(3) UND
    (4) Union
    (5) WMU
    (6) BC
    (7) Cornell
    (8) UW
    (9) UML
    (10) ND

Call me a homer, but I can't see how you have BC any lower than 3rd or maybe 4th, regardless of their losses, especially on defense. And their comment about where the scoring is going to come from is pretty foolish when you consider they return 4 forwards who had 36 or more points. I see they didn't even have BC in their pre-season top 10 last year, so just more proof of how clueless they really are.....
    Last edited by carltonbarrett; 06-03-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Really??!!

Re: Inch top 10 for 2012/2013

Quote Originally Posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    https://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...10for13_teams/(10) ND

Call me a homer, but I can't see how you have BC any lower than 3rd or maybe 4th, regardless of their losses, especially on defense. And their comment about where the scoring is going to come from is pretty foolish when you consider they return 4 forwards who had 36 or more points. I see they didn't even have BC in their pre-season top 10 last year, so just more proof of how clueless they really are.....
    Seriously ND? Obvious bias. No wonder I don't read INCH

It's not the Frozen 4 without BC.

INCH has taken a surprising downturn in the past few years. The staff used to be very knowledgeable and kept their reports free of bias. Now I think they hired a bunch of BU fanboys to take over. Disappointing.
    1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2018

Boston College Hockey: It's just that we're better than you.

B Who? Oh, you mean "Sux 2 B.U."

(1) B1G
    (2) B1G
    (3) NCHC
    (4) ECAC
    (5) NCHC
    (6) Hockey East
    (7) ECAC
    (8) B1G
    (9) Hockey East
    (10) Hockey East

Yep. Sounds about right.

Banned

I'm not taking any stock in this. If you look at the 10 for '12 article, only one FF team made the top 10 ( or 26 ), and three of them (including #2) didn't even make the tournament.

Personally, I'd go with something like:

(1) MN
    (2) UND
    (2) BC
    (4) MI
    (5) UW
    (6) Union
    (7) ND
    (8) WMU
    (9) UML
    (10) Miami

Meehan Madness is Coming Back!!!!!!

(1) MN
    (2) UND
    (2) BC
    (4) MI
    (5) UW
    (6) Union
    (7) ND
    (8) WMU
    (9) UML
    (10) Miami
    Wisconsin too high. WMU too low. Flip them and I think you probably are pretty close.
    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

(1) MN
    (2) UND
    (2) BC
    (4) MI
    (5) UW
    (6) Union
    (7) ND
    (8) WMU
    (9) UML
    (10) Miami
    Surely you jest by having UND and BC tied at the #2 spot. BC automatically has the tiebreaker when it comes to UND.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
    Surely you jest by having UND and BC tied at the #2 spot. BC automatically has the tiebreaker when it comes to UND.
    In the postseason sure, we'll let you have the preseason

Minnesota is ranked too high.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Minnesota is ranked too high.
    If Bjugstad returns, they'll be returning 123 goals. That is 27 more goals than the highest from Hockey East (UML with 95). Even if Bjugstad doesn't return, the Gophers will be returning 98 goals.

And while the Gophers lose Patterson, they're returning everyone defensively, as well as adding two blue chip defensive recruits.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Minnesota should be a preseason lock at #1. One could probably make a convincing argument that a handful of teams could be in that spot. But Minnesota is certainly one of them. To say otherwise is absurd.

UW has no proven goaltending, some good playmakers but few true goalscorers (at this level), few key upperclassmen and no Justin Smith. A team that struggled to crack the top ten of the WCHA shouldn't be considered a top ten in the country

The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TimP View Post
    INCH has taken a surprising downturn in the past few years. The staff used to be very knowledgeable and kept their reports free of bias. Now I think they hired a bunch of BU fanboys to take over. Disappointing.
    Says the fansie troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

I think Cornell is poised to overtake Union as the token ECAC team in the top 10. Cornell came within 2 points in the ECAC standings this year, and if not for an inexplicable inability to beat the 10th best ECAC team, would have been clear of them by 2 points. Both Cornell and Union return a lot, but several of Cornell's key returnees are rising sophomores, who often make a bigger jump than rising juniors and seniors. Union had a good season, but their 32-point finish in the ECAC is well below the 34.6 point average for first place, and nowhere near the "special" teams (Harvard '89, Cornell '03, etc), so I don't see them as a lock for the national top 10 at all.
    If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Cardinal and White Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    UW has no proven goaltending, some good playmakers but few true goalscorers (at this level), few key upperclassmen and no Justin Smith. A team that struggled to crack the top ten of the WCHA shouldn't be considered a top ten in the country
    They never had Justin Smith, so I don't think they are missing anything there.
    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWisco View Post
    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Still upright

it should be.
    minny, wisco, Michigan, MSU, BC, BU, RIT, miami, DU, UND. Everyone else tied for 11th of course.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

I like how they hedge their pick of Minnesota by starting off with the words "Assuming Bjugstad returns for his junior season instead of going pro". It does seem a little high of a ranking for me, but this far away from the start of the season I think anyone besides the defending national champ ranked # 1 is a stretch. Also Minnesota has a goalie issue that needs to be resolved before they can start thinking national championship, but they should be a top 5 team come October when final pre-season rankings are released from the various outlets. Also I think that BC as #6 is far to low, especially when they are returning the same goalie who shut down the #1 ranked gophers returning arsenal of scoring power. All that being said I hope that in 10 months we can say that INCH said it first, but for now they are just raising the expectations of gopher fans who are so hungry for another title. Hopefully the team is putting as much effort in this off season as they did last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    it should be.
    minny, wisco, Michigan, MSU, OSU, PSU, BC, BU, RIT, miami, DU, UND. Everyone else tied for 13th of course.
    fyp
    PSNetwork / 360 GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Quote Originally Posted by Rtn2GoldCountry View Post
    I like how they hedge their pick of Minnesota by starting off with the words "Assuming Bjugstad returns for his junior season instead of going pro". It does seem a little high of a ranking for me, but this far away from the start of the season I think anyone besides the defending national champ ranked # 1 is a stretch. Also Minnesota has a goalie issue that needs to be resolved before they can start thinking national championship, but they should be a top 5 team come October when final pre-season rankings are released from the various outlets. Also I think that BC as #6 is far to low, especially when they are returning the same goalie who shut down the #1 ranked gophers returning arsenal of scoring power. All that being said I hope that in 10 months we can say that INCH said it first, but for now they are just raising the expectations of gopher fans who are so hungry for another title. Hopefully the team is putting as much effort in this off season as they did last summer.
    Yeah. I guess I'm still not sure why a team that is returning far more offense than anyone, and everyone (except for their goaltender) defensively shouldn't be in the discussion for the top ranked team going into the season.

The Gophers deserve to be in the discussion. Whether or not they get the goaltending to make a run at a title this year remains to be seen, but the Gophers should be strong on the blue line and down right scary offensively.

I guess I just don't know who you'd put at #1 instead? Who doesn't seem "too high" at #1?
    Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 06-04-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Didn't the Gophers win with Adam freakin Hauser? Goaltending doesn't matter!
    PSNetwork / 360 GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Thread Information