Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
    Ha! That was an awesome read.
    If not grossly slanted to paint the bastid trainer in a positive light, DAMMIT!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
      Just thought I'd add a little bit to this, because the news I got is a bit better. BU's athletic department is in talks with NESN to see if the ACC baseball game they are airing is one that they are obligated to show. If not, they are going to lobby NESN to pick up the ESPN syndication for the BU/Minnesota game. They are very hopeful that this will be the case. Also, they noted that Fox Sports North is likely to pick up the game, and if that is the case, they will see if it can be aired on one of the FCS channels locally available through Comcast. The downside to the latter would be the lack of HD availability.
      I know that FSN has picked up Gopher NCAA games in the past, hope they continue this tradition.
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/1976NCfinalpage1.jpg******

Comment

2 of

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/1976NCfinalpage2.jpg******

Comment

3 of
            *****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/1976NCfinalpage3.jpg******

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Chickod, don't mean to challenge you, but how do you explain the NCAA broadcast link saying it's available for ESPN Syndication as well as being available on ESPN3?

http://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/fi...st_Revised.pdf

If you look at all the Regional Finals as well, they are all listed as being on ESPNU and available on ESPN3.
              That's what I'm saying. Regarding ESPN3, I have DirecTV. So I cannot GET ESPN3 because you have to subscribe to a cable network, of which DirecTV doesn't count. And regarding syndication, the problem is that anybody who picks up the game locally would be competing directly with the BC game. Given the Boston market, I doubt if they'll do that. Perhaps on tape delay, but that remains to be seen. As you know, it's all about rating and advertising revenue. Just watch Channel 4, 5 or 7 any night of the week. No offense, but it's "BC this" and "BC that." We don't even exist.

I'm not saying it's NOT going to be on...I don't know that yet. But my friend thinks it's not very likely to be on anything BESDIES ESPN3. The Regional FINAL (if we get there) is different, because there are no "conflicting" games - the games are staggered so they will all be on ESPNU.

SO I'm referring to myself...MOST people have cable (as opposed to DirecTV), especially in urban areas. I just like DirecTV because of NFL Sunday Ticket, etc. So I'm not saying you won't be able to see it, just that I (and people in my situation) won't be...
              Last edited by chickod; 03-19-2012, 11:43 AM.

Comment

4 of

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/1976NCfinalpage4.jpg******

Comment

5 of

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/1976NCfinalpage5.jpg******

Comment

6 of

*****http://i470.***********.com/albums/rr63/1995mookie/1976NCfinalpage6.jpg******

Comment

Just thought I'd add a little bit to this, because the news I got is a bit better. BU's athletic department is in talks with NESN to see if the ACC baseball game they are airing is one that they are obligated to show. If not, they are going to lobby NESN to pick up the ESPN syndication for the BU/Minnesota game. They are very hopeful that this will be the case. Also, they noted that Fox Sports North is likely to pick up the game, and if that is the case, they will see if it can be aired on one of the FCS channels locally available through Comcast. The downside to the latter would be the lack of HD availability.

Nothing can be done about Comcast SportsNet because they are contractually obligated to show their MLS game.
                      That would be nice. I believe the Bruins play at 9:00 p.m. (in LA) so that would work. Not sure if Fox Sports North would be available on a "per-game" PPV basis...I don't subscribe to that, but I could check to see...thanks for the info. I'm guessing at some point during the week somebody will make an announcment.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        That would be nice. I believe the Bruins play at 9:00 p.m. (in LA) so that would work. Not sure if Fox Sports North would be available on a "per-game" PPV basis...I don't subscribe to that, but I could check to see...thanks for the info. I'm guessing at some point during the week somebody will make an announcment.
                        Yep, the SID at BU said an announcement would be made on Facebook, Twitter, and on the website when the information is available.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Nothing can be done about Comcast SportsNet because they are contractually obligated to show their MLS game.
                          FS North is likely to pick up both games, North Dakota playing in the first game. SO FS North would pick both of them up. NOW FS North can move the Wild to there Plus channel. We will see during the week.
                          Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
                            FS North is likely to pick up both games, North Dakota playing in the first game. SO FS North would pick both of them up. NOW FS North can move the Wild to there Plus channel. We will see during the week.
                            I would be surprised if FSN did that. If I had to guess the Gophers would be seen on the plus channel.
                            Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                            dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                            wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                              I would be surprised if FSN did that. If I had to guess the Gophers would be seen on the plus channel.
                              Never say never. didn't 1 year the Wild got bump to tape delay, while FS North carry the Gophers vs Holy Cross regional game from Grand Forks. I think you maybe right. But we will have to see.
                              Go Gophers Go.

Comment

• Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                That's what I'm saying. Regarding ESPN3, I have DirecTV. So I cannot GET ESPN3 because you have to subscribe to a cable network, of which DirecTV doesn't count. And regarding syndication, the problem is that anybody who picks up the game locally would be competing directly with the BC game. Given the Boston market, I doubt if they'll do that. Perhaps on tape delay, but that remains to be seen. As you know, it's all about rating and advertising revenue. Just watch Channel 4, 5 or 7 any night of the week. No offense, but it's "BC this" and "BC that." We don't even exist.

I'm not saying it's NOT going to be on...I don't know that yet. But my friend thinks it's not very likely to be on anything BESDIES ESPN3. The Regional FINAL (if we get there) is different, because there are no "conflicting" games - the games are staggered so they will all be on ESPNU.

SO I'm referring to myself...MOST people have cable (as opposed to DirecTV), especially in urban areas. I just like DirecTV because of NFL Sunday Ticket, etc. So I'm not saying you won't be able to see it, just that I (and people in my situation) won't be...
                                I'm pretty sure FSN will pick it up. I live in Milwaukee and get most of their games here (though not in HD) on the FSN+ channel.
                                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Working...
                                X