X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
    He didn't back out; he is still committed in the event hockey fell thru which was the understanding at the time. That obviously isn't the case as he now has two outstanding offers on the table. Very interesting situation as to why his first offer came from SCSU; I think I can guess but we shall see how this all plays out.
    Is it because of the AHL's highest paid defenseman?
    Originally posted by SCSU Euro
    What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

I never figured out why someone has to "committ" to D-II football. You're not getting a full ride scholy that someone else will take if you don't sign and it's not like there are a limited number of roster spots. If you're good, they'll take you and bump someone else to the practice squad. I think signing on for D-II football is just something for your hometown paper to print.
      Ryan J
      Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
      https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
      Originally posted by geezer
      Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
      Originally posted by manurespreader
      ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

An update on the Mac from Stephen Anderson's twitter -

Mac boards going in soon "a touch ahead of schedule" said Dave Nordstrom. Flooding July 30, 1st rental Aug 4

Plastic came off last Wenesday; puddles not a concern +/- 1/4 inch, just extra water evaporating. Any ?s on the Mac construction?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
          I never figured out why someone has to "committ" to D-II football. You're not getting a full ride scholy that someone else will take if you don't sign and it's not like there are a limited number of roster spots. If you're good, they'll take you and bump someone else to the practice squad. I think signing on for D-II football is just something for your hometown paper to print.
          Ryan J
          most of your college hockey players aren't "full rides" either. In football you're still getting a scholarship for a portion of your school with DII football...I think the max is 75% and MTU is competing against other schools for the leftovers from D1 so they want to get it on paper that someone is playing for them instead of GVSU or UMD, etc.
          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
            An update on the Mac from Stephen Anderson's twitter - Mac boards going in soon "a touch ahead of schedule" said Dave Nordstrom. Flooding July 30, 1st rental Aug 4Plastic came off last Wenesday; puddles not a concern +/- 1/4 inch, just extra water evaporating. Any ?s on the Mac construction?
            Why is the scoreboard still under wraps but the rest has been removed? New boards or glass? Take the rest of the plant is going in nice and easy.

Comment

So are all the compressors and the heat exchange system finished? Is the contractor basically done once the boards are put back?
              Anyone know how the fund raising is going? Pictures would be nice.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Michigan Tech picked up a commitment from the leading scorer of Maple Grove high school. Chris Dilks has pretty high praise for him as a potential mr hockey and draft pick, neither happen but he is a high end Minnesota hockey player. Likely to spend a year or two in juniors.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  yes but then backed out to pursue hockey.
                  My point was he didn't seem to have an issue with the distance or being too close to home when he committed to play football at MTU, that's all.

Comment

Michigan Tech picked up a commitment from the leading scorer of Maple Grove high school. Chris Dilks has pretty high praise for him as a potential mr hockey and draft pick, neither happen but he is a high end Minnesota hockey player. Likely to spend a year or two in juniors.
                    Dylan Steman

MN Hockey Prospects

Speed is the main ingredient in Steman’s success on the ice. He skates with such power for a small player. He has great mobility but excels at taking a direct route to his destination. Can be classified as a hustle player thanks to his hard work and dedication to the game. His high tempo play creates ample scoring opportunities for himself and teammates.

Comment

How many goals did he put up against Blaine at the Coliseum in the Section Finals last year?

edit: looked it up. Only 2. That's a bit disappointing.
                      Last edited by bigblue_dl; 07-09-2012, 10:39 PM.
                      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                        How many goals did he put up against Blaine at the Coliseum in the Section Finals last year?
                        Stat sheet says 2-1-3. Maple Grove won 15-1, FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Stat sheet says 2-1-3. Maple Grove won 15-1, FWIW.
                          Yeah, I knew they put up 15, that's why I asked.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            Yeah, I knew they put up 15, that's why I asked.
                            Right, I was just making it easier for my fellow non-MN posters.

Comment

There are still about 3 other graduated MN high school players that are uncommitted that I'd like to see come up to Tech. I don't think I should be posting names though.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm not sure that's true...and it will be interesting to see how this plays out, I don't think it will be long now before it plays out. I do understand what you mean about football, he did commit with Kearly fully aware that hockey was first.
                                The difference may be in indicating you're going to offer a schol. as compared to actually offering; I'm 99 percent sure SCSU was the first official offer. The interesting part is the lag between the indication and the actual offer and if it will have any repercussions. My guess is the lag would have continued had not SCSU offered. I'll venture he follows family tradition and cousins (Blake, Chad and Tyler H.) and commits to MTU but we shall see.

Comment

Working...
                                X