Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 992

Thread: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

  1. #141
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,048

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    I doubt he's going to BU. Or BC.
    Northeastern Huskies

    Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

  2. #142

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,296

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    So then where do you think he's going?? I'm not saying I disagree, but give us some insight.

  3. #143

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,883

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan85 View Post
    So then where do you think he's going?? I'm not saying I disagree, but give us some insight.
    UVM should have a scholarship available since Girgensons signed with Buffalo.

  4. #144
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2000
    Posts
    3,125

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    UVM should have a scholarship available since Girgensons signed with Buffalo.
    And they are the closest to home. I do wonder if eithr Umass or Northeastern has some free money
    Let's Go Pirates!

  5. #145

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,296

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    I would love to see him end up at a Lowell, Maine, Merrimack...one of the underdogs to land top talent these days...but I'm guessing it will be UVM, too.

  6. #146

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,883

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    Quote Originally Posted by cavbim View Post
    And they are the closest to home. I do wonder if eithr Umass or Northeastern has some free money
    That's the question. who has money available at this late date. I assume this would have to be a package deal with his brother.

  7. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    154

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    Kevin Roy is going to Penn State. The Roy family is very impressed with how Penn State "honors" its "commitment" to high ethical standards.

  8. #148
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Soo
    Posts
    1,839

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan85 View Post
    So then where do you think he's going?? I'm not saying I disagree, but give us some insight.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but once you sign a L.O.I, does it not preclude you from changing your mind and opting for another program?? Isn't there some type of penalty involved??

  9. #149

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,296

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    You don't sign an LOI for Ivy League schools.

  10. #150
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    794

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan85 View Post
    You don't sign an LOI for Ivy League schools.
    That would be juicy if there was tampering by Penn State. It would just be the icing on the cake now wouldn't it.
    Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

    STAY UP #94 #58

  11. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    689

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    It's ludicrous to assume that after decommitting from Brown because supposedly the Brown hockey program doesn't have the national stature that the Roy family appears to be looking for, Kevin would end up at Lowell, Merrimack, Northeastern, U Mass or Vermont. If he does go the college route, it's more likely that it would be to a place like BC, BU, or Wisconsin.

    But, who knows, maybe Brown09's is right and the Roy family will choose Penn State. For some reason, it seems highly appropriate.
    Last edited by Euler18; 07-23-2012 at 11:09 PM.

  12. #152
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,048

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    Quote Originally Posted by Euler18 View Post
    It's ludicrous to assume that after decommitting from Brown because supposedly the Brown hockey program doesn't have the national stature that the Roy family appears to be looking for, Kevin would end up at Lowell, Merrimack, Northeastern, U Mass or Vermont. If he does go the college route, it's more likely that it would be to a place like BC, BU, or Wisconsin.

    But, who knows, maybe Brown09's is right and the Roy family will choose Penn State. For some reason, it seems highly appropriate.
    I mean HEA or ECAC. Kind of easy to pick which has better talent.
    Northeastern Huskies

    Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

  13. #153
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    689

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    Here's a link to a JULY 14 radio interview in which Kevin Roy reiterates the reasons why he was supposedly "committed" to playing at Brown. He even mentioned the date he was due at Brown. This section of the interview starts with about six minutes left.

    https://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com.br/

  14. #154
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    689

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    Quote Originally Posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
    I mean HEA or ECAC. Kind of easy to pick which has better talent.
    It appears that what was at stake was a school with national hockey prominence, and that certainly isn't Northeastern, Merrimack, Lowell, U Mass, or Vermont. Besides, after BC, BU, and to a certain extent Maine and UNH, the talent level at Hockey East is pretty mediocre.

    Incidentally, over the past couple of seasons Brown's record against Hockey East schools is 3-0-3, with wins over BU, UNH and PC.

  15. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,048

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    Quote Originally Posted by Euler18 View Post
    It appears that what was at stake was a school with national hockey prominence, and that certainly isn't Northeastern, Merrimack, Lowell, U Mass, or Vermont. Besides, after BC, BU, and to a certain extent Maine and UNH, the talent level at Hockey East is pretty mediocre.

    Incidentally, over the past couple of seasons Brown's record against Hockey East schools is 3-0-3, with wins over BU, UNH and PC.
    Well, every one of those programs has at least made the NCAA Tournament within the last five years so...

    Either way, if he intended to not go, he should've just decommitted a while ago unless something legitimately came up within the last week.
    Northeastern Huskies

    Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

  16. #156
    Brown Wins!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Albany, NY USA
    Posts
    1,971

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    Quote Originally Posted by Euler18 View Post
    Here's a link to a JULY 14 radio interview in which Kevin Roy reiterates the reasons why he was supposedly "committed" to playing at Brown. He even mentioned the date he was due at Brown. This section of the interview starts with about six minutes left.

    https://thepipelineshow.blogspot.com.br/
    After listening to the interview, PSU may be a good place for Kevin to attend.

  17. #157
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,623

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    I'll throw 2cents into the pot....let's see, IIRC almost to the day he walked out the door, Nate Leaman said he wasn't going.....Roy ends up @ Providence?

  18. #158
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Quincy, MA
    Posts
    227

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    Quote Originally Posted by turk181 View Post
    I'll throw 2cents into the pot....let's see, IIRC almost to the day he walked out the door, Nate Leaman said he wasn't going.....Roy ends up @ Providence?
    No idea where he's going, but it is worth pointing out that a former assistant at Brown (who was there when Roy was recruited) is now at Northeastern. Any other former Brown guys now with other teams? Also, does anybody know who was responsible for Roy's commitment, or if he had a relationship with a particular coach?

    I definitely feel for Brown. I know our situation was different, but we NU fans know all too well what it's like to see players back out of a commitment.
    On Jamie Oleksiak:

    Quote Originally Posted by Hokydad View Post
    If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

  19. #159
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Eastern Mass.
    Posts
    686

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    Quote Originally Posted by HungryHungryHuskies View Post
    No idea where he's going, but it is worth pointing out that a former assistant at Brown (who was there when Roy was recruited) is now at Northeastern. Any other former Brown guys now with other teams? Also, does anybody know who was responsible for Roy's commitment, or if he had a relationship with a particular coach?

    I definitely feel for Brown. I know our situation was different, but we NU fans know all too well what it's like to see players back out of a commitment.
    I believe he was recruited about two years ago by Jerry Keefe, a former PC player and present NU AC.

  20. #160
    Brown Wins!
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Albany, NY USA
    Posts
    1,971

    Re: Brown Hockey 2012-2013:Climbing the ECAC Ladder

    Mark Diver has in today's Providence Journal what appears to be an interview with Kevin about his decision. It is only available with an e-subscription which I do not have. Can anyone provide a summary of what Kevin said about his decision?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •