Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Lucia Apologist

Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Losing this series is a college hockey travesty.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Losing this series is a college hockey travesty.
    So much this.

I hate the Whioux so much. The WI rivalry pales in comparison for me.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

The one you hate to love

Nothing compares to the Gopher Sioux rivalry - Friday night will be a tight one, but Sat the Gophers hang a 6 spot on the board 4-3 and 6-2 for the Gophers Sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    So much this.

The reason that this whole at least four years off thing is such a **** shame. This is the best rivalry in the sport. (Western bias)

Gurtholfin

Hoping for this at about 7:20pm cst on Friday...

*******https://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/GiftFromHeaven.jpg********
    Last edited by Gurtholfin; 01-14-2013 at 08:38 AM.

Are you guys telling me that you don't think UND and UMn will play regularly in the ooc part of the season?!

Serious, we're only going to have 5 other teams in our conf. Thats only 20 games if we play each team 4 times. The average season is what? 35-40 games about, right? You telling me that we aren't going to scedule at least one weekend serious with UND?!

Btw, reading through the thread tonight, after consuming a little vodka, I was laughing my friggin arse off. Hilarious ****!!! Man, what a week, Michigan in BB, UND in hockey. life is good if you are a Gopher fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Back2BackU-MnPride2002 View Post
    Are you guys telling me that you don't think UND and UMn will play regularly in the ooc part of the season?!

Serious, we're only going to have 5 other teams in our conf. Thats only 20 games if we play each team 4 times. The average season is what? 35-40 games about, right? You telling me that we aren't going to scedule at least one weekend serious with UND?!

Btw, reading through the thread tonight, after consuming a little vodka, I was laughing my friggin arse off. Hilarious ****!!! Man, what a week, Michigan in BB, UND in hockey. life is good if you are a Gopher fan.
    I bet you two gazillion smack-a-roos that the gophers are too scared to schedule UND in at least 4 years!!!! What say you my vodka chugging gopher friend??!?!!? I know it sounds crazy... I mean would Lucia and minnesota's athletic department really destroy the greatest rivalry in college hockey??!? NO WAY!!!

BTW, take my bet please.

Shine on You Crazy Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by willythekid View Post
    I bet you two gazillion smack-a-roos that the gophers are too scared to schedule UND in at least 4 years!!!! What say you my vodka chugging gopher friend??!?!!? I know it sounds crazy... I mean would Lucia and minnesota's athletic department really destroy the greatest rivalry in college hockey??!? NO WAY!!!

BTW, take my bet please.
    Haha, with a 144-129-14 overall record against the sue the Gophers aren't scared.

Just another team (of many) that we have more wins than losses against.

Quote Originally Posted by willythekid View Post
    I know it sounds crazy... I mean would Lucia and minnesota's athletic department really destroy the greatest rivalry in college hockey??!?
    Lucia and/or the MN athletic department aren't going to destroy this rivalry. That was already fait accompli once the larger forces that be reorganized the conference structures.

People need to disabuse themselves of this comical notion that MN's decision to not schedule UND for ooc games for a few years is going to "destroy the rivalry." Even if the teams continued to play a couple of times a year, the rivalry would still go by the wayside. It has to. They aren't in the same conference anymore, and as a consequence, the games don't mean anything beyond the normal pwr implications that all ooc games hold.

It has been a great rivalry because it holds all the necessary ingredients for one. A couple of great programs. Very close proximity, geographically. The games usually mean something. Even when one team is down, the other team is usually fighting for something and playing the spoiler is always fun. You have multiple meetings each year, in different locations, so the animosity can grow.

Once the conference affiliation is gone, a very important aspect of that relationship is gone with it. What we'd be left with are a couple of good games each year. But you wouldn't see anywhere near the same intensity, at least after a couple of seasons.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Dammit, Gorilla!!
    Hometown: Plymouth, MN Currently: Champlin, M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A

Quote Originally Posted by siouxinminny View Post
    Ha!

The Gophers are the cheapest, dirtiest, whiniest team ever to lace up skates. And it comes from their coach who never, ever corrects it. It's a culture thing.
    LOL!

That is quite the hypocritical comment considering the **** your "Hack" of a coach condones....
    "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Smile Re: North Dakota at Minnesota 1/18-1/19 - Just Ring The F*ing Bell You Pansy

Quote Originally Posted by gopher wes View Post
    LOL!

That is quite the hypocritical comment considering the **** your "Hack" of a coach condones....
    This is pure foolishness. Blood obviously thought Rau was about to be hit by a pop bottle that had been launched from the stands and did what any logical person would, tackled him. What kind of coach wouldn't condone his players attempting to protect their fellow athletes?
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Legend in everybodys mind
    Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Lucia and/or the MN athletic department aren't going to destroy this rivalry. That was already fait accompli once the larger forces that be reorganized the conference structures.

People need to disabuse themselves of this comical notion that MN's decision to not schedule UND for ooc games for a few years is going to "destroy the rivalry." Even if the teams continued to play a couple of times a year, the rivalry would still go by the wayside. It has to. They aren't in the same conference anymore, and as a consequence, the games don't mean anything beyond the normal pwr implications that all ooc games hold.

It has been a great rivalry because it holds all the necessary ingredients for one. A couple of great programs. Very close proximity, geographically. The games usually mean something. Even when one team is down, the other team is usually fighting for something and playing the spoiler is always fun. You have multiple meetings each year, in different locations, so the animosity can grow.

Once the conference affiliation is gone, a very important aspect of that relationship is gone with it. What we'd be left with are a couple of good games each year. But you wouldn't see anywhere near the same intensity, at least after a couple of seasons.
    Well said. This rivalry will be what Michigan is today a nice comfortable rivalry but no where like it is today. Look for Michigan to replace und within four years. When I was growing up the Ichigan games were up there with the BADgers and what was then called Sioux.

Lucia Apologist

******** width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7KtAgAMzaeg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

One of my top five shows of all time.

Shine on You Crazy Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by 4four4 View Post
    One of my top five shows of all time.
    Hell yeah

Norm!

The one you hate to love

What was the name of the other bar they had an on going feud/rivalry with?
    - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
    Go you Green and White
    Go Bemidji Beavers
    Fight with all your might!
    Rah! Rah! Rah!
    We are here to cheer you
    We are out to win your fame,
    So, Go Bemidji Beavers
    Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
    What was the name of the other bar they had an on going feud/rivalry with?
    Gary was the owner . Igh

The one you hate to love

Quote Originally Posted by 4four4 View Post
    Gary was the owner . Igh
    That is right Gary's Old Town Tavern. God I miss that show.
    - Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. -

Go Bemidji Beavers
    Go you Green and White
    Go Bemidji Beavers
    Fight with all your might!
    Rah! Rah! Rah!
    We are here to cheer you
    We are out to win your fame,
    So, Go Bemidji Beavers
    Fight to win this game.-Fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    So much this.

If you hate the Sioux so much, why do you like us Sioux fans so much?

Quote Originally Posted by GopherBigGuy911 View Post
    That is right Gary's Old Town Tavern. God I miss that show.
    Did they ever beat them in their "own" game? I don't think so.

Thread Information