Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Regardless if we are more like “Dead Men Walking,” this consolidated thread will be a pathway to a more efficient and streamlined approach to delivery of valuable information regarding Nanook and Seawolf Hockey. In the University’s newly found spirit of collegial collaboration, I can only hope that the fan bases interact as harmoniously as our respective Chancellors…until the cameras are turned off and the gloves come off.

This can be a one-stop-shopping thread so:
    1. Alaska and UAA can keep all our rivalry trash talking in one place (not likely).
    2. We all can offer our well thought out and respectful and reasoned comments about the admin’s athletic restructuring efforts and any press releases during the season (not likely).
    3. Alaska and UAA can expand their trash talking about like minded WCHA Teams (highly likely).
    4. It can be a repository for all the whines, *****es, and complaints from other WCHA teams about how far and difficult their travel up north can be and the hardships it creates (again, not likely at all).
    5. This tread is somewhat veto proof unless I decide I’ve had enough of UAA and kick them out of my two team season thread. Harsh, I know, but there is precedent.

Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

UAF just put up their roster this morning:

19 returnees, 29 total
    6 non-seniors gone from last year’s team
    9 Freshmen - 4 from Latvia, 2 from Sweden, 2 from Canada, 1 from Denmark, (4D, 4F, 1G)
    1 Grad transfer - from Merrimack

Looks like Assistant Coach Karlis Zirnis had a busy summer.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post

19 returnees, 29 total
      9 Freshmen - 4 from Latvia, 2 from Sweden, 2 from Canada, 1 from Denmark, (4D, 4F, 1G)

Will Josh Erickson take a bench penalty minor just for old times’ sake?
      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

19 returnees, 29 total

Looks like the six non-seniors who are gone are:

Niko Dellamaggiore
        Matthew Doran
        Chase Ellingson
        Jake Gresh
        Sam Ruffin
        Tony Rehm

Niko (junior) and Rehm (sophomore) were the 3 and 4 goalies and rarely played. The other guys that left were all freshmen last year. Ruffin was the only one with meaningful playing time last season.

At what point do we become Team Latvia?
        Last edited by Squarebanks; 08-29-2019, 05:51 PM.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

We do have an international look.

12 Canadians
          5 Latvians
          3 Swedes
          1 Finn
          1 Dane
          4 Michiganders, 2 Minnesotans, 1 Illinoisan

I don’t know about this…”Some I assume are good people”…

Comment

Thrilled that there has been some positive ground made regarding the Alaskan budget situation, and that there will be Alaska college hockey this season. Looking forward to flying from Boston to Fairbanks in February to take in a game between the two teams, crossing off a big bucket list item for me. Good luck this season!
            "Never tell me the odds"

http://northeasternhockeyblog.com/

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
              Thrilled that there has been some positive ground made regarding the Alaskan budget situation, and that there will be Alaska college hockey this season. Looking forward to flying from Boston to Fairbanks in February to take in a game between the two teams, crossing off a big bucket list item for me. Good luck this season!
              _airbanks in February....... nice............... pack light.
              Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
              UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by NU_Husky View Post
                I get my first Boston experience in October, can’t wait. Enjoy Alaska! It’s a beautiful land and the people are terrific!
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

New Nanooks

Comment

New Nanooks

Not watching your Lil' Darlings here.........unless you are hooked up.....

Alaska Nanooks at Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves Hockey
                    7:00 PM - Wells Fargo Sports Complex, Anchorage, AK, US
                    0 tickets left
                    SAT
                    OCT 26
                    Alaska Nanooks at Alaska-Anchorage Seawolves Hockey
                    5:00 PM - Wells Fargo Sports Complex, Anchorage, AK, US
                    0 tickets left
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                      Not watching your Lil' Darlings here.........unless you are hooked up...0 tickets left
                      So you’re saying moving to the Wells Fargo was just an elaborate scheme to keep Nanook fans from out-numbering Seawolve fans?

Comment

So you’re saying moving to the Wells Fargo was just an elaborate scheme to keep Nanook fans from out-numbering Seawolve fans?
                        Yep.... it will be refreshing .............. Like a private club with manners.

Comment

Oh, this'll be fun.

GFM
                          Geof F. Morris
                          UAH BSE MAE 2002
                          UAHHockey.com

Comment

Yep.... it will be refreshing .............. Like a private club with manners.
                            To be fair, sitting silent year after year doesn’t equate to manners. It’s not our fault you haven't had anything to cheer about over the last 25 years…well, maybe a little.

Comment

Not watching your Lil' Darlings here.........unless you are hooked up.....
                              Now I'll feel better about what FloHockey will soak me since my southern sojourn to Anchorage usually cost me considerably more than their annual subscription.

Comment

Working...
                              X