Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012-13 WCHA Thread:Breaking Up is Hard to Do

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post

And when did having the best shot equate to highest scoring percentage?
    Exactly.

What if the guy kept getting empty net goals, his scoring percentage would be off the charts. over-rated stat

Comment

When I see someone with a ridiculous shot percentage, I think "He should shoot more."
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        Fortunately the sun should not get too much in your eyes with those maroon and gold colored glasses that you have on, buddy.
        Nor past your anti-maroon and gold colored glasses, right? (and yes I am well aware that you were arguing in favor of a Badger not a ?ioux)
        Last edited by Slap Shot; 09-19-2012, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Nor past your anti-maroon and gold colored glasses, right? (and yes I am well aware that you were arguing in favor of a Badger not a ?ioux)
          I equally dislike Minnesota and Wisconsin.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I equally dislike Minnesota and Wisconsin.
            Bah.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Bah.
              Sorry if that bums you out. FWIW the only team I dislike more is DU.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Arnold's 2 months older than Bjugstad. Fact is, Arnold has a significantly better shot than Bjugstad, and so do dozens of others across the college hockey landscape, including a handful in the WCHA alone. Again, Bjugstad is a great player, but he doesn't even come close to having the best shot in his own league, let alone college hockey.
                Better shot? Define for me your criteria of a "better shot" please. Secondly, have seen Bjugstad's shot lately? Have you seen anyone's shot lately?

Comment

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/conten...and-tv-2012-13

Regional coverage again this year for the Beavers, at least for their home games! I love the fact that I can get the games in HD with just a simple $8 set of rabbit ears here in the Alexandria, MN area!

From the article:

"All games will be broadcast live locally in high definition on Lakeland’s Primary channel, Lakeland Prime, while the feed will be distributed regionally in standard definition on the Minnesota Channel—a collaborative effort of all Minnesota’s Public Television stations.

The agreement will continue to make BSU hockey live statewide over the air, on Dish Network, DirecTV and on virtually every cable system across Minnesota. In addition, the Minnesota Channel provides statewide coverage in North Dakota and portions of Wisconsin and South Dakota.

This partnership will allow BSU hockey to reach a potential audience of over 5.5 million people each broadcast."

2012-13 BSU Hockey Broadcast Schedule
                  Oct. 19 vs. Lake Superior State, 7:30 p.m.
                  Oct. 20 vs. Lake Superior State, 7 p.m.
                  Nov. 16 vs. Michigan Tech, 7:30 p.m.
                  Nov. 17 vs. Michigan Tech, 7 p.m.
                  Nov. 23 vs. Alaska-Anchorage, 7:30 p.m.
                  Nov. 24 vs. Alaska-Anchorage, 7 p.m.
                  Dec. 14 vs. Denver, 7:30 p.m.
                  Dec. 15 vs. Denver, 7 p.m.
                  Jan. 4 vs. Western Michigan, 7:30 p.m.
                  Jan. 5 vs. Western Michigan, 7 p.m.
                  Jan. 25 vs. Nebraska-Omaha, 7:30 p.m.
                  Jan. 26 vs. Nebraska-Omaha, 7 p.m.
                  Feb. 1 vs. St. Cloud State, 7:30 p.m.
                  Feb. 2 vs. St. Cloud State, 7 p.m.
                  Feb. 15 vs. Minnesota Duluth, 7:30 p.m.
                  Feb. 16 vs. Minnesota Duluth, 7 p.m.
                  March 8 vs. Minnesota, 7:30 p.m.
                  March 9 vs. Minnesota, 7 p.m.
                  Last edited by beaverhockeyfan; 09-20-2012, 08:36 AM.
                  Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                  FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                  NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                  NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                  NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                  NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                  Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                  Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post

Regional coverage again this year for the Beavers, at least for their home games! I love the fact that I can get the games in HD with just a simple $8 set of rabbit ears here in the Alexandria, MN area!

From the article:

"All games will be broadcast live locally in high definition on Lakeland’s Primary channel, Lakeland Prime, while the feed will be distributed regionally in standard definition on the Minnesota Channel—a collaborative effort of all Minnesota’s Public Television stations.

The agreement will continue to make BSU hockey live statewide over the air, on Dish Network, DirecTV and on virtually every cable system across Minnesota. In addition, the Minnesota Channel provides statewide coverage in North Dakota and portions of Wisconsin and South Dakota."
                    Awesome. I try to catch a few BSU games throughout the year since they're so convenient to watch, and the Gophers get annoying/sickening after a while.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      B Jugs > Zengerle

And when did having the best shot equate to highest scoring percentage?
                      I don't care which player is better. All I care is Minnesota has one of them. Be even better if they had both.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post

From the article:

The agreement will continue to make BSU hockey live statewide over the air, on Dish Network, DirecTV and on virtually every cable system across Minnesota. In addition, the Minnesota Channel provides statewide coverage in North Dakota and portions of Wisconsin and South Dakota.

This partnership will allow BSU hockey to reach a potential audience of over 5.5 million people each broadcast."

2012-13 BSU Hockey Broadcast Schedule
                        Oct. 19 vs. Lake Superior State, 7:30 p.m.
                        Oct. 20 vs. Lake Superior State, 7 p.m.
                        Nov. 16 vs. Michigan Tech, 7:30 p.m.
                        Nov. 17 vs. Michigan Tech, 7 p.m.
                        Nov. 23 vs. Alaska-Anchorage, 7:30 p.m.
                        Nov. 24 vs. Alaska-Anchorage, 7 p.m.
                        Dec. 14 vs. Denver, 7:30 p.m.
                        Dec. 15 vs. Denver, 7 p.m.
                        Jan. 4 vs. Western Michigan, 7:30 p.m.
                        Jan. 5 vs. Western Michigan, 7 p.m.
                        Jan. 25 vs. Nebraska-Omaha, 7:30 p.m.
                        Jan. 26 vs. Nebraska-Omaha, 7 p.m.
                        Feb. 1 vs. St. Cloud State, 7:30 p.m.
                        Feb. 2 vs. St. Cloud State, 7 p.m.
                        Feb. 15 vs. Minnesota Duluth, 7:30 p.m.
                        Feb. 16 vs. Minnesota Duluth, 7 p.m.
                        March 8 vs. Minnesota, 7:30 p.m.
                        March 9 vs. Minnesota, 7 p.m.
                        Cool. Thanks for posting!
                        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

The key will be if he can be paired with a true goal scorer. If he is, I think Zengerle wins the Hobey...he's that good.
                          This point, to me, makes Bjugstad better. Yes, Bjugs was on one of the top lines in college hockey last year so he obviously had a lot of help. However, there is no one else that can single-handily create their own opportunities like Bjugstad can, IMO.

p.s. Bjugstad does have a **** good shot whether you want to admit it or not.

p.p.s. I hate to contribute to this debate/argument because I'd rather let it play out and see how it goes, but I just found this point amusing. I can see both sides of this convo.
                          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                            Better shot? Define for me your criteria of a "better shot" please.
                            I really think that's a good question. I don't think of players like Bjugstand, or Zengerle for that matter, as having great shots. Now, Brett Hull when he played for UMD, he had a great shot. Dany Heatley, a great shot. They'd cross the blueline, wind up and fire and it was in the net before the goalie heard a sound.

You don't see too many of those guys around. In recent years I think you could say Matt Frattin, for one season, displayed one of the better shots we've seen, and Jason Zucker could just snipe it by you from anywhere.

I think of Bjugstad as a player similar to Grant Potulny, but stronger and with better skating. He maybe isn't regularily sniping it as he crosses the blueline, but if you hit him with a pass across the crease, he doesn't shoot it wide or over the net from 12 feet away like a lot of players do. He just sticks it in the back of the net.

I just don't think we see that many "great shots" in college hockey. I don't know if it has to do with better puck blocking skills or what. But that doesn't mean we don't see terrific hockey players like Bjugstad and Zengerle.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              I don't care which player is better. All I care is Minnesota has one of them. Be even better if they had both.
                              I'd take B-Juggs any day on the Badgers. Great player. Wish he had left early.

Comment

I think those two are really different players with obviously different skill sets. Every hockey team ever in the history of hockey would love and have a need for both of them.

From my perspective, I see Zengerle as a Patrick Kane type who creates a lot of opportunities for his teammates through his niftyness. Yeah, I said "niftyness."

Juggs is a skilled power forward who can create his own opportunities.

I'd take them both.

Comment

Working...
                                X