Back again this week, post your top 10 teams in the country by Tuesday, November 20th by Noon (Eastern), and they will be counted towards the CHW Power Rankings. This is a unique opportunity that we as hockey fans have to voice our opinions on who should be considered the top 10 in the country.
My Top 10:
1. Boston College - Despite a rough start, the Eagles persevered and got the win...a sign of a great team.
2. Denver - The Pioneers keep surprising me, and if not for an equally great start by BC, they would be the #1 team in the country.
3. New Hampshire - The Wildcats got great goaltending this weekend en route to two victories
4. Notre Dame - The Irish went into Ann Arbor and got the sweep...not an easy task
5. Western Michigan - A 6-1 drubbing up in Alaska was disappointing, but the Broncos responded with a 3-2 victory on Saturday.
6. North Dakota - UND stumbled at times, but did enough to take 3 points from a very pesky Duluth squad.
7. St. Cloud State - The Huskies were off this weekend, but move up thanks to Cornell's struggles
8. Miami - The RedHawks will need to improve offensively if they want to be a contender this season, but they did what they needed to do to take 5 of 6 points this weekend.
9. Minnesota - The Gophers struggled at times on the powerplay, but seemed to improve even strength against a strong defensive-minded Badger squad.
10. Union - The Dutchmen didn't play this weekend, but thanks to a few other teams not having stellar weekends, they make my top 10.