Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 126

Thread: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

  1. #1
    Shine on You Crazy Diamond
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    2,636

    Smile Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

    Minnesota hosts the US under-18 team (and future Gopher Hudson Fasching) Friday night at Mariucci at 7PM, followed by Canisius for one game Sunday at 1PM. The Canisius game will be on FSN and the US under18 game will not.

    What is a Canisius?
    Do they have any fans?
    Will Fasching defect and stay with the Gophers for the rest of the year?


    Go

  2. #2
    Gopher Hockey Driftryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    6,708

    Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

    Looking forward to watching Hudson Fasching play against his future team, hopefully we take it easy on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavalryNate View Post
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.

  3. #3
    Registered User HarleyMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    Minnesota hosts the US under-18 team (and future Gopher Hudson Fasching) Friday night at Mariucci at 7PM, followed by Canisius for one game Sunday at 1PM. The Canisius game will be on FSN and the US under18 game will not.

    What is a Canisius?
    Do they have any fans?
    Will Fasching defect and stay with the Gophers for the rest of the year?


    Go
    If you signed up for Gopher All Access, you get to watch the US under 18 brats with no commentary. Canisius College is a private Roman Catholic college in Buffalo, New York. The college was founded in 1870 by members of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) from Germany and is named after St. Peter Canisius.

    They have one fan...God...so watch your mouth San.

  4. #4
    Shine on You Crazy Diamond
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    2,636

    Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

    Quote Originally Posted by HarleyMC View Post
    If you signed up for Gopher All Access, you get to watch the US under 18 brats with no commentary. Canisius College is a private Roman Catholic college in Buffalo, New York. The college was founded in 1870 by members of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) from Germany and is named after St. Peter Canisius.

    They have one fan...God...so watch your mouth San.
    Good call Harley, I do have that for the rest of the month.

    Canisius - I bet their hail mary is different than mine which starts out "hail mary full of grace come sit upon my face".
    Last edited by SanTropez; 10-23-2012 at 09:36 AM.

  5. #5
    Registered User HarleyMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    Good call Harley, I do have that for the rest of the month.
    Just bring your binoculars to the computer and you're golden dude...remember the small screen crap? You need a steady kryptonite diet to read the numbers.
    Last edited by HarleyMC; 10-23-2012 at 09:55 AM.

  6. #6
    Gopher Hockey Driftryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    6,708

    Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

    “@Russostrib: Vinni Lettieri, who has played 6 gms for USHL Lincoln, is an injury replacement for US Under-18 tm & will play #gophers & St. Thomas Fri/Sat”
    Looks like we get to see both Fasching and Lettieri play against the Gophers, looking forward to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavalryNate View Post
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,209

    Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

    Quote Originally Posted by Driftryder View Post
    Looks like we get to see both Fasching and Lettieri play against the Gophers, looking forward to it.
    They've both got to be pretty excited, as well as a little nervous. No doubt each will be going 120% to make a good impression on their future teammates and coaches.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  8. #8
    Registered User HarleyMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

    Quote Originally Posted by Driftryder View Post
    Looks like we get to see both Fasching and Lettieri play against the Gophers, looking forward to it.
    I am too! The US Under-18 showed they play against D1 teams a couple weeks ago in 6-4 loss to UND. They had a bad first period and gave up three goals; and then played two very solid periods of hockey. Hudson Fasching had a goal and two assists in that game. He's quite a hockey player:

    "He's as intelligent a player as you'll ever see," said Apple Valley hockey coach Jerry Hayes of Fasching, who led the team with 36 points in the regular season last year. "It's a rink rat's mind in a skilled player. Attach that to the physical attributes and it's really something amazing."
    If you haven't read Hudson's story it's well worth the read. Not only is Hudson another golden recruit for the Golden Gophers, but he's a kid with a heart of gold from an amazing family. Article on Hudson Fasching.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    3,412

    Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

    MN Hockey Magazine (@mnhockeymag) #Gophers coach Don Lucia says Brady Skjei, Kyle Rau, and Mark Alt will be held out of Friday's exhibition with minor nagging injuries.

    MN Hockey Magazine (@mnhockeymag) Lucia said Skjei also won't play against Canisius on Sunday but should be ready to practice next week. #Gophers

  10. #10
    Gopher Hockey Driftryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    6,708

    Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

    It's nice to have depth this year, this will give a few others a chance to play this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavalryNate View Post
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.

  11. #11
    southpaw
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,680

    Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

    Good idea scheduling a bye weekend after the gophers overachieved and won a game against Tech.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    3,412
    Quote Originally Posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
    Good idea scheduling a bye weekend after the gophers overachieved and won a game against Tech.
    Clever

  13. #13
    He fixes the cable?
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    23,057

    Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

    Hey a Sioux fan! They can give us more info on Canisius. They've played them a lot.

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Monks, Iowa
    Posts
    6,957
    Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Hey a Sioux fan! They can give us more info on Canisius. They've played them a lot.
    What's a Sioux?

  15. #15
    Shine on You Crazy Diamond
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    2,636

    Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

    Quote Originally Posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    What's a Sioux?
    *******https://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/12046330/2/stock-photo-12046330-happy-hillbilly-woman.jpg********

  16. #16
    Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    30,560

    Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

    Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Hey a Sioux fan! They can give us more info on Canisius. They've played them a lot.
    Beware the Wookie....

    Matt Frattin for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

    Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

    Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

    Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    233

    Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

    bjugstad should do whatever he wants out there on the ice with 17 year olds.

    wonder who is going to play first line left wing with rau out. id guess they dont care to split the lines up given that it's an exhibition game.. maybe just slide in michaelson or horn or something..

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,209

    Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

    Quote Originally Posted by jerryj View Post
    wonder who is going to play first line left wing with rau out. id guess they dont care to split the lines up given that it's an exhibition game.. maybe just slide in michaelson or horn or something..
    Won't much matter, the result will be the same. But it will be a good opportunity for the coaches to take a real good look at a half-dozen players who will want to prove that they belong on one of the top 3 units.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  19. #19
    I got nothing Slap Shot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Clark Freeport Zone, Philippines
    Posts
    31,626

    Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

    Quote Originally Posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
    Good idea scheduling a bye weekend after the gophers overachieved and won a game against Tech.
    So you're a nozzle on multiple fronts, uh? Good job.

  20. #20
    Registered User HarleyMC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: Minnesota hosts U-18 and Canisius 10/26-10/28

    Quote Originally Posted by Driftryder View Post
    It's nice to have depth this year, this will give a few others a chance to play this weekend.
    Good point and apparently the "others" will be carefully scrutinized by Lucia and co. to determine future ice time:

    How do you get ‘up’ for a weekend like this after playing their first road series and first conference series? “There’s still a lot to play for. We’re going to play some guys that haven’t played on Friday night for awhile. They’re going to get their opportunity, and it’s a big opportunity for them because if they don’t show well, they might not get in.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •