Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCSU @ UND 1-25/1-26, Stearns County vs. Stearns County North

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    I'm ****ed I may not see a second of it. I have to do play-by-play for high school bouncyball Friday (yeah....) and then Saturday we've got a small group of SCSU fans in the Des Moines area for a birthday and for SOME reason the guy whose only accomplishment was not dying in the last year gets to pick the evening's events. So while I'm crossing my fingers that we'll be getting drunk and watching it on b2, I have a feeling BYOB strip club may be where we are at 7:07.
    And this is why I like having the sports package and dual tvs. (and having all UND home games on tv).
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      And this is why I like having the sports package and dual tvs. (and having all UND home games on tv).
      Well we don't have too many options here in Iowa, but luckily I should have a much better deal in less than a month
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        Well we don't have too many options here in Iowa, but luckily I should have a much better deal in less than a month
        Good to hear, good to hear. And yes, I am familiar with options in IA. No bueno for the hockey down there.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
          You want me to gush about your team, Tipsy? Okay I think they have a very talented freshman class with a couple of top-end players who have really emerged this year and last. I think Faragher has shown that he has the potential to be a solid choice in net especially when he's on his game. As the way things are right now, if Saint Cloud can be more consistent then I think they should sweep Bemidji and Tech.

Do you want me to reason why I think that SCSU won't win more than 2 points this weekend? It's got nothing to do with any bias. I've watched St. Cloud play a lot this year and I've seen a number of UND games (went to the Saturday game at Mooch) and was at both SCSU-UND games this year. UND is the hotter of the two teams in my opinion even though both teams have comparable records since the break. Both teams have shown great potential when on their game, but have struggled with inconsistency. I believe that SCSU is less consistent though. If it was at the NHEC I would say split, but with it is being at the Ralph I give the nod to UND. I also think that since UND is down two points they'll also fight that much harder. Could I be wrong? Definitely. It's an opinion, don't jump down my throat because of it.

I hate UND too, it's nothing personal in this case. I enjoy getting SCSUEuro and Tipsy worked up because I think they're the kind of people who instigate things and then slink back and act defensively once they get a reaction. Not to mention this board is anything but serious. So stop taking it so seriously. If you can't take a ribbing without getting ****ed, take a break and get your breath. The posts that you claim are trolling are simply a misunderstanding in your head because its not conducive to what you believe. I'll just post my own opinions about your team in the Gophers' thread? It's okay though if I predict a sweep for the Huskies though right?

I hope SCSU has success this year, because I think they're a good team and I find it more fun when my SCSU friends are engaged in college hockey talk if their team is in it. Do I hope they do better than the Gophers? Hell no. But I'd rather see State make it far in the tournament than a UND, BC or Notre Dame powerhouse school.

"If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Game day! SCSU coming off a strong weekend sweeping DU, and UND coming off of a 1 point weekend. I'm going to call for a split.
            Last edited by Stick-Puck; 01-25-2013, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick-Puck View Post
              Game day! SCSU coming off a strong weekend sweeping DU, and UND coming off of a 1 point weekend. I'm going to call for a split.
              As much as I'd prefer a sweep by St. Cloud, I agree with your prediction.

IIRC, the teams are fighting for the Challenge Cup this weekend.

Go Husckeys!

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                IIRC, the teams are fighting for the Challenge Cup this weekend.
                What?
                St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I shudder to think what the score of the game would've been if SCSU was playing at its' best. What an absolute embarrassment.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

St. Cloud wins its 12th conference game and stands alone at the top of the WCHA.

I like it!
                    Last edited by Husckey Domi Nation; 01-25-2013, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                      I shudder to think what the score of the game would've been if SCSU was playing at its' best. What an absolute embarrassment.
                      Pathetic effort from UND. Waited until the last 5 minutes to finally start playing hockey.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                        St. Cloud wins its 12 conference game and stands alone at the top of the WCHA.

I like it!
                        I hadn't seen SCSU play since their opening series against New Hampshire, and WOW...that was extremely impressive. Does your defense always play like that??? Again...WOW!!!

Comment

So we're a week short of February and we're in 1st place. Is that the latest we've ever been in 1st?
                          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Impressive performance by SCSU. Had the game on in the background, and from what I saw, wow.

Comment

I love Grand Forks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                                So we're a week short of February and we're in 1st place. Is that the latest we've ever been in 1st?
                                Yes
                                scsuhockey.com
                                CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Working...
                                X