Clear All

Re: Inch top 10 for 2012/2013

Originally posted by giwan View Post
    No wonder I don't read INCH
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Minnesota is ranked too high.
    Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
    From INCH:

"After scoring a goal as a freshman, Bjugstad netted a goal last season. No one is predicting the 6-foot-5 forward will make a goal as a junior, but assuming he doesn’t forget his final two seasons of college, Bjugstad could surpass the goal plateau. The Gophers are arguably college hockey’s highest forgettable team; if they emerge as national door mats in 2012-13, Bjugstad will spend plenty of time in the ditch."

you should probably learn to deal with it. College hockey's highest forgettable team is always going to be ignored.
    what they say^
    NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
      what they say^
      I only speak truth. And in this case, they weren't even my words
      Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 06-04-2012, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Notre Dame football isn't getting hype and attention? I disagree. And as for comparing success in the sports:

College Football <> College Hockey
        Can you please explain the symbol between "College Football" and "College Hockey? It looks like a 'less than' symbol followed by a 'greater than' symbol, which doesn't make any sense to me.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
          I don't think it's chest thumping in this case. Not by a mile. Minnesota should be in the conversation for top team heading into this season and I think I more than adequately articulated why. If you have a problem with that, maybe you're the guy with the bias in this case.
          Of course you don't think it's chest thumping. That's my whole point here. And then this:
          you should probably learn to deal with it. College hockey's highest profile team is always going to get extra hype and attention.
          Two sides of the same coin. You guys really make this too easy.
          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
            Of course you don't think it's chest thumping. That's my whole point here.
            My comment wasn't chest thumping. Minnesota should be in the discussion of top team heading into next season. They are returning more scoring than any other team, they lose no one on defense, and have a good recruiting class coming in. The only real question, on paper, is their goaltending.

Minnesota fans being optimistic about their team isn't anymore "chest thumping" than any fan of any other team feeling positive about their team. I supported my stance. If you disagree with me, explain why instead of whining that my opinion of the Gophers is too positive for you..

And I have JDUBBS on ignore. If you haven't learned already and done the same, that's your problem.
            Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 06-04-2012, 09:46 PM.
            @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
            On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
            High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

After a decade of dominence I don't know how bc isn't the highest profile team going. Surprised inch doesn't have more east coast bias being owned by espn.

As for minnesota, they have survived plenty of bad goaltending in the past (helen briggs, crazy frazee, alex wangas, etc) and now that his team doesn't suck anymore tDon can resuming his assinine "rather lose 6-5 than win 1-0" attitude he had to abandon when the rodents couldn't score.
              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
              Originally posted by UWisco
              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                Can you please explain the symbol between "College Football" and "College Hockey? It looks like a 'less than' symbol followed by a 'greater than' symbol, which doesn't make any sense to me.
                Not equal to

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                  As for minnesota, they have survived plenty of bad goaltending in the past (helen briggs, crazy frazee, alex wangas, etc) and now that his team doesn't suck anymore tDon can resuming his assinine "rather lose 6-5 than win 1-0" attitude he had to abandon when the rodents couldn't score.
                  So what is UW's plan, seeing as how they still suck?
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                    So what is UW's plan, seeing as how they still suck?
                    Drinking paint thinner and eating roadkill what else is there?
                    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                    Originally posted by UWisco
                    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

I have trouble respecting a program like Minnesota. Going out of state to get kids like Potulny/Vanek (top program from the "state of hockey" recruiting out of state and out of country?) and then resorting to the trap when they get their players on the ice. No respect.

I did enjoy seeing BC run a train on Minnesota in Tampa though! Poor Jdubbs must have been so dehydrated from all that crying.
                      Last edited by Carmine Scarpaglia; 06-04-2012, 10:16 PM.
                      Originally posted by reBlur
                      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                        Drinking paint thinner and eating roadkill what else is there?
                        since when did people from wisco eat their roadkill?

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                          I have trouble respecting a program like Minnesota. Going out of state to get kids like Potulny/Vanek (top program from the "state of hockey" recruiting out of state and out of country?) and then resorting to the trap when they get their players on the ice. No respect.

I did enjoy seeing BC run a train on Minnesota in Tampa though! Poor Jdubbs must have been so dehydrated from all that crying.
                          Championships won with only in-state players

Minnesota: 2
                          Every Other Team (Including Yours): 0

And every team traps, including the Gophers. I really wonder if you even understand what the trap is.

History. Tradition. Respect.
                          Deal. With. It.
                          Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 06-05-2012, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Championships won with only in-state players

Minnesota: 2
                            Every Other Team (Including Yours): 0

And every team traps, including the Gophers. I really wonder if you even understand what the trap is.

History. Tradition. Respect.
                            Deal. With. It.
                            Under-rated! Under-rated! Under-rated!

You are so freaking predictable, dude.
                            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

How the hell is UW top 10?
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                How the hell is UW top 10?
                                I think they'll be in the top 3 in the WCHA, which should put them in the top 10 overall. I don't have a problem with UW where they are at.
                                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Working...
                                X