Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #15 Wisconsin vs NMU in Green Bay: On Paper, This is a Home Game....

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

#15 Wisconsin vs NMU in Green Bay: On Paper, This is a Home Game....

But I'm really curious as to what the actual turnout will be for both sides.... I'm sure more than a few people will be pro-Wisconsin....

Looking forward to opening the season against the Badgers again.... I'll be making the trip up north this weekend.... Not sure what to expect for Northern this season... We got several questions that need to be answered over the next few weeks here.... Mainly, where will our offense come from?

As for Wisconsin.... Well, I think I'm supposed to hate you for ruining NCAA Hockey or something,

All in all, should be a fun series...

Comment Away
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Drunkard

Re: #15 Wisconsin vs NMU in Green Bay: On Paper, This is a Home Game....

If it's any consolation, NCAA is trying to do a number on us. I guess that makes us even or something?
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Let's go RED!

I think UW will do just fine in this series. Sounds like NM's weakness is goal-scoring and UW's got excellent goaltending, so that's a leg up for UW. UW's d may be a little light on experience, but if NM is light on goal scoring, this will be a nice get your feet wet weekend for the D corp to gel a bit. I don't think UW will have any goal scoring issues, even with missing Mr. Kerdiles. Anything less than a sweep for UW would be disappointing.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Group of 12 with my family coming for Sat night. We had to get actual seats, was told the Beer Pen was sold out. Could be a pretty good crowd.

Cardinal and White Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Crainer View Post
    Group of 12 with my family coming for Sat night. We had to get actual seats, was told the Beer Pen was sold out. Could be a pretty good crowd.
    I heard saturday was near capacity. Since Tomahawk isn't on this board, he's having a roadkill tailgate in the Day's Inn parking lot on saturday before the game. Northern fans are welcome as well, unless you show up w/ anyone affliated with the NCAA. Both you and them will be beaten badly and stuffed in garbage cans. Just saying...
    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWisco View Post
    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
    I heard saturday was near capacity. Since Tomahawk isn't on this board, he's having a roadkill tailgate in the Day's Inn parking lot on saturday before the game. Northern fans are welcome as well, unless you show up w/ anyone affliated with the NCAA. Both you and them will be beaten badly and stuffed in garbage cans. Just saying...
    Yea, just getting up to speed on that whole deal with the NCAA... I'm sorry that you guys are victim to an asinine NCAA decision.... Got to assume that he was going to see some minutes during this series?

Also slightly tempted to take you up on the offer of a garbage can ride... That sounds like a larf

Bucky got no kiss, no chocolates and roses, no dinner and a movie from the NCAA. WHAM! Total BS!
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

No, but Kerdiles got dinner, which is the problem.

I think this series might actually be closer then people expect. Northern has about the same amount of goal scorers coming back as the Badgers. Vigier (13 g), Thurber (11), and Seckel (8). The badgers have Zengerle (13), Mersch (14) and Barnes (11). As for freshman that can put the puck in the net, I think Northern has the leg up now due to the recent events. Realistically if Northern can play very good defense, I can see a split for this series.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
    I think this series might actually be closer then people expect. Northern has about the same amount of goal scorers coming back as the Badgers. Vigier (13 g), Thurber (11), and Seckel (8). The badgers have Zengerle (13), Mersch (14) and Barnes (11). As for freshman that can put the puck in the net, I think Northern has the leg up now due to the recent events. Realistically if Northern can play very good defense, I can see a split for this series.
    Based on your info, I would agree. UW will also be missing another top end Fr F Friday for sure, and possibly Saturday. Mr. Zulinick is not being personally responsible off the ice in regards to class & meetings, so he's riding the pine Friday for sure.

No tv for this series, eh?

I heard saturday was near capacity.
    I dunno, online it looks like there's plenty available yet. The 4 "best" that it shows are 4 rows behind the bench. Hopefully it's a good crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by aktick View Post
    I dunno, online it looks like there's plenty available yet. The 4 "best" that it shows are 4 rows behind the bench. Hopefully it's a good crowd.
    Last time we did the series in GB, Saturday was near capacity and a good margin larger than Friday...

Anyways, here we are on gameday.... Looking forward to another season of Wildcat hockey.... This season is going to be different due to the impending shuffle of teams... I'm sure there will be quite a swing in emotions for us fans... Guess it's time to buckle up and enjoy the ride

See y'all in GB tonight

I will be at tonight's game cheering on the Wildcats! I know that Wisconsin is polled higher, but the season is barely started and I think, if Jared Coreau steps up big, the Cats could be very strong this season.

Good start to the season for the Cats! Solid goaltending and strong D kept it close for the Cats til they snuck a couple past the Badger goalie. Rumpel seemed to fight the puck tonite.

This is the way the Cats are going to have to win games this year. Tight D and solid goaltending with an occasional goal.

Eaves was awfully ****ed in his presser. Good thing I forgot my headphones so I can't transcribe it....

Let's go RED!

Go buy some, I want to knw what he said. I didn't hear any of the game buy the last 2 minutes on the way home from a FB game. I can't get much good objective info form UWBadgers.com, other than the 2nd goal was off a skate on the pp, so Rumpel must not have played too bad considering some reported he was fighting the puck. Not a good start to the season.

If you want to talk about the game as it's going on, you can join us tonight in the live chat.

LINK

man I tell ya, I hate to say it but this sounds like the same Wisconsin team as last year. 3-2 NMU and they were predicted to finish 9th in the CCHA. if UW is to finish in the top 5 this should have been a sweep, or at worst a split and you can chalk up 1 lost to early season jitters.

I was very hard on UW last year and cited a severe lack of talent as the problem. I'm really hoping these kids turn it around and prove me wrong.
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Blood Boiling with Rage and Hate Almington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solovsfett View Post
    man I tell ya, I hate to say it but this sounds like the same Wisconsin team as last year. 3-2 NMU and they were predicted to finish 9th in the CCHA. if UW is to finish in the top 5 this should have been a sweep, or at worst a split and you can chalk up 1 lost to early season jitters.

I was very hard on UW last year and cited a severe lack of talent as the problem. I'm really hoping these kids turn it around and prove me wrong.
    You're still wrong about talent being the problem. UW teams have lacked the killer instinct that is required to win for the last few seasons. The problem is emotional/mental, not a physical or talent issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Almington View Post
    You're still wrong about talent being the problem. UW teams have lacked the killer instinct that is required to win for the last few seasons. The problem is emotional/mental, not a physical or talent issue.
    I know we disagree on the talent issue so I won't debate you on that, no need to belabor the point. I'll just say I'm tired of these performances. They lost to the predicted 9th place finisher in the ccha which we've heretofore considered an inferior league top to bottom. It's exasperating and tiresome to listen to...again
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Thread Information