This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Tech Offseason Thread

Wish this wasn't getting posted for another few weeks, but oh well, more wins than the past 3 seasons combined and a lot of very good underclassman leaves promise for next season.
    2005-2006: 7-25-6
    2006-2007: 18-17-5
    2007-2008: 14-20-5
    2008-2009: 6-25-7
    2009-2010: 5-30-1

Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread

Nothing to hang their heads about. Just too bad they couldn't hang onto that lead for another 4:32

GO HUSKIES!

Comment

Originally posted by The Troll mtu86 View Post
      Nothing to hang their heads about. Just too bad they couldn't hang onto that lead for another 4:32

GO HUSKIES!
      I agree with you fully, nothing to hang their heads about this season at all. I just wish I could have been up in Houghton still to see the excitement and get to some of the games. Maybe next year.
      2005-2006: 7-25-6
      2006-2007: 18-17-5
      2007-2008: 14-20-5
      2008-2009: 6-25-7
      2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Thank you Huskies!

Time for seven months of bad sledding.

This fall, The Judge puts on Tech robes, and there's even more talent arriving very soon.

Comment

That's about the most painful way to end a season there is. They have to be viewing this as a missed opportunity.

I'd expect a pretty motivated Tech team next season.
          Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Thank you Huskies!Time for seven months of bad sledding.This fall, The Judge puts on Tech robes, and there's even more talent arriving very soon.
            Nicely done

Comment

Congratulations on a fantastic season. It's great to see the Huskies playing great hockey again. Great game today, Tech can hold their heads high.
              Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
              www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

I wasn't able to listen in at all, so anyone with a short synopsis would be appreciated. I think overall it's far better than I expected and I'm proud of the team the the way they handle themselves is a good representation of MTU athletics. IMHO DU has the most talent in the WCHA by far, and losing to them is no shame. Looking forward to a bright future.
                Thanks to all the players and coaches for putting out such a tremendous effort.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

we played great - it came down to the lucky bounce. sucks for Tech, but it was a great effort. HUSKY DOGS! HUSKY DOGS! ...
                  Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                  "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                  Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                  Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

I'm thinking we will not see Daniel Holmberg and/or Tyler Gubb on the team by the fall, as both seemed to get on Pearson's ****list early in the season, playing in a combined 7 games total. Unless my math is wrong, cutting one or both brings the 2012-2013 roster down to 30 or 29, assuming Heinonen will be off the roster as well.

I would guess Pearson will be OK with retaining ten defensemen, in order to keep ice time competitive and hedge against injuries. Tommy Brown was injured all year and never got a good chance to prove himself. Hyland and Davis are his recruits. Only guy who might be danger of the axe is Cecere, but he managed to play a couple more games than true freshman Davis and did OK. When Fillion entered the lineup, he quickly nabbed almost all of the ice time that probably would've otherwise been split between Davis and Cecere. Barring injuries, regressions, or sudden epiphanies, they probably figure to spend another year competing with Hyland for #7, and waiting for Seigo and Nielsen to graduate.

Finally, if Phillips is told he can register, I'd assume Tromp wouldn't take Corson's practice job. I know Yale did this a couple years back, but does anyone know of a WCHA team in the last 20-25 years who carried four goalies?

Comment

geez. I've still got to go cry into my pillow for awhile before I can move on.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                        geez. I've still got to go cry into my pillow for awhile before I can move on.
                        Typical female.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Typical female.

so true ...
                          Boosh Factor 4

Comment

It was a GREAT nothing to lose season for tMEL with, face it, not very high expectations. He really put an attitude change into the guys, they began to believe and learned they could compete and win. It was the reason for the coaching change because they were Jamie's guys but the atmosphere needed a freshening.

Now we get to see how the recruiting works out for next season (rather not be using those words yet). Tech and tMEL are not going to be a surprise to anyone, not going to be able to sneak up on a team. Will the coaches stay? Updates to the MAC? Changes in off season conditioning, skills, routine and expectations? Planning for the longer term and the changes to come? Seems to be a buzz around the team. The town excited talking, interested in tickets for the next year?

Lots of questions to be answered. Great great season, more then I think most anyone expected. Time for chapter two.

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                              Congratulations on a fantastic season. It's great to see the Huskies playing great hockey again. Great game today, Tech can hold their heads high.
                              Props to the Tech team and Mel Pearson. **** their butt-hurt fans...

Comment

Working...
                              X