Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNO Mavericks vs. SCSU Huskies-Are the games still on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNO Mavericks vs. SCSU Huskies-Are the games still on?

Here it is Monday already, and no thread for this series. Anybody up for this series? Any UNO fans on the board?

From what I saw of UNO in Omaha, and how they've been doing so far, it looks like an easy sweep for the Mavericks. Da Huskies areapparently incapable of putting 2 winning games together. They either don't have the stamina or motivation to compete strongly 2 nights in a row. They like to play passing drills during games, instead of shooting. They let teams score on the power play, cause they don't hit anybody, they wave sticks at them and hope nothing goes in. Goalies have been inconsistent, lack of shooting, lack of scoring most nights, and W the F else? It's still too early to panic, but it's hard to have a lot of faith in this team based on what we've seen so far.

UNO, however, plays hard and fast, shoots, checks, and keeps on coming. They shoot the puck at every opportunity, create confusion, crash the net, and all the things that make a team fun to watch. Maybe I'll move to Omaha.
    Bob is making me concerned
    I am the voice of reason

Re: UNO Mavericks vs. SCSU Huskies-Are the games still on?

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post

Here it is Monday already, and no thread for this series. Anybody up for this series? Any UNO fans on the board?

From what I saw of UNO in Omaha, and how they've been doing so far, it looks like an easy sweep for the Mavericks. Da Huskies areapparently incapable of putting 2 winning games together. They either don't have the stamina or motivation to compete strongly 2 nights in a row. They like to play passing drills during games, instead of shooting. They let teams score on the power play, cause they don't hit anybody, they wave sticks at them and hope nothing goes in. Goalies have been inconsistent, lack of shooting, lack of scoring most nights, and W the F else? It's still too early to panic, but it's hard to have a lot of faith in this team based on what we've seen so far.

UNO, however, plays hard and fast, shoots, checks, and keeps on coming. They shoot the puck at every opportunity, create confusion, crash the net, and all the things that make a team fun to watch. Maybe I'll move to Omaha.
    Don't let the door hit ya.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Come on over Skeeterman there's plenty of room on the bandwagon for more! From what I saw of SCSU at the Maverick Stampede this should be a sweep for UNO, however anything can happen on the road.
      Unleash the fury!

Comment

I'm looking forward to the games this week even though I'll be out of town and will need to internet stream them if I want to watch them at all.

It was fun to see SCSU here for the Stampede and I'll agree that based on their performance in the Stampede they seem to be hitting a bit of a rough patch but the way UNO played at home did not inspire much confidence for maintaining our best-ever start for much longer.

UNO's biggest problem, at this this weekend, was that while they had the right ideas... their execution was severely lacking and we still have a problem with taking really stupid penalties.

If UNO can stay out of the box and continue to crash the net effectively (and not let breakouts happen) then yes, I can see this being a positive weekend of the Mavs but I would not be surprised at all if we got a split.

I'd guess that's what happens, especially considering it's another road test and we are historically not as effective on the road.

UNO wins Friday / SCSU wins or ties on Sat
        UNLEASH THE FURY!

Comment

Originally posted by Unomaholic View Post

UNO wins Friday / SCSU wins or ties on Sat
          Mavericks can't win Friday. Lee's in net. Blais wouldn't want to hurt Mike's feelings.

Comment

*Slightly off topic*

Sorry to interrupt, but I have a quick question for Omaha fans. I am thinking about attending the UNO vs. UND games in a couple of weeks. What side of the rink does the opposing team attack twice? Section 128 or 113?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

Sorry to interrupt, but I have a quick question for Omaha fans. I am thinking about attending the UNO vs. UND games in a couple of weeks. What side of the rink does the opposing team attack twice? Section 128 or 113?
              The opposing team will attack the net in front of 128 twice

Comment

Originally posted by It's Maverick Hockey Time View Post
                The opposing team will attack the net in front of 128 twice
                That's what I thought, but I wanted to double-check before I purchase tickets. Thanks again!

Comment

Man I want a sweep and keep the train rolling going into the Sue series, but I think our first WCHA loss is at hand. We split.

Comment

Originally posted by LincolnMav View Post
                    Man I want a sweep and keep the train rolling going into the Sue series, but I think our first WCHA loss is at hand. We split.
                    nonsense. We sweep. The boys will inhale whatever is inside of that giant weener blimp before they hit the road and walk all over St. Cloud St.
                    UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Hoping for a sweep, but it's never easy to do that at another barn. Hopefully the Mavs can keep this momentum going.

Comment

Unomaholic is spot on. I don't know what style SCSU plays, but I thought UNO was a bit sluggish in the first period both nights, but they just keep coming.

UNO tends to get the first goal or two or three of the game. If SCSU can score twice in the first period, then they may be able to dictate the style of play, and perhaps frustrate the Mavs.

A couple of pleasant surprises is how well Faulkner has played in net this year, and the boys do a good job of clearing pucks out of harms way, something that wasn't a strength in years past.

Another key component is goals can come from anyone at anytime. On defense, Aneloski has a good scoring touch, and Olimb is a good assistman. All four lines can score.

We'll see how the series go, I'm hopeful for 3 or 4 points, but I expect a split.

Comment

They did it at Mariuchi they can do it again
                          UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

I'm not saying that they CAN'T do it - I think this team can beat anyone on any given night if they play their A game but I really haven't seen their A game since their game against Clarkson and their first game against Minnesota.

Both Mankato games I think there were definite flashes but we played average and made some really bad turnovers and passes.

Add to the generic trouble of playing on the road and I am hoping for a sweep, expecting 3 points, but wouldn't be surprised with a split.
                            UNLEASH THE FURY!

Comment

I agree that the Mavs are in the sin bin way too much. I feel bad that half these guys come from USHL or junior backgrounds (not just for the mavs) where fighting and more aggressive style is allowed, and they have to get accustomed to this.

If UNO could stay out of the box, I think that would help out a ton.

Comment

Working...
                              X