Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: MLB Ballpark Roadtrips

Originally posted by jen View Post
    I did a fancy Shutterfly photo book of all my ballpark trips (scanned tickets, programs, photos, etc). Really excited to see it (although it was pricey - but so was going to all 30 stadiums). I added an index of all my road games at the end (thanks retrosheet). 50% off all photo books right now.

I also discovered a missing Cubs game I didn't have - Sept 12, 1998 - Cubs 15, Brewers 12. How did I not remember THAT one? I vaguely recall a foul ball hit by Mark Loretta landing in the lap of the lady next to us... but the game? nope. But I found the ticket stub (I wish I had kept more ticket stubs, or at least organized the ones I did have).
    My wife just made one of our wedding, with a short add-on of our honeymoon. They are not cheap. Nope, not at all.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      My wife just made one of our wedding, with a short add-on of our honeymoon. They are not cheap. Nope, not at all.
      Shutterfly and Mixbook have cheaper options and sales, so if it's something that can wait, I recommend doing that. I usually lay them out in advance and then when there is a sale, hit go. I have ones for every year that we've been married and a separate one for our 2 week road trip to Memphis in 2017 and a separate one for our wedding. I have one created for our honeymoon, but am waiting on a sale.

Comment

I just found more **** ticket stubs (although not that many - but some old Busch Stadium ones that I hadn't included).

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
        Shutterfly and Mixbook have cheaper options and sales, so if it's something that can wait, I recommend doing that. I usually lay them out in advance and then when there is a sale, hit go. I have ones for every year that we've been married and a separate one for our 2 week road trip to Memphis in 2017 and a separate one for our wedding. I have one created for our honeymoon, but am waiting on a sale.
        Is there a better deal than 50% off? (too late now for me)

Comment

Looking at possibly doing Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati this summer. Any suggestions on seats/places to eat/signature concession item?

Not opposed to upper deck if it provides a decent view. Cleveland sits pretty close to the field, and we were in the first couple rows behind home plate in Toronto's upper deck and that was good as well. On the other hand, if these places are like Comerica where the upper deck sits 1000 miles from the field, I'll pony up to get into the lower levels.

Unfortunately I may have already had the best seats I'll ever get on this tour last season in Chicago, which I talked about on the previous page. A battle for last place and some rain in the forecast set me up closer to the field than I sit for most minor league games. The weekends we're looking at have the Phillies in town in Milwaukee and Cleveland coming to Cincy, so definitely no chance for cheap ones there.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            Looking at possibly doing Milwaukee, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati this summer. Any suggestions on seats/places to eat/signature concession item?
            No bad seats in Pittsburgh. Unless its cold and windy, or other bad weather. Then get seats under the over hang on the lower level.

Downtown is just across a walking bridge. So you have a ton of food choices within about 5 blocks if you dont want to pay stadium prices.

Primanti's is the most recognizable Pittsburgh food to get for tourists.

Anywhere that serves perogies should be good as well.
            Last edited by JF_Gophers; 04-15-2019, 07:42 PM.
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
              Primanti's is the most recognizable Pittsburgh food to get for tourists..
              once is good. seriously. can only go so far wit soggy bread and all the stuff on there
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                once is good. seriously. can only go so far wit soggy bread and all the stuff on there
                There's a Primanti's near my aunt's house, just a few blocks from the Robert Morris U. campus. The place is open by simple name recognition, my brother and I both agreed that it just wasn't worth the fame. Then we get to my aunt's house and they all said the same thing.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  There's a Primanti's near my aunt's house, just a few blocks from the Robert Morris U. campus. The place is open by simple name recognition, my brother and I both agreed that it just wasn't worth the fame. Then we get to my aunt's house and they all said the same thing.
                  Mookie has eaten in that one. He got the chicken wings

Comment

I believe my bride and I split a Primanti at PNC, it was more than enough for me.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                    Twenty red lights in his honor
                    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

So it sounds like I should go to Primanti’s so I can talk about how average it is.

Will also be the first time in Cincy, so I guess I have to get the spaghetti chili.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
                        So it sounds like I should go to Primanti’s so I can talk about how average it is.

Will also be the first time in Cincy, so I guess I have to get the spaghetti chili.
                        not to be a donna downer (), but they are a hick oddity.
                        honestly, mookie got his best primanti in ft lauderdale!! the bread was hard(er) and held together. he also ordered the roethlishberger which he's never seen in pitt. burget with fried egg and the stuff.
                        have one. go to the strip and eat at the original store. don't support nutting any more than you need to

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post

Not opposed to upper deck if it provides a decent view. Cleveland sits pretty close to the field, and we were in the first couple rows behind home plate in Toronto's upper deck and that was good as well. On the other hand, if these places are like Comerica where the upper deck sits 1000 miles from the field, I'll pony up to get into the lower levels.

Unfortunately I may have already had the best seats I'll ever get on this tour last season in Chicago, which I talked about on the previous page. A battle for last place and some rain in the forecast set me up closer to the field than I sit for most minor league games. The weekends we're looking at have the Phillies in town in Milwaukee and Cleveland coming to Cincy, so definitely no chance for cheap ones there.
                          For day games at Miller Park, sun is on the third base side. Not a big fan of the terrace level, but it's OK. It feels far away to me, since I usually sit in the club level. Obviously you need to get a brat with stadium sauce, although, IMO, the Johnsonville are not as good as Klements (it changed last year). There's a local beer stand on the Loge level with a lot of local microbrews.

And agree on Primanti and Skyline. I was unimpressed with both. Your other Cincinnati "must eat" is goetta, but I'm not sure I've seen it at the ballpark.

Cincinnati also has a really nice zoo, if you need non-baseball things to do.

Pittsburgh is a beautiful park - easily my #2. Nicest ballpark employees, too.

Comment

One pro tip about stadiums. ALmost all of them have sun studies done and some are available on the stadium's webiste.

Target Field, for example: Link
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That sounds like beef on wick, which I could eat 5 times a week.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well, we were supposed to hit Pittsburgh and Cincy this weekend, but it’s not looking great for either. Thunderstorms expected for about three hours prior to first pitch tonight in PA, and thunderstorms expected from 4-7 tomorrow in Cincy.

1966, 1986, 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X