LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

The best Laker season in 23 years is now over. Hoping we can have success next season. Hoping Saccoman doesn't depart early.

I know next season non-conference Lakers host Denver and Merrimack and play at Michigan. Any other NC opponents?
    Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 03-17-2019, 06:48 PM.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Re: LSSU Lakers 2019 off-season thread

Congratulations to Lake State on a solid season.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Lakers on taking a big step!
      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

I just hope this isn't another 2006-07 season when the Lakers won 21 games that year, went to the CCHA semi-finals but majorly regressed in 2007-08.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
          I just hope this isn't another 2006-07 season when the Lakers won 21 games that year, went to the CCHA semi-finals but majorly regressed in 2007-08.
          The Lakers probably overachieved that season, largely due to the play of Jeff Jakaitis in net. I think this season's team had better overall balance across the forwards, defense and goaltending. Hopefully there won't be much if any drop-off next season. A lot will depend upon how much some of the freshmen and sophomore forwards step up their offensive contributions next season, along with how much offense we'll get from next season's freshmen. It will also help if Saccoman comes back at D for his Senior season. And obviously we're hoping for even bigger and better things next season.

Comment

Final Overall Conference Stats:

Scoring Offense - 123 G - 3rd (by Period 1-34, 2-40, 3-48)
            Scoring Defense - 93 GA - 3rd (by Period 1-37, 2-28, 3-28)
            Penalty Minutes - 12.4 PIM/G - 7th
            Power Play - 17.0% - 5th
            Penalty Kill - 82.7% - 5th
            Special Teams Net - 0 - 5th

Comment

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
              Final Overall Conference Stats:

Scoring Offense - 123 G - 3rd (by Period 1-34, 2-40, 3-48)
              Scoring Defense - 93 GA - 3rd (by Period 1-37, 2-28, 3-28)
              Penalty Minutes - 12.4 PIM/G - 7th
              Power Play - 17.0% - 5th
              Penalty Kill - 82.7% - 5th
              Special Teams Net - 0 - 5th
              Saw that score by periods stat during last week's series. Very impressive that the Lakers scoring increased each period. Speaks well of player conditioning, coaching adjustments, and team depth. Good luck next year! It was fun to watch your team's skating and attacking style.

Comment

Thank you, seniors, for getting the program back on track. I'm excited for the Ashton Calder era. A local kid returning the team to glory would be a good story.

Comment

Whitten should be coach of the year .

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
                    Yeah, I think he'll get some serious consideration for that.

Comment

Hastings and Bergeron had better records, and Potulny had a better conference record, but none of them did more with what they had in the room and exceeded expectations as much as Whitten did. He would get my vote if I had one.

Comment

I would be very surprised and a bit ticked if he didn't get it.

Comment

Player of the Year - Cuglietta or Michaelis?

Comment

As an outside observer and someone that doesn't see LSSU play often, I really think Whitten is building something really good. He was willing to go through a couple of really tough years to transition the program to a fast skating, uptempo team. I think he really has gotten close and, given a good recruit or two to keep pushing it in that direction, we will be seeing you guys near the top of the conference. The future is bright for the Lakers in my mind.

If you look at the top teams in the conference, they all have the ability to play that style. Those in the bottom half play a much more defensive style. My personal belief is that those that are willing to push the tempo and play that style are the teams that will be successful year after year.
                            Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
                              Hastings and Bergeron had better records, and Potulny had a better conference record, but none of them did more with what they had in the room and exceeded expectations as much as Whitten did. He would get my vote if I had one.
                              I agree. LSSU is pretty much dead last when it comes to funding in the WCHA so Whitten deserves major kudos for the Lakers having a top 4 finish.
                              Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 03-19-2019, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X