Tennis...Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tennis...Anyone?

As good as Federer Roddick from a few years back? Still in my mind the best tennis match of the last 20-30 years. First thing I thought of when I heard five hours.

I’m not a big Nadal fan, so after Roger drops I honestly lost a lot of interest. Didn’t end up seeing this match.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      As good as Federer Roddick from a few years back? Still in my mind the best tennis match of the last 20-30 years. First thing I thought of when I heard five hours.

I’m not a big Nadal fan, so after Roger drops I honestly lost a lot of interest. Didn’t end up seeing this match.
      It may well have been as good, if not it wasn't far behind. Just some incredible smash mouth, hard hitting, super athletic tennis.

I'm admittedly not a hardcore tennis fan, regardless of who is involved. But last night was a special one, glad I stayed awake for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Agassi-Baghdatis in 2006 is up there as well as the Agassi-Sampras quarter around 2000. The Federer-Safin 2005 Aussie Open semi is another contender.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Serena gives up a break right off the bat to open her semi.
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

...and we're back on serve at 2-2. Serena still does not look sharp, although she might be starting to dial it in.

God, that was fun...

Comment

After being down 0-2 to start the semi, Serena takes 12 of the next 13, and we're done here in straight sets.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Osaka beats Serena for the title; Serena got into an argument with the chair ump.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  Osaka beats Serena for the title; Serena got into an argument with the chair ump.
                  I haven’t seen the whole incident. My understanding is that she was receiving coaching and her coach admitted as much. The ref penalized her for that and she should have moved on. Her behavior is completely out of line. It happened before the social media era, but about 10 years ago Serena threatened a lineswoman after she called a foot fault. She’s an all time great talent wise and it’s too bad she hasn’t kept her composure better in those situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                    I haven’t seen the whole incident. My understanding is that she was receiving coaching and her coach admitted as much. The ref penalized her for that and she should have moved on. Her behavior is completely out of line. It happened before the social media era, but about 10 years ago Serena threatened a lineswoman after she called a foot fault. She’s an all time great talent wise and it’s too bad she hasn’t kept her composure better in those situations.
                    From I read up on, because I didn't know what the "coaching rule" was, the coaching rule was a bad call. It happens a lot, and it's a coin flip whether the ump calls it or not. That being said, that first call started the chain of the other 2 penalties, both of which were warranted. However, if that first call was never made....

The "you're a thief" was the key to that call. If she had said "That was a horrible call" instead of basically saying "YOU made a horrible call," chances are the ump lets that go. I have spoken with many a ref, up to the collegiate level, and it's a universal opinion that once a player specifies the ref his/herself...a call will be made.

The racket-smash was an obvious call that had to be made.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Sounds like Serena showed class in the awards presentation, though, when the crowd booed Osaka. Didn't see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        From I read up on, because I didn't know what the "coaching rule" was, the coaching rule was a bad call. It happens a lot, and it's a coin flip whether the ump calls it or not. That being said, that first call started the chain of the other 2 penalties, both of which were warranted. However, if that first call was never made....

The "you're a thief" was the key to that call. If she had said "That was a horrible call" instead of basically saying "YOU made a horrible call," chances are the ump lets that go. I have spoken with many a ref, up to the collegiate level, and it's a universal opinion that once a player specifies the ref his/herself...a call will be made.

The racket-smash was an obvious call that had to be made.
                        It’s something that doesn’t get called a lot, but that doesn’t mean it was a bad one. Once the call was made she should have moved on. Arguing isn’t going to make the situation any better.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                          Sounds like Serena showed class in the awards presentation, though, when the crowd booed Osaka. Didn't see it.
                          The crowd booed Osaka? Christ. I love that she won

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            The crowd booed Osaka? Christ. I love that she won
                            They were still booing the chair ump. Serena told everyone to stop booing because Osaka deserved to have her moment.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                              They were still booing the chair ump. Serena told everyone to stop booing because Osaka deserved to have her moment.
                              That. And that is what is NOT being focused on. Serena was not a sore loser, she gave credit to Osaka. It was only the ump that was the issue.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                                That make more sense than what I understood. Still good what Serena did.

Comment

Working...
                                X