PDA

View Full Version : Jesuits vs Dominicans: BC-Providence at the Semis

Pages : [1] 2

theprofromdover
03-14-2012, 08:22 AM
Will Providence be able to beat BC now that Schaller (?sp) is back? They didn't when they played earlier in the season.

Discuss.

claver2010
03-14-2012, 08:48 AM
Thanks for starting this, looking forward to the best day of the HE season.

The 3-0 game on Friday night at PC was closer than the score, the 7-0 game on Saturday? Not so much.

sterlippo1
03-14-2012, 09:00 AM
Will Providence be able to beat BC now that Schaller (?sp) is back? They didn't when they played earlier in the season.

Discuss.

the first game seems like forever and a year ago. It's amazing how they were a totally different team vs UML than we saw two weeks before . Can one player make so much of a difference? apparently so, they should have swept UML on top of it. Didnt they ding the post twice in OT in game #2?

boblav1
03-14-2012, 04:06 PM
the first game seems like forever and a year ago. It's amazing how they were a totally different team vs UML than we saw two weeks before . Can one player make so much of a difference? apparently so, they should have swept UML on top of it. Didnt they ding the post twice in OT in game #2?
The return of Schaller was a big boost for PC no doubt, but the whole team played great last weekend. They did a great job with the forecheck and clogging up the neutral zone on Lowell and they seemed to win every loose puck. They stuck to a game plan and it worked to perfection. Other than a portion of game # 2 Lowell never really got it going against PC. Yes, Lowell was lucky to escape with a victory in that game.

I'm not sure how things will go against BC but PC played like a totally different team than the one that Lowell swept the weekend before.

MavsFan
03-14-2012, 04:09 PM
DePaul needs to add hockey so you'd have Vincentians to go with the Jesuits and Dominicans.

FiveHole12
03-14-2012, 04:17 PM
I'm actually a bit nervous about this game. Don't like the 5:00 pm start. Don't like that we beat them handily 3 times to zero. Don't like the fact that PC is coming in with momentum and confidence after last weekend. They'll be a tough out.

We'd better bring our A game or we could be sitting home Saturday.
Go Eagles!

P.S. Another meatball served up for Kenny. ;) :p

J.D.
03-14-2012, 04:20 PM
I'm actually not nervous at all really. Not playing a bitter rival and nothing really on the line nationally. If they play poorly and lose, that will certainly grab their attention for the more important tournament to follow. Anyway, I like BC in this one, something like 4-2 or 4-1.

theprofromdover
03-14-2012, 04:37 PM
DePaul needs to add hockey so you'd have Vincentians to go with the Jesuits and Dominicans.

Notre Dame has The Holy Cross order.

Titleist
03-14-2012, 04:51 PM
Someone could drop down to division III and play St. Anselm, Benedictines.

mookie1995
03-14-2012, 06:33 PM
I'm actually a bit nervous about this game. Don't like the 5:00 pm start. Don't like that we beat them handily 3 times to zero. Don't like the fact that PC is coming in with momentum and confidence after last weekend. They'll be a tough out.

We'd better bring our A game or we could be sitting home Saturday.
Go Eagles!

P.S. Another meatball served up for Kenny. ;) :p

Don't forget the like 30 game win streak too that has to end at some point!! :D

amherstblackbear
03-14-2012, 06:41 PM

We already have the Vincentians. Niagara.
Merrimack can represent the Augustinians.

There is actually a college affiliated with Opus Dei. Alas, they don't play hockey.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_Catholic_universities_and_colleges_i n_the_United_States

boblav1
03-14-2012, 06:44 PM
According to twitter, Refs for BC-Providence are Tim Benedetto and Kevin Keenan.
http://twitter.com/#!/smclaughlin9

sterlippo1
03-14-2012, 07:54 PM
We already have the Vincentians. Niagara.
Merrimack can represent the Augustinians.

excellent!

FiveHole12
03-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Don't forget the like 30 game win streak too that has to end at some point!! :D
Nah... that doesn't bother me so much, because win or lose to PC, the rest of the way will be a cakewalk. :p

joecct
03-15-2012, 05:07 AM
Someone could drop down to division III and play St. Anselm, Benedictines.

Technically St. Anselm is D-II. Unlike fellow NE-10 members Lowell and Merrimack, they play down.

Replay officials are Cardinal Burke and Cardinal Levada

claver2010
03-15-2012, 07:42 AM
I'm actually not nervous at all really. Not playing a bitter rival and nothing really on the line nationally. If they play poorly and lose, that will certainly grab their attention for the more important tournament to follow. Anyway, I like BC in this one, something like 4-2 or 4-1.

Agreed on both points. We're a 1 seed no matter what, and staying in Worcester. I like BC 4-1 as well, PC looked like they couldn't score a goal if you gave them a week last time we played -not sure how much a player who would be 11th on our team in points changes that. But hey I've been wrong before.

According to twitter, Refs for BC-Providence are Tim Benedetto and Kevin Keenan.
http://twitter.com/#!/smclaughlin9

Oh officer Benedetto. Always needs the spotlight on him.

PC91
03-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Jesuits are the best priests money can buy!!! ;)

If the game was being played between the Jesuits and the Dominicans then the indigenous people of Central and South America would surely be rooting for the Dominicans!!!! There, I have flamed and it was delicious.......

PS BC is a good team but EVERY one of their fans are terrible and I'm neg repping all of you. Especially Murray!!!

TonyTheTiger20
03-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Jesuits are the best priests money can buy!!! ;)

If the game was being played between the Jesuits and the Dominicans then the indigenous people of Central and South America would surely be rooting for the Dominicans!!!! There, I have flamed and it was delicious.......

PS BC is a good team but EVERY one of their fans are terrible and I'm neg repping all of you. Especially Murray!!!This is a quality post. No sarcasm -- I alol'd.

Well done.

Go-UML
03-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Oh officer Benedetto. Always needs the spotlight on him.I'd rather have him than S. Hansen.

Jon
03-16-2012, 01:00 PM
I'd be more likely to talk trash if:
1. we'd beaten BC this year
2. I wasn't rooting for PC.
3. PC91 hadn't done it for me.

Go indigenous Americans!