Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had a dream that the St.Louis Blues won the Stanley cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I had a dream that the St.Louis Blues won the Stanley cup?

So is Board already on summer vacation that they let this obvious spam remain?

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      IALTO.

You have no idea what an NHL team will look like in 5 or 10 years, much more difficult for a college team (in almost every sport) to come from obscurity
      You're probably right. I mean, let's be honest, the NHL is set up so that any team can win a Stanley Cup, provided management assembles a cast of players who are capable of winning in the playoffs. Unfortunately, the CBJ have been so mismanaged for years that they are no closer to winning a cup now than they were in their inaugural season of 2000-2001. In regard to Ohio State coming from obscurity, we might have different definitions of obscurity. Ohio State made the Frozen Four in 1998 and has been to several NCAA Tournaments since, so when I think of Ohio State's Hockey Program, I don't exactly think obscurity.

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
        You're probably right. I mean, let's be honest, the NHL is set up so that any team can win a Stanley Cup, provided management assembles a cast of players who are capable of winning in the playoffs. Unfortunately, the CBJ have been so mismanaged for years that they are no closer to winning a cup now than they were in their inaugural season of 2000-2001. In regard to Ohio State coming from obscurity, we might have different definitions of obscurity. Ohio State made the Frozen Four in 1998 and has been to several NCAA Tournaments since, so when I think of Ohio State's Hockey Program, I don't exactly think obscurity.
        My Kings were bad for a long time, things turn around.

As for OSU, they're not among the top 20 schools if you had to guess "Who will win it all in 5 years" so I'd say in a college sport that has less than 60 D-1 schools, that would be obscurity
        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Funny. I had a dream that this was the D-1 board and not a place to hawk kid-sized Dion Phaneuf jerseys.
          *****http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj1mwcKNvd1qbnbrwo1_500.jpg******
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Well...
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Best of nine???

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

My Kings were bad for a long time, things turn around.

As for OSU, they're not among the top 20 schools if you had to guess "Who will win it all in 5 years" so I'd say in a college sport that has less than 60 D-1 schools, that would be obscurity
                Actually, we were ranked #1 in the PairWise earlier this season as opposed to your opinion of "who will win it in all in 5 years", so maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. In fact, we finished 19th in the PairWise despite our second half problems, only three spots out of qualifying for the NCAA Tournament, so we're quite a bit closer to having a chance to win it all than what you believe.

Comment

Actually, we were ranked #1 in the PairWise earlier this season as opposed to your opinion of "who will win it in all in 5 years", so maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. In fact, we finished 19th in the PairWise despite our second half problems, only three spots out of qualifying for the NCAA Tournament, so we're quite a bit closer to having a chance to win it all than what you believe.
                  And I'm saying I was told to name 20 teams and if the winner of the 2017 NCAA men's division 1 hockey championship wasn't on my list I'd be killed, I wouldn't include OSU

Comment

Was there a broom in your dream????

Comment

And I'm saying I was told to name 20 teams and if the winner of the 2017 NCAA men's division 1 hockey championship wasn't on my list I'd be killed, I wouldn't include OSU
                      Unless the NCAA is expanding the tournament field, only 16 teams make the NCAA Mens Hockey Tournament. I like your chances (LOL)!
                      Last edited by osualum86; 05-07-2012, 09:05 PM.

Comment

Unless the NCAA is expanding the tournament field, only 16 teams make the NCAA Mens Hockey Tournament. I like your chances (LOL)!
                        Well I don't get to know the 16 teams ahead of time, I meant I'd name 20 now to win in '17

Comment

Originally posted by FRICKER View Post
                          Was there a broom in your dream????
                          His dreams suck, much like the crap he tries to sell here.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Everyone else does though...
                            Originally posted by alfablue
                            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                              Were you thinking obscurity when we swept your asses at Yost last season?

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                                Hey UMICH, I was just messing with you on that last post. But then, you figured that out with the winking smiley face. Fact of the matter is, Red Berenson is a great coach, and your program is the envy of our league. Regardless of how Michigan starts their seasons, you can bet your paycheck that by the end of the season the Wolverines will be a force to be dealt with. Red is a good guy, too. My wife is a BG grad. One night we went to BG to see them play Michigan. BG was having a rough season and Michigan won. After the game I told Coach, "You have a nice team." He said, "You have a nice team, too." What a gracious winner. I hope that Coach Osiecki can get Ohio State's program to the level that Michigan is at, although that will certainly take some time. It's funny, because one day I googled NCAA Mens Hockey Champions, thinking Minnesota has probably won the most. I think we both know who has won the most Mens Hockey National Titles ... Michigan. I was impressed because I knew Michigan had a great hockey program but I did not realize they had won the most National Titles in the sport. And this is coming from an Ohio State grad! What can I say? I try to be a student of the game and actually research things. Good luck next season! How about our teams meet at the Joe for the last Mason Cup next season, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X