Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCSU vs. Bye Jan. 11 & 12

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    Why can't it be disputed? I think you under estimate how many locals and alumni did like Dahl. He has great people skills and has a way of sliding into a crowd and fitting right in like politicians do. That is probably why he has done so well in business. One could also easily argue the best players Dahl had were better than the best players Motzko has brought in. In the end that is what got Dahl pushed out. His top teams were more talented and full of higher end guys but he couldn't even win a NCAA game.

Motzko has had some good players as well, but has won basically at the same pace that Dahl did his last 10 years and if it wasn't good enough for Dahl why is it for Motzko? I say that knowing his 10 years are not done and this team could start to win again like they should and make a run in the NCAA's or do well in another year. In my opinion it is good to keep a coach on his toes and not get to comfortable and winning should be top priority. In the end if his record is the basically the same as Dahl's after 10 years with no frozen four's or conference title's that shouldn't be good enough. With the huge decline in attendence I have a feeling if they don't win more than they have up to this point the new AD will be looking for some who can win. Hopefully he wins and we don't have to worry about that.
    IMO Dahl's teams quit on him more often than not after he won the Broadmoor, I don't think Motzko teams quit on him.
    Again, Weems may want to change coaches, but can she afford to do so with someone who is a "proven" winner?
    This school does not have the money to shell out for a big time coach, not with how little donations they get from alumni.
    Dahl was also given 19 years here, not saying that Motzko will deserve that if he doesn't win, but it is something to look at.

And Timothy, I was completely serious, 6 guys are donating their hair to Locks of Love (Dowd, Hanowski, Morley, Daly, Jensen, Thorson)
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
      IMO Dahl's teams quit on him more often than not after he won the Broadmoor, I don't think Motzko teams quit on him.
      Again, Weems may want to change coaches, but can she afford to do so with someone who is a "proven" winner?
      This school does not have the money to shell out for a big time coach, not with how little donations they get from alumni.
      Dahl was also given 19 years here, not saying that Motzko will deserve that if he doesn't win, but it is something to look at.

And Timothy, I was completely serious, 6 guys are donating their hair to Locks of Love (Dowd, Hanowski, Morley, Daly, Jensen, Thorson)
      If he wins she won't want to get rid of him. I agree he runs a classy program, but people want a winner. Let's hope he wins so she won't have to make a decision to get rid of him.
      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        If you are serious, good for them.
        They are doing that. Motzko has said he does not like of their long hair, but supports them on such a worthy cause.
        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Again, not me, but I guess you're never going to understand that.

And sorry, but if BullS*** is such a bad word, (and the call he was yelling about was bulls***) people probably shouldn't be taking kids to games if that is so threatening.
          He also told the guy to sit down and he decided to go get security, boo-hoo.
          I've definitely heard worse at that arena, never seen security gotten because of it.
          Not surprised that you take what others have said about it and treat that as the truth without seeing any of it yourself.

And yes, the program is better, the wins and losses may not be, but the program is better with Motzko than with Dahl, and that really can't be disputed.
          The quality of players has increased from Dahl's last few years, (there is no way IMO that Dahl gets Lasch, Roe, Jensen, Prochno here and I would doubt he'd get Hanowski, Festler or LeBlanc either) the guys like their coach which could not be said about Dahl and these guys fight for each other.
          Are they playing well right now?
          No, but they are still in the top 3 in the league and have some teams coming up they know they can beat.
          It's a lull in the season, but nothing to freak out over as some are.
          Sorry but, if you are who you say you are then weren't there either. So you would also be taking what others say as the truth as well. Just saying. Don't know that security needed to get involved but hey that's what that fan choose to do.

On another note, Dahl had some pretty dang good players come through as well. I like Motzko as our coach better than I did Dahl but don't think we can forget about some of the awesome kids Dahl got when he was here.

Comment

Originally posted by Duder View Post
            Sorry but, if you are who you say you are then weren't there either. So you would also be taking what others say as the truth as well. Just saying. Don't know that security needed to get involved but hey that's what that fan choose to do.

On another note, Dahl had some pretty dang good players come through as well. I like Motzko as our coach better than I did Dahl but don't think we can forget about some of the awesome kids Dahl got when he was here.
            I was there and I did see it and hear it, so yeah.

And I'm not saying he didn't get good players, I'm saying that I don't think a lot of the guys Motzko has been able to get, Dahl wouldn't have IMO.
            Partially that is because if Dahl is here, I don't think Gibby is and Gibby has been our chief recruiter.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I was there and I did see it and hear it, so yeah.

And I'm not saying he didn't get good players, I'm saying that I don't think a lot of the guys Motzko has been able to get, Dahl wouldn't have IMO.
              Partially that is because if Dahl is here, I don't think Gibby is and Gibby has been our chief recruiter.
              Odd I was sitting right behind it when it happened, agree to disagree I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                Please enlighten me by breaking down my squad for me and set me straight. Don't just say that and back it up with nothing. I am a open minded person and am more than willing to listen.
                Since YOU are making the outrageous claim that differs from what all the other college hockey viewers think, how about if you break it down and show us all. Show us why the pre-season rankings were so far wrong when they had teams like BC, North Dakota, Notre Dame, etc. well ahead of you. Show us why the NFL scouts and GMs were wrong when they drafted the players form other teams more than yours. Show us why the Jan players did not populate the National teams like the players from the highly rated teams did.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                  Since YOU are making the outrageous claim that differs from what all the other college hockey viewers think, how about if you break it down and show us all. Show us why the pre-season rankings were so far wrong when they had teams like BC, North Dakota, Notre Dame, etc. well ahead of you. Show us why the NFL scouts and GMs were wrong when they drafted the players form other teams more than yours. Show us why the Jan players did not populate the National teams like the players from the highly rated teams did.
                  You came into our thread and started trolling, so Tommy asked if you could talk intelligently about our team. You can't. So be happy the Gophers don't suck this year and leave content knowing you think we can't compete with you guys if you aren't gonna actually talk about SCSU
                  tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                    You came into our thread and started trolling, so Tommy asked if you could talk intelligently about our team. You can't. So be happy the Gophers don't suck this year and leave content knowing you think we can't compete with you guys if you aren't gonna actually talk about SCSU
                    No. Tommy made an outrageous statement and I called him on it. He wanted me to disprove his outrageous statement and I told him he should prove it instead.

Comment

If you don't think there is talent on this team that can compete, you are crazy.
                      Not all top players are drafted or make junior teams and not all players that do those things end up being great players.
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

If you don't think there is talent on this team that can compete, you are crazy.
                        Not all top players are drafted or make junior teams and not all players that do those things end up being great players.
                        I never said that, in fact I said that they do have talent.. tommyboy said "this team has as much talent as anyone" I said no. BC, North Dakota, and Notre Dame have more. I think even the 6th place Gophers have more talent.

Comment

No. Tommy made an outrageous statement and I called him on it. He wanted me to disprove his outrageous statement and I told him he should prove it instead.
                          That's not how it works. If I say something, you can't say "you're dumb, prove you're right." If your opinion differs, state your facts and then I would try to refute them. See...that's how it works in a courtroom.

Judge: You were caught doing 80 mph in a 55.
                          goldy: NUH UH! PROVE IT!
                          Judge: ...
                          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            That's not how it works. If I say something, you can't say "you're dumb, prove you're right." If your opinion differs, state your facts and then I would try to refute them. See...that's how it works in a courtroom.

Judge: You were caught doing 80 mph in a 55.
                            goldy: NUH UH! PROVE IT!
                            Judge: ...
                            The court of USCHO?

Comment

I never said that, in fact I said that they do have talent.. tommyboy said "this team has as much talent as anyone" I said no. BC, North Dakota, and Notre Dame have more. I think even the 6th place Gophers have more talent.
                              Maybe you do have more pure "talent" than we do...maybe.
                              But if we come to play, I have no doubts we could take any of the teams you mention down, even if you bring your best game too.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Maybe you do have more pure "talent" than we do...maybe.
                                But if we come to play, I have no doubts we could take any of the teams you mention down, even if you bring your best game too.
                                The problem seems to be the "come to play" part recently

Comment

Working...
                                X