Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Blackhawks!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
    The Sioux will wear their new jerseys for the first time in the regional. Has anyone heard when we will see them? Not until they hit the ice?
    I was counting on a forfeit.

Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    UND fans are sky high on this team, but they don't have lofty expectations, even after the recent run. This teams keep overperforming, and getting through the regional would be another surprise. The gophers have to be the favorite, IMO, though without a real power in the WCHA, it's hard to assess BU and WM's chances.
    Always get a kick out of these posts.

"Our team is awesome...but we have no expectations for them"

"Our #1 seed is the underdog"
    Go Gophers!

Follow me on Twitter: @Biddco Biddco's Avatar
    The Sioux will wear their new jerseys for the first time in the regional. Has anyone heard when we will see them? Not until they hit the ice?
    No one has heard a thing. Which is funny because we know Iran is working on nuculear technology but we have no idea what UND's new jerseys will look like

Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

I do wonder about how these brackets always seem to work out. There's always a cupcake regional with another that's somewhat easy.

And only one of the following teams can make it to the NC:

BC
    BU
    MN
    UND
    UMD
    Go Gophers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    The only promotion I've seen is the stupid NCAA commercial for the regional that has been running for months.
    Season ticket holders got e-mails about ticket buying. I think there was an early period where there may have been a price break. At least it was through the NCAA so avoided Ticketbastard fees.

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    I do wonder about how these brackets always seem to work out. There's always a cupcake regional with another that's somewhat easy.

And only one of the following teams can make it to the NC:

BC
    BU
    MN
    UND
    UMD
    That's come to be expected every year now, IMO.

I liked the women's jerseys, and I would be willing to believe that they won't be bad.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

The Sioux will wear their new jerseys for the first time in the regional. Has anyone heard when we will see them?
    The new UND jerseys can only be actually seen by the worthiest of hockey fans. If you think you're watching a bunch of naked skaters next weekend, then we have as many questions for you as you have for us.

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    Always get a kick out of these posts. "Our team is awesome...but we have no expectations for them"
    We are jacked that our team is playing beyond anyone's expectations. It's a lot to expect they can continue at this level, but we still think they're awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    Parker will get them Jacked up no doubt, but they really only skate 2 decent lines and 4 legit D-men.
    Then they'll never last against Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by Biddco View Post
    No one has heard a thing. Which is funny because we know Iran is working on nuculear technology but we have no idea what UND's new jerseys will look like
    I hope they're pink.

Minding the gap MinnesotaNorthStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    I hope they're pink.
    I wouldn't hold your breath.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Tuuk View Post
    Then they'll never last against Minnesota.
    Unfortunately, UND had the same line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    BU played .500 hockey the past couple of months and as has been well documented, they lost 2 of their top forwards (including their leading goal scorer), a 3rd lower line forward and a top 4 D-man during the season due to various reasons. Parker will get them Jacked up no doubt, but they really only skate 2 decent lines and 4 legit D-men.
    Well, then. BU has exactly the recipe for beating Minnesota. It worked for UND. Drop a half dozen players out of the lineup, get a couple defensemen to play forward, and send out 6 scholarship forwards.

Don't forget to rope-a-dope for half the game.

I would figure Western Michigan to be the most dangerous 4th seed in the tourney, Two weeks ago they tied and won the shoot out at home vs #6 Ferris State and beat them the next night at Ferris. Last week they dispatched Lake State in 2 games at home. Friday night they dominated #5 Miami 6-2 and last night they led #2 Michigan 3-0 before winning 3-2. They're on a roll and their freshman goaltender is playing well. This will be an interesting region and I'm sure the winner of the first game will be rooting for BU in the second game

Quote Originally Posted by MeridianStreet View Post
    I would figure Western Michigan to be the most dangerous 4th seed in the tourney, Two weeks ago they tied and won the shoot out at home vs #6 Ferris State and beat them the next night at Ferris. Last week they dispatched Lake State in 2 games at home. Fiday night they dominated #5 Miami 6-2 and last night they led #2 Michigan 3-0 before winning 3-2. They're on a roll and their freshman goaltender is playing well. This will be an interesting region and I'm sure the winner of the first game will be rooting for BU in the second game
    I'd say you can bet on the second game having a lot of fans in green sweaters cheering for the Terriers.
    AF 99

Super Serial

Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    I'd say you can bet on the second game having a lot of fans in green sweaters cheering for the Terriers.
    We'd appreciate it!
    \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by brassbonanza View Post
    We'd appreciate it!
    Trust me, you will be surprised. UND should have a very good showing, and, if they win, they will have thousands still cheering for BU at 4.
    AF 99

Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Trust me, you will be surprised. UND should have a very good showing, and, if they win, they will have thousands still cheering for BU at 4.
    We're 11-4-1 on the road this year; only 10-8 at home. Don't cheer too loudly!

Quote Originally Posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
    We're 11-4-1 on the road this year; only 10-8 at home. Don't cheer too loudly!
    Well, if the Sioux win, you'll get a lot of cheering. It'll still be a pretty huge home crowd, but there will be a lot of "temporary" terriers.
    AF 99

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    And a potential BC-UND F4 matchup is possible.

If MN doesn't go.......I want to see BC feed on UND's trail of tears yet again.
    UND looks to have its hands full with Western Michigan, higher in the KRACH than both Minnesota and Boston University. By KRACH, 1 and 2 play, followed by 3 and 4.

By the way, man, you have become noticeably crankier, as the years go by. Your comment suggests you suffer a St. Patty PTSD. Maybe I would too.

Your ducts ought to be about empty by now, about Friday night. Rally yourself, man. Home cooking is always something to be encouraged about.
    No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

New nick is coming up. I recommend Spirithawks.

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Shine on You Crazy Diamond

This regional sets up nicely for a Minnesota Western Michigan final.

Thread Information