Hats off to Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hats off to Tech

Perhaps this could have been stated on Tech's offseason thread, but that will be up much longer and it seems Tech fans and the team should be given a separate shout out for the year they put together. Many of us older fans look back with a great deal of respect and some fondness at the powerful Tech teams of the mid 70s and before. You have a proud hockey tradition, and it's good to see your team playing up to it.

In the end, we all are in this to watch good hockey. Having Tech back in the game is better for everybody. Hats off.

Re: Hats off to Tech

It was nice to see another good season, with the young talent we have we should be able to build on this next year. The future holds great promise but today still stings.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Most Improved Team without a doubt. Congratulations to MTU for a great season.

Comment

Congrats to Tech on a great turn around. That last gane certainly was a nail biter.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          Perhaps this could have been stated on Tech's offseason thread, but that will be up much longer and it seems Tech fans and the team should be given a separate shout out for the year they put together. Many of us older fans look back with a great deal of respect and some fondness at the powerful Tech teams of the mid 70s and before. You have a proud hockey tradition, and it's good to see your team playing up to it.

In the end, we all are in this to watch good hockey. Having Tech back in the game is better for everybody. Hats off.
          Perfectly stated. Agree 100%
          2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by JLSinGJ View Post
            Most Improved Team without a doubt. Congratulations to MTU for a great season.
            I could definitely see why they're the most improved team in the WCHA, they played a heck of a game today. From 4 wins last year to what they did this year, good luck to them in the future.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

As someone who has been going to tech games since 1985 and seeing the banners hanging of the golden years this year's team and the direction we seem to be headed has me absolutely excited for the future. Watching hockey like this is a new thing... And I'll be sure to have enough vacation stored up for the final five next year
              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

such a great season, great team, great seniors who gave it their all!! better days in our future for sure! being at the Final Five was a blast, so sorry next year is the last. hey, how about DU and Wisconsin joined the Big Ten and the rest of us stay in the WCHA?
                Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Great job MTU! I wish I could have yelled at the ********* Denver fans next to me. Tech is going to be a force to be recogned with!
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    Great job MTU! I wish I could have yelled at the ********* Denver fans next to me. Tech is going to be a force to be recogned with!
                    Denver has fans?
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Congrats to my "Across the Bridge" Yooper neighbors for an excellent turnaround season. Nice to see a strong program emerging again in beautiful Copper Country.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                        Denver has fans?
                        I think there was like 10 fans in the arena and I sat next to two of them.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

yes, Denver had about 20 fans there. sold out the arena!
                          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Congratulations to Mel, the staff and team and taking a big step forward this season!
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Tech is losing some big Seniors in Brett Olson, Jordan Baker, Alex McLeod and Josh Robinson, but the incoming recruits look great and the underclassmen look even better. Two top BCHL scorers will be playing for Tech next year, Jujhar Khaira and Alex Petan, and a top USHL netminder, Pheonix Copley, will be joining Tech. Tech already has several very strong underclassmen that will only get better in the Johnstone brothers, Blake Pietila, Tanner Kero, Ryan Furne, Milos Gordic, Steven Seigo and Dan Sova. Any of these guys could mature into all-americans next year. Mel has done a fantastic job pulling the team out of the funk it was in and bringing in a new style of play. His experience and poise really show. I expect Tech to be in the top half of the WCHA next year and to be a perennial powerhouse in the new WCHA. It's great to see the Mac filled again with enthusiastic fans and I'm looking forward to seeing Tech in the NCAA tourney again in a few years. I can't wait until we get to play Lake State, Northern and Ferris regularly. Hockey in northern Michigan will be rocking with four strong teams, great rivalries and full arenas.

Comment

Working...
                              X