (5 win season, Olympics and the Frenchmen, Falcogate, Walter leaves early, etc)
    4. Being up 3-0, to having it be 3-3, to killing off a 5 min major, to winning in overtime… priceless. It was something that I will remember for a long time.


    UML 8, BC 4 01-02?

    Lots of scoring... Ends with an ENG... And then a humiliator from converted d-man Kevin Kotyluk

  12. #12
    "I mean, that thing is good"
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Boston,Ma
    Posts
    584

    Re: Favorite UML Riverhawk Wins By Year

    Quote Originally Posted by Patman View Post
    And then a humiliator from converted d-man Kevin Kotyluk
    The blast from Kevin was amazing. An absolute seed.
    "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
    make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    14,756

    Re: Favorite UML Riverhawk Wins By Year

    UML 2 - BU 1 (OT)

    2009 HE title game

    Wait...

  14. #14
    Enjoying the ride
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Bradford, Ma
    Posts
    105

    Re: Favorite UML Riverhawk Wins By Year

    The next one

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •