X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

Continue

Hey, guys, I know I promised to exact revenge on my political enemies during my nationally televised job interview in a pre-written statement, but now I promise that after I am confirmed to a lifetime position on the Supreme Court from which I can never be fired, I will totally not do that.

-- Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Re: SCOTUS 14: Confirming a Rabid Partisan to Own the Libs

So they'll vote for the Republican who probably wants them barefoot and chained to the kitchen?

Have you ever been outside of the liberal northeast?

Maine's in the northeast. Not liberal. New Hampshire's in the northeast. Also not liberal.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Well, I finally get to post.

I could go on and on about Susan Collins, Flake, Machin, and Avenatti and how they're all complete pieces of ****. But, I won't. I will state the one thing I learned from everyone from the President on down about this issue this past week.

If you're a female victim of sexual assault you better have a blue dress. If you don't, don't bother. People saying they believe you and believe him at the same time are lying to you. They believe him.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

trix is from MN...so yes he has been outside the liberal NE

And yeah Scooby...listening to Collins say how she believed Ford then spent 5 minutes doing her best to destroy everything Ford said was the height of hilarity. She couldnt even stab women in the back with any sort of spine she had to try and pretend this was for the better good. (to bring both sides back together) She is, and always has been a fraud.

I have no ill will for Manchin over his vote...though he is a spineless jellyfish. Avenatti...his whole strategy was stupid.

Like I said the Dems have a month to use this. And as my gf said when I told her about the vote (she is out of town) no more staying home, no more third party bs its time for anyone left of center to put up or shut up. Plug your nose, vote D and try and fix this crap. No more purity tests, no more factions...its D or bust. Until things change the only way to win is to play by their rules.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            trix is from MN...so yes he has been outside the liberal NE

And yeah Scooby...listening to Collins say how she believed Ford then spent 5 minutes doing her best to destroy everything Ford said was the height of hilarity. She couldnt even stab women in the back with any sort of spine she had to try and pretend this was for the better good. (to bring both sides back together) She is, and always has been a fraud.

I have no ill will for Manchin over his vote...though he is a spineless jellyfish. Avenatti...his whole strategy was stupid.

Like I said the Dems have a month to use this. And as my gf said when I told her about the vote (she is out of town) no more staying home, no more third party bs its time for anyone left of center to put up or shut up. Plug your nose, vote D and try and fix this crap. No more purity tests, no more factions...its D or bust. Until things change the only way to win is to play by their rules.
            Manchin provided cover and took something away from Democrats. He also while interviewed said he was a West Virginian Boy when asked whether this would affect his status in the Democratic Party. What he should have done, even after voting yes, was stood up for the Democratic Party. Instead he distanced himself.

He's worthless.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Well, I finally get to post.

I could go on and on about Susan Collins, Flake, Machin, and Avenatti and how they're all complete pieces of ****. But, I won't. I will state the one thing I learned from everyone from the President on down about this issue this past week.

If you're a female victim of sexual assault you better have a blue dress. If you don't, don't bother. People saying they believe you and believe him at the same time are lying to you. They believe him.
              ...also, Scoob, it better have been done by a trans person in a public bathroom.

That's the only time Republicans care about sexual assault. Part of why I hesitated to come out for so long was because of trans bathroom panic.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                ...also, Scoob, it better have been done by a trans person in a public bathroom.

That's the only time Republicans care about sexual assault. Part of why I hesitated to come out for so long was because of trans bathroom panic.
                True.

I am hearing that Grassley has stated today that Republican Women do not want to be on the Judiciary Committee because it's too much work.

Comment

Manchin provided cover and took something away from Democrats. He also while interviewed said he was a West Virginian Boy when asked whether this would affect his status in the Democratic Party. What he should have done, even after voting yes, was stood up for the Democratic Party. Instead he distanced himself.

He's worthless.
                  I’ll take him over a republican any day but there’s also zero reason for the party to throw money behind the guy in the primary either.

Comment

He's worthless.
                    He voted against the tax bill and the repeal of Obamacare. We can give him a meaningless symbolic vote in exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      He voted against the tax bill and the repeal of Obamacare. We can give him a meaningless symbolic vote in exchange.
                      No. I won't.

He gets zero money from the party as far as I'm concerned from now on.

And, yes, I would vote for him if I lived there and he was the Democrat running for that seat. Those are two separate things. I also wonder what he would have done if he was the deciding vote.

Comment

And just to reiterate why I feel this way. I have no purity test. But, the fact of the matter is that Judge Kavanaugh without a single sexual allegation against him was not Supreme Court material. And I think the evidence has bore that out. If this were another Gorsuch and Manchin voted for him I would have no issue.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          You’re acting like it’s some great burden for a Democrat to vote against those bills. That says enough about the modern democrat party on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                            I’ll take him over a republican any day but there’s also zero reason for the party to throw money behind the guy in the primary either.
                            Because you spend money to get the best bang for your buck. It's basically the money spent times the difference in the Dem vs Rep for voting in Congress. You also have to weigh the likelihood that dollar will be effective.

$ * (D-R) * Effectiveness = value of that dollar

Effectiveness might be the 100 minus the abs value of the delta in the polls.

You focus your money where you can get the most Congressional vote per dollar. I'm betting it tracks pretty closely with the Trump +/- on 538.

1. Jon Tester - D/2012 - MT - 47.3% delta from expected alignment w/ trump - DSCC spent $4.14 million in that race or 6.7% of their total expenses.
                            2. Sherrod Brown - D/2012 - OH - 40.2% - $7.0M - 11.3%
                            3. Claire McCaskill - D/2012 - MO - 37.4% - $3.9M - 6.2%
                            4. Heidi Heitkamp - D/2012 - ND - 36.3% - $4.5M - 7.2%
                            5. Doug Jones - D/2018 - AL - 32.2% - ??? - ???
                            6. Joe Manchin - D/2012 - WV - 32.0% - $0.0M - 0.0% * $0 in 2012 likely because he was polling +30. So that's where the effectiveness factor comes in.
                            7. Tammy Baldwin - D/2012 - WI - 32.0% - $7.9M - 12.7%
                            8. Joe Donnelly - D/2012 - IN - 28.5% - $4.2M - 6.8%
                            9. Al Franken - D/2012 - MN - 25.9% - $0.0M - 0.0% - Likely because he was polling well but public polls had him at +10-15%
                            10. Jeff Merkley - D/2014 - OR - 24.4% - $0.0M - 0.0% - Won by 20%
                            11. Robert Casey - D/2012 - PA - 24.2% - $0.2M - 0.3% - Won by 9%
                            12. Debbie Stabenow - $0 - Won by 20%
                            13. Gary Peters - D/2014 - MI - 21.4% - $5.0M - 6.8% - won by 13%
                            14. Tina Smith - D/2018 TBD
                            15. Amy Klobuchar - $0 - Won by 35%!!
                            16. Maggie Hassan - D/2016 - NH - 19.4% - $22.2M - 18.7%
                            17. Cory Booker - $0 - Won by 13%
                            18. Ron Wyden - $0 - Won by 33%!
                            21. Catherine Masto - D/2016- NV - 15.3% - $15.3M - 12.9%
                            23. Michael Bennett - D/2010 - 14.5% - $8.5M - 16.3%
                            24. Bill Nelson - D/2012 - FL - 14.1% - $5.0M - 8.0%
                            31. Tim Kaine - D/2012 - VA - 8.6% - $9.0M - 14.5% - ????????? Probably just a raw numbers game here. Protect the seat.
                            33. Chris Murphy - D/2012 - CT - 5.2% - $4.3M - 6.9%

Losses:
                            78. Mary Landrieu - D/2014 - LA - (-9.2%) - $5.1M - 7.0% - Lost by 11.8% :-\ w t f were they spending money here for?
                            79. Baron Hill - D/2016 - IN - (-9.6%) - $12.7M - 10.7% - Lost by 9.7% - more wt f? Both of these top ones are so bizarre since the people who were elected there aren't voting out of line with their state.
                            81. Mark Begich - D/2014 - AK - (-14.2%) - $6.4M - 8.8% - Lost by 2.2%
                            82. Jason Kander - D/2016 - MO - (-12.7%) - $13.0M - 11.0%
                            87. Richard Carmona - D/2012 - AZ - (-23.6%) - $4.0M - 6.3% Fixed
                            88. Bruce Braley - D/2014 - IA - (-19.3%) - $12.4M - 17.1% - Lost by 8.3%, again w t f?
                            94. Deborah Ross - D/2016 - NC - (-33.1%) - $24.3M - 20.6% - Lost by 5.7%
                            94. Kay Hagan - D/2014 - NC - (-33.6%) - $15.0M - 20.7% - Lost by 1.5%
                            97. Katie McGinty - D/2016 - PA - (-35.8%) - $24.8M - 21.0% - Lost by 1.5% - $10.2M in 2010 (Spector) as well. Lost there too.
                            99. Shelley Berkley - D/2012 - NV - (-43.1%) - $5.4M - 8.7% *Lost by 1.2% - Dean Heller is second most out of favor with the Dems relative to his state. Votes with Trump 92% of the time.
                            100. Mark Udall - D/2014 - CO - (-46.5%) - $10.1M - 14.0% - Lost by 1.9%. MOST out of favor with dems relative to the state. Gardner votes w/ trump 90.9%.

*There's always math, so shut up.
                            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 10-05-2018, 07:40 PM.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X