No announcement yet.

>> RIT Tigers Offseason 2012: Reloading and working on the 'Polisseum' <<

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: >> RIT Tigers Offseason 2012: Reloading and working on the 'Polisseum' <<

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
    Random question for anyone who has used the America One streaming service before. Do you know if it's possible to be logged onto the same account in more than one location? I'm sure it's against their terms of service, but I was considering going in on a season pass with some people.
    Given that they can barely get a stream to work, I doubt they have this kind of advanced authentication.
    RIT

Comment

Yeah... I wasn't satisfied with the services I got considering I dished out $120 last year for the season (plus additional per BCA playoff game). I figure going in on it with some friends would justify it a bit more.
      RIT Tigers

Comment

Well don't think they employee anyone on the message board so you should be safe unless on of the radio guys turn you in. Since we have a little more time to dream before the season starts, how about RIT taking that nice TV Van on the road and broadcasting the away games. I just dontated some more money dammit!
        Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

Thomas M. Naeger
        The Mule
        Rochester Institute of Technology '03

"Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Other schools like RPI actually stream their home broadcasts as well... for free. I feel like that should'nt be too much to ask for.
          RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Naeger View Post
            ... so you should be safe unless on of the radio guys turn you in. ...
            I'm not going to turn anyone in. I agree about the poor quality of the product. Some of the people have not been particularly pleasant to work with. And the radio station gets no cut of the fees despite providing the audio. I was disappointed the league re-upped with them and I know others share that view.

DISCLAIMER: These opinions do not necessarily represent those of RIT, WITR Radio, or its underwriters. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited by law.

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
              Other schools like RPI actually stream their home broadcasts as well... for free. I feel like that should'nt be too much to ask for.
              Isn't that what RIT does on campus for all road games?

Thomas M. Naeger
              The Mule

"If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Trefzger View Post
                DISCLAIMER: These opinions do not necessarily represent those of RIT, WITR Radio, or its underwriters. Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited by law.
                Ed, that disclaimer should be in your signature... But should add to file a complaint please write to Chris Lerch -insert Chris's home address here-...
                Last edited by Tom Naeger; 09-21-2012, 04:35 PM.

Thomas M. Naeger
                The Mule

Comment

Yeah I'm in Arizona... I'm talking about a free (or cheap) stream on RIT's website.
                  RIT Tigers

Comment

Surprised nobody has commented about the captains this year. I was a little surprised Garbowsky got named since he will be a sophomore.
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                      Surprised nobody has commented about the captains this year. I was a little surprised Garbowsky got named since he will be a sophomore.
                      Gotta go a page or two back for that discussion!
                      RIT

Comment

I tried to start a discussion, but no one seemed to care... Like I said originally, I think the Garbo pick is a good one. He definitely had the captain sort of presence on the ice in my mind last year. It's deserved.
                        2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                        2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2010 Frozen Four/National Semi-Finalists!
                        2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                        2011 (Dec) Catamount Cup Champions!

Comment

I think I saw somewhere (maybe even here) its a "A" not a "C" for Garbowsky which would make a little more sense
                          RIT Tigers
                          Atlantic Hockey Regular Season Champions: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
                          Atlantic Hockey Tournament Champions: 2010, 2015, 2016
                          Frozen Four Appearances: 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cplinford View Post
                            I think I saw somewhere (maybe even here) its a "A" not a "C" for Garbowsky which would make a little more sense
                            That's right:
                            C-Saracino
                            A-Garbowsky
                            A-Hartley
                            RIT Tigers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln145QKj2pE - A video I shot of Ricky Walton's penalty shot vs. Canisius 11/2/07. It ended up being the game winner.

2013-14 AHA Pick 'Em Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by redhotzep96 View Post
                              I tried to start a discussion, but no one seemed to care... Like I said originally, I think the Garbo pick is a good one. He definitely had the captain sort of presence on the ice in my mind last year. It's deserved.
                              Indeed. I think people questioning the decision because of his age are missing the point. A leader is a leader, it doesn't matter how old he is or what his class level is. The guy played hard every single shift last year, and truly set a standard for the rest of the team on the ice. Even if he isn't a vocal guy in the locker room, he's clearly a strong leader on the ice.
                              RIT

Comment

Hartley kind of surprised me, a lot of folks close to the team say what a nice kid he is so I guess I can understand. I guess I just want to still see him run over two guys infront of the bet and slam a puck home. Leave it to me to try and turn a captain into a beast

Thomas M. Naeger
                                The Mule

Comment

Working...
                                X