Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 1001

Thread: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,194

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    The last 25 minutes could be rather telling of the team's mentality, though. Important game + raucous atmosphere = meltdown when the opponent cranks up their play.

    And by seeding, UND *is* the favorite. MN is merely the 8th best team in the field.

  2. #42
    duper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    7,248

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    Oh my but it would make me chuckle to see BU play Western MI in the regional final. I think Minnesota goes to the Frozen Four.

  3. #43

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,877

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    Quote Originally Posted by duper View Post
    Oh my but it would make me chuckle to see BU play Western MI in the regional final. I think Minnesota goes to the Frozen Four.
    it would make me chuckle if your last goal of the season was against daloot.

  4. #44
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    74,522

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Actually, kinda yes.

    Sample size.
    Really? So, a playoff game where the momentum was all on your side and then finally it swung the other way and you collapsed carries less wait then games that in the grand scheme of things were mostly meaningless?

    Okey Dokey.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

    Glass at 0%: No Heart

  5. #45
    Gopher Hockey Driftryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    6,708

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    It would make me chuckle if we can get Scooby's glass full again.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavalryNate View Post
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.

  6. #46
    duper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    7,248

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Really? So, a playoff game where the momentum was all on your side and then finally it swung the other way and you collapsed carries less wait then games that in the grand scheme of things were mostly meaningless?

    Okey Dokey.
    Good lord what a useless debate!

    There's no way to know which is more meaningful. If the TEAM becomes demoralized by blowing six goals in 35 minutes, then that is more important. If they get together and say NO ****ING WAY that happens again, then it is less important.

  7. #47
    duper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    7,248

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    Quote Originally Posted by willythekid View Post
    it would make me chuckle if your last goal of the season was against daloot.
    That, my good man, would make a lot of people chuckle.

  8. #48
    Gopher Hockey Driftryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    6,708

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    Quote Originally Posted by duper View Post
    Good lord what a useless debate!

    There's no way to know which is more meaningful. If the TEAM becomes demoralized by blowing six goals in 35 minutes, then that is more important. If they get together and say NO ****ING WAY that happens again, then it is less important.
    This.

    I also hope that playing in the tourney essentially at "home" will give them the proper motivation to come out strong and not take a period off.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavalryNate View Post
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,194

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    Quote Originally Posted by duper View Post
    Oh my but it would make me chuckle to see BU play Western MI in the regional final.
    I made that exact same comment to a UND friend when the brackets were announced, since all the focus will be on a UND-MN rematch. Obviously I want my team to win it, but having unexpected results next Saturday would have a certain humor value after all the barking we're going to hear this week from the two fanbases.

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Spicer, MN
    Posts
    17,645

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    Quote Originally Posted by Driftryder View Post
    This.

    I also hope that playing in the tourney essentially at "home" will give them the proper motivation to come out strong and not take a period off.
    Here's what I don't understand. How have Gopher fans not purchased tons of tickets yet? at 11 am, I could get tickets on the blue line row 15. Prime seats. How big will that advantage really be now with thousands of Sioux fans purchasing tickets?
    AF 99

    M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,194

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Here's what I don't understand. How have Gopher fans not purchased tons of tickets yet?
    No confidence in the team + several years of no NCAA bids = fans don't know what to do.

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,193

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    BU played .500 hockey the past couple of months and as has been well documented, they lost 2 of their top forwards (including their leading goal scorer), a 3rd lower line forward and a top 4 D-man during the season due to various reasons. Parker will get them Jacked up no doubt, but they really only skate 2 decent lines and 4 legit D-men.

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Spicer, MN
    Posts
    17,645

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    No confidence in the team + several years of no NCAA bids = fans don't know what to do.
    Shouldn't they be excited for their return to postseason play though?
    AF 99

    M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

  14. #54
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    26,194

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Shouldn't they be excited for their return to postseason play though?
    Not after Friday night's Cleveland steamer of a 3rd period.

    Plus bear in mind that many fans aren't as plugged in as we are - and probably didn't know MN had already secured a spot in the tournament even with the loss.

  15. #55
    Gopher Hockey Driftryder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    6,708

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Shouldn't they be excited for their return to postseason play though?
    Yes, I think plenty of Gopher fans will be in attendance.
    Quote Originally Posted by CavalryNate View Post
    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    61

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    Sioux fans are sky high on their team now (as they should be). I'm guessing it will be 50/50 fan distribution IF the Sioux and Gophers win Saturday. Both teams have tough games, but if they meet it will be an 18,000 sellout Sunday. I'm really looking forward to the Boston U vs Minnesota matchup. Eruzione, Silk, O'Callahan, and Craig should be flying in to join their fellow 1980 Olympicans to watch this game.

  17. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    Any chance UND fans cheer for Minnesota on Saturday if they win their game against WMU?

  18. #58
    Anti-Semantic The Rube's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chez Rube
    Posts
    119,686

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    Quote Originally Posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
    Any chance UND fans cheer for Minnesota on Saturday if they win their game against WMU?
    That'll happen about the same time that BC/BU fans hug each other and sing "Kumbayah."
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,084

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    Quote Originally Posted by 80Miracle View Post
    Sioux fans are sky high on their team now (as they should be). I'm guessing it will be 50/50 fan distribution IF the Sioux and Gophers win Saturday. Both teams have tough games, but if they meet it will be an 18,000 sellout Sunday. I'm really looking forward to the Boston U vs Minnesota matchup. Eruzione, Silk, O'Callahan, and Craig should be flying in to join their fellow 1980 Olympicans to watch this game.
    UND fans are sky high on this team, but they don't have lofty expectations, even after the recent run. This teams keep overperforming, and getting through the regional would be another surprise. The gophers have to be the favorite, IMO, though without a real power in the WCHA, it's hard to assess BU and WM's chances.

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Edina, MN, USA
    Posts
    19,862

    Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bakunin View Post
    Not after Friday night's Cleveland steamer of a 3rd period.

    Plus bear in mind that many fans aren't as plugged in as we are - and probably didn't know MN had already secured a spot in the tournament even with the loss.
    If they bought any tickets through the on-line function they have already gotten the e-mail about it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •