No announcement yet.

Question for Michigan State fans....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Question for Michigan State fans....

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    No.

Half of Michigan's roster consists of NHL draft picks, last year's CCHA ROY and a $5-billion dollar makeover. State's got - well, the beginnings of Anastos' vastly improved recruiting effort mixed with the holdovers from a bygone era.

What's Michigan's excuse?
    Mel left...red is going senile?

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
      Maybe you don't, but I want to kick their *** every time we play them. They've won too many times lately and it is more of a back and forth series than state. Plus in most instances, the Michigan and western are both highly ranked. I know they take great joy in hearing that they actually matter to a big boy school.

Time will correct it though. After they get smacked around in the NCHC for a few years, they'll go to the WCHA with the other misfit toys.
      I don't think so. I don't expect us to be great right away but since this turnaround we've held our own against future NCHC opponents. Murray is the key to our future success, if he sticks around long enough we'll do just fine in the NCHC. Afterall look what getting smacked around by UM, MSU and Miami in the CCHA did for us!

I think deep down you'll miss the newfound rivalry with Western, after all... we're the one's leaving the CCHA with a winning record..... any I KNOW you can stand that!
      Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Don't listen to him. No one cares about Western.

We don't like you either. Have fun in the Toilet Bowl at the Joe next weekend!

Comment

No.

Half of Michigan's roster consists of NHL draft picks, last year's CCHA ROY and a $5-billion dollar makeover. State's got - well, the beginnings of Anastos' vastly improved recruiting effort mixed with the holdovers from a bygone era.

What's Michigan's excuse?
          Give that former MSU coach some credit, he somehow pieced together a four game NCAA tournament run.

Goalie John Gibson in the OHL and three third string goalies with a 2-1 record vs. MSU and a 6-15-2 record against all other teams. Two lackluster recruiting classes. It's generally one year of suckitude vs. five years of suckitude.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
            Honestly though, the high from beating wasn't as nearly as great as it was when both teams were Top-5 programs. I'd say right now, Michigan-western is the bigger rivalry.
            Yeah, but with that "only this season" attitude you can say that Western considers Fairbanks a bigger rival than Michigan.
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
              Afterall look what getting smacked around by UM, MSU and Miami in the CCHA did for us!
              But yet years of having your season abruptly end in Marquette at the hands of "lowly WCHA misfit" Northern Michigan didn't help motivate your school?

Get bent.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                But yet years of having your season abruptly end in Marquette at the hands of "lowly WCHA misfit" Northern Michigan didn't help motivate your school?

Get bent.
                I love the continued bitterness exhibited by many of the left behind whiners. It's still just so entertaining and hilarious!
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

As an MSU fan, I really like Anastos and think he is going to do a fine job. Everyone can poke fun for now but I believe we will be improving a lot over the next few years. We lost an extraordinary amount of production from last season and we all expected to struggle this year.

We will bounce back. All you turds will see.

Comment

Originally posted by alnike View Post
                    Give that former MSU coach some credit, he somehow pieced together a four game NCAA tournament run.

Goalie John Gibson in the OHL and three third string goalies with a 2-1 record vs. MSU and a 6-15-2 record against all other teams. Two lackluster recruiting classes. It's generally one year of suckitude vs. five years of suckitude.
                    Darn right 5 years of suckitude. It sucks and life as a season-ticket-holder has sucked and getting the life sucked out of the building has sucked. Blame 4 of those on the predecessor (whom I actually defended until oh about the middle of 2010-2011 btw), however. Put this year's suckitude (why does this word continually get red-lined?) on a lack of upper-class scoring know-how. The current guy didn't recruit them.

My spirits are lifted by knowing we are drawing extremely well. Part of it is the business & marketing skills of Anastos, part of it is we love to see skaters actually pushing the puck up & down the ice with a little more attitude.

And yes, it's appalling even to me to see the 3rd-string-goalieship down there in a2.
                    Last edited by owslachief; 01-28-2013, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      I love the continued bitterness exhibited by many of the left behind whiners. It's still just so entertaining and hilarious!
                      Whioux are you?
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The best part is, before they were left behind all they did was complain about how the big programs got all the attention, biased reporting, all the tv games. Even conspiracies about officiating.
                        So now, they can have a conference where every team is on equal footing and there are no media darlings...and they still find something to complain about.

And yes, it's appalling even to me to see the 3rd-string-goalieship down there in a2.
                        Hey, our last 3rd string goalie got us to a NCAA championship game. I was under the impression all 3rd string goalies were as awesome as Hunwick. Clearly, I was wrong. At this point, I'd just like a goalie that can make all the easy saves and some of the difficult ones.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Kinda reminds me of your bitterness towards UND being left off Minnesota's schedule. Agree, it is hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                            Kinda reminds me of your bitterness towards UND being left off Minnesota's schedule. Agree, it is hilarious
                            You might be the longest running skipping record of all time 3,088 posts and counting. You're like strawberry ice cream, not original.
                            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

Get bent.
                              The only thing the Broncos learned from NMU is that stealing 13 bikes and hiding them in the hockey arena could get 4 of your players up to 93 days in jail and $500.00 in fines.....

Black market bike sales fund NMU hockey... Niice!
                              Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                                Indeed. But I only complained about that for a few days last week as opposed to going on two years.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X