Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Mariucci Classic

Matchups set for this year's Mariucci Classic

It looks like officials were fearful that BC would get upset by UAH, so all matchups have been determined ahead of time to ensure a BC vs UMN matchup.

What a classy move by the Gophers in rewarding BC for their championship last year by ensuring BC a matchup against the top team in college hockey this year.

Re: 2012 Mariucci Classic

This needed its own thread?

You give Gopher fans a bad name.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Are you suggesting BC shouldn't be rewarded for their fantastic season last year?

Comment

This should be a good tournament this year. Both Boston College and Minnesota have 1 Mariucci Classic Tournament Title apiece over the past 5 years...of course BC has only played in it once. Air Force was also in the 2008 Mariucci Classic with BC, falling to the Eagles and drawing with Minnesota. RIT was the 4th team that year, losing 6-0 to BC in the title game after beating the Gophers 4-3 the night before. Fortunately for Minnesota, they won't have to worry about winning a pesky game to play BC this season, as they have pre-determined the matchups.

Interesting fact, over the past 5 years Minnesota is 4-4-2 (.500) in its own tournament, with victories over Niagara, Northeastern, Bowling Green, and Brown. The Gophers have also dropped contests to RIT, Northern Michigan, Union, and Northeastern.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          This needed its own thread?

You give Gopher fans a bad name.
          I believe he gives Gopher fans a worse name.

At least he's dropped any pretense of "just wanting to talk hockey" and has gone to full-time, straight up troll mode. No one has to waste time arguing over his motives any more.
          Last edited by Gurtholfin; 07-30-2012, 01:17 PM.

Comment

lol, it's more like the gophers fear the Chargers

Comment

Exactly. Minnesota certainly struggled for the most part of the last 5 years, and not just in the Classic. They weren't playing on the same level as BC for sure.

But that was then, and this is now. BC will be a weak team this year, and it isn't unreasonable to fear that they will be upset by UAH. The Gophers, on the other hand, will be the class of college hockey.

I think it is thoughtful of Minnesota to ensure them a game against the Gophers both as a reward for their championship last season, and for coming out to Minnesota for the classic.

Then again, just having the privilidge of playing a game in the state of hockey, and in the Mecca of college hockey no less, should be reward enough
              Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 07-30-2012, 01:24 PM.

Comment

You seriously started a new thread for this?! I make myself look stupid enough on my own. Being grouped with a Gopher fan like you makes the rest of us look down right ********(please don't be offended, but in DUBBS' case it is pretty much the best possible word) though.
                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  This should be a good tournament this year. Both Boston College and Minnesota have 1 Mariucci Classic Tournament Title apiece over the past 5 years...of course BC has only played in it once. Air Force was also in the 2008 Mariucci Classic with BC, falling to the Eagles and drawing with Minnesota. RIT was the 4th team that year, losing 6-0 to BC in the title game after beating the Gophers 4-3 the night before. Fortunately for Minnesota, they won't have to worry about winning a pesky game to play BC this season, as they have pre-determined the matchups.

Interesting fact, over the past 5 years Minnesota is 4-4-2 (.500) in its own tournament, with victories over Niagara, Northeastern, Bowling Green, and Brown. The Gophers have also dropped contests to RIT, Northern Michigan, Union, and Northeastern.
                  How dare you attempt to give a bit of crediblity to this thread!

Comment

People were requesting that I start new threads instead of posting this information in the Minnesota offseason thread. Are people now saying they'd prefer I post this in that thread?

Need to make up your minds people

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                      People were requesting that I start new threads instead of posting this information in the Minnesota offseason thread. Are people now saying they'd prefer I post this in that thread?

Need to make up your minds people
                      I think people would just rather you not post at all.
                      North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        I think people would just rather you not post at all.
                        And I'd prefer you not, but we don't always get what we want

Comment

And I'd prefer you not, but we don't always get what we want
                          So true. Soooooooo true.
                          North Dakota

Comment

What a classy move by the Gophers in rewarding BC for their championship last year by ensuring BC a matchup against the top team in college hockey this year.
                            Ylae isn't playing in the Mariucci Classic.
                            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

When UMTC loses to Air Force they still can play BC. Shrewd move.
                              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                              X