Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread

Sure, we can prob work something out.
    Shoot me an email and we can discuss.
    Ryan J
    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
    Originally posted by geezer
    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
    Originally posted by manurespreader
    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Stephen Anderson Tweet:

Talked to Pearson for a while today about all kinds of #mtuhky offseason news. I'll tweet several updates at 5 p.m.
      One bit of news is probably the switch to Reebok sweaters for next season, as reported earlier today by THG.

Comment

Anyone know the reason for the switch out of curiosity?
        MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
          Hopefully to get rid of those ugly grey armpit paneling. If your change is the same as North Dakota's you will no longer have dazzle. They changed to Reebok a couple years ago for their current jerseys. The colors seem to pop more with those than their old dazzle. I look forward to seeing what the changes will bring.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
            To make jersey nuts like Ryan buy more jerseys?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pearson go with more of a 'classic' look. Home golds anyone?
            Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 04-04-2012, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pearson go with more of a 'classic' look. Home golds anyone?
              They should go back to the old way of doing things, Golds home and away, don't give a **** about anyone else.
              Originally posted by SCSU Euro
              What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

I much prefer the Gold's to the Black's to tell the truth. Should be interesting to see what it looks like.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

So for the Twitter allergic, these are the relevant tidbits:

• In addition to Gubb and Cecere, McCadden and Heinonen will be leaving the team. McCadden will be transferring like the first two, while Heinonen will continue working on his degree at Tech. "Not cuts...personal decisions".
                  • They're trying to get Bryce Reddick a fifth year of eligibility since he didn't play much before this season, and Pearson thought he made a lot of progress.
                  • Offseason conditioning program is all about strength and quickness. They may try to use the skating treadmill some due to the lack of ice, but Pearson doesn't seem very convinced that it does much good. He noted that it will "not be part of our program" and is strictly optional. He confirmed that they did not use it during the season at all.
                  • Pearson is happy with the returning players at forward and D, and thinks the biggest question mark is probably in goal. Genoe will be a senior, but Copley is "highly touted".
                  • Pleased with Tech's situation going into next season. They'll be a year into implementing the new style of play, and many of the WCHA's best players are leaving early or graduating.
                  • Article with more details coming Saturday

Comment

Interesting fade.

Speaking of style of play, I wonder if we will see additional parts to the style next year that were not in evidence much this year, and that we only saw a small amount of at the very end of the year. . I also think we will go at times, even more up tempo than we did this year. I will bet someone a kbc beer or two that we will start hurting people with the transition game.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Jerseys jerseys jerseys

Stephen Anderson Tweet: ...switch to Reebok sweaters for next season, as reported earlier today by THG.
                      I'm glad someone else leaked it. I really wanted to ask if anyone from the Misfits was ordering jerseys with the team this year, figuring they would have the concept drawings but I didn't want to be the first to say something incase the team was doing some kind of official announcement. I also guessed that indirectly, the team dumping the old jerseys would lead people to the obvious conclusion of a change on their own.

When I was doing the deal with the team, that was the first question I asked - What is the replacement? I too can confirm the team is going with Reebok for 2012-13, however I was told the first sets will have no external Reebok tagging or logos visible. Maybe issues with OT still under contract that couldn't be resolved in time or an "earn your stripes" play by Reebok? I don't know. I didn't really ask too many questions as I figure the info will come out when they are ready to share. If anyone has the concept drawings I would love to see them. A new style of play and new attitude deserves a new look too.

New jersey styles do not at all drive me crazy - it's all good for me because I know they eventually find their way out. Different is good. Honestly, I liked the OT jerseys but seven years of the same style is enough. I really hope at least one of the new jerseys is "outside the box" with a logo crest of some type. I know the script "Huskies" is one of those "eternal" crests that has been around forever, but even folks on here put together some cool crest ideas when we kicked it around a few months back. Especially with the outdoor games next season I really hope they put something new together even if it is a real retro style that they only use once. UPS says the jerseys arrive tomorrow - photos soon.

Unrelated item, I really like the "recuriting grid" at THG. A real logical way of looking at the current and future rosters. When it said "visual look at the future Huskies" I was expecting jersey photos!

Ryan J

Comment

I hope they have a black jersey with a single horizontal gold stripe across the chest, and then have, in black block letters "MCM" written on the gold stripe.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I heard they had considered a design with "NCHC Sux" on the front and "Bi6Ten Butt Hurt" on the Reebok tail, but it got nixed for political reasons.

But seriously, I would like an MCM throwback.

Ryan J

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                            I too can confirm the team is going with Reebok for 2012-13, however I was told the first sets will have no external Reebok tagging or logos visible. Maybe issues with OT still under contract that couldn't be resolved in time or an "earn your stripes" play by Reebok?
                            My guess is that a few years a go the athletic department signed an apparel agreement with Nike so they have to wait for that to expire before Reebok branding can be placed on the jerseys. Since our jerseys have been supplied by OT before this agreement was in place, they may have been grandfathered in the deal.

http://www.michigantechhuskies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18800&ATCLID=204807881
                            Last edited by Flashy Man; 04-05-2012, 07:15 AM.
                            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

CC released their schedule yesterday. Both teams will finish up the '12-'13 regular season with the Tigers' last-ever trip to Houghton on 3/8 and 3/9.

Comment

IF there is striping along the bottom hem, can Reebok and MTU PLEASE make the stripe follow along the bottom instead of the stupid NHL "we refuse to acknowledge our stripes make a tail on the jerseys."

Like the Chicago Wolves jersey that Ryan has in his collection:
                                http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/hockey/ahl/chi38_f.jpg
                                http://www.johnsonsjerseys.net/hockey/ahl/chi38_b.jpg

Because the tail created by teams like the Wings and Blackhawks refusing to follow the hem is stupid.

And if there isn't a bottom stripe, this isn't a problem then.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X