X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Hockey 2012-2013

Originally posted by Truth Serum
    Thats pretty pathetic even for the likes of you. Baaa
    What's more pathetic is the continued deletion of your posts. I'm not even sure what you're trying to hide at this point. We all know you have a personal vendetta against LSSU's coach.

Comment

Originally posted by NewLakerfan View Post
      Bill,

I understand that Shkreli left school since he could not play this year. Whether he enrolled somewhere else or will decide to come back next year, didn't hear anything on that.
      Thanks NewLakerfan. If he left LSSU, I doubt he will come back.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory
        Thats a shame. Hate to see injuries derail a career like that.
        Indeed a real shame.

Comment

May have some interesting minutes for some incoming freshmen this season with some openings up front. Always hoping for a diamond in the rough.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
            May have some interesting minutes for some incoming freshmen this season with some openings up front. Always hoping for a diamond in the rough.
            Freshmen will definitely see some minutes on D. We're pretty thin on experience there. Up front, hard to know what to expect; you never know how quickly or how much guys will continue to develop. McKay and Vernace had decent numbers in Juniors. McKay sounds like a guy who improved his game quite a bit last season, but will that continue into this season? Vernace was expecting to play Div 3 but latched on to the Lakers at the last minute when we had one more opening Roque wanted to fill, having lost Jean and Shkreli. What will he do with the opportunity, or is he even good enough to see playing time yet? Schmitt wasn't a big scorer but captain of his NAHL team.

Comment

So the boys are on the ice and getting ready. A few weeks until Ryerson comes in, and we get to knock the rust off. But its still almost a month (well, a little under a month) until the Tech series. Really looking forward to this season. If the goaltending holds up, and the young d-corps can gel quickly, and if we can get some opportunistic scoring, we can put something together.
              Last edited by Lakerblue; 09-20-2012, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Truth Squad
                1988 NCAA Coach of the Year, 1988 NCAA Champion, 1988 CCHA Coach of the Year, 1992 NCAA Champion with his players, 1993 New Jersey Coach of the Year 1999 Roanoke Valley Hockey Hall of Fame Inducee, 2000 Palmetto Cup Champions, 2001 LSSU Athletic HALL OF FAME Inductee.

Frank Anzalone, a Brooklyn, New York, native has been building and guiding successful teams at the professional, collegiate, junior and high school levels since 1980.

Anzalone is currently a lead scout with the Calgary Flames. He also was head coach of the Quad City Mallards for two season, before being recurited by the Flames. He was the Development Coach and college and professional scout in the Lightning organization. Prior to that, he spent the 2005-06 and 2006-07 seasons piloting the Johnstown Chiefs, then the Lightning's ECHL affiliate, to back-to-back playoff appearances. Anzalone had previously coached prospects in the Islanders, Toronto Maple Leafs, San Jose Sharks, Calgary Flames and Ottawa Senators organizations.

In all, Anzalone has directed his teams to nine postseason berths over 12 seasons as a professional coach with the ECHL's Chiefs, Pee Dee Pride, Roanoke Express and Nashville Knights and the American Hockey League's Newmarket Saints and Lowell Lock Monsters. Anzalone has earned numerous accolades for his professional coaching work. Under his tutelage Roanoke made five consecutive ECHL Kelly Cup playoff appearances and he was later inducted into the Roanoke Valley Hockey Hall of Fame. Anzalone served as ECHL Southern Conference All-Star Coach in 2000 and his Pee Dee team won the 2000 Palmetto Cup as the top ECHL team in South Carolina. In the AHL, Anzalone's Lowell squad won the Atlantic Division title in its first year of existence.

Anzalone has also known great success in college hockey. He twice served as head coach at Lake Superior State University, spending a total of a dozen seasons behind the Lakers' bench and directing LSSU to the 1988 NCAA title. Anzalone won more games than any other coach in Lake Superior State history, going 232-225-59 as Laker boss. He was named both the NCAA and Central Collegiate Hockey Association Coach of the Year in 1987-88 and is a member of the Lake Superior State Athletic Hall of Fame. Long time NHL great Doug Weight is the most prominent among a host of players tutored by Anzalone at Lake State who went on to successful pro careers, crediting his success among other star players, to the mentorship of Frank Anzalone.

The Truth Is Out There.....
                TBA
                TBA
                Lead Scout for the Flames? Here is the Calgary Scouting Staff Page. Wouldn't a "lead scout" have his picture on there somewhere? His name maybe? The Palmetto Cup??? Gee he won a season series against a couple AA level rivals, a trophy for the best record in games among THREE TEAMS...woo hoo, next to the Stanley Cup, it doesn't get much better! Of course he got fired at Lowell, Newmarket, Nashville, Roanoke, PeeDee, & Johnstown. He didn't leave the Quad Cities when he was "recruited" by Calgary. The team announced they were going to fold. When they did find new owners, he wasn't invited back. His last five pro season have him right at .500, impressive. His last four college season yielded a total average of 8 wins a season and a major lawsuit. The last time he was a real winner was 99-00, THIRTEEN YEARS AGO, and in none of the nine seasons he coached, was he more than 4 games over .500. Make room in Toronto and Eveleth!!!

The TRUTH is right there...
                Last edited by RapidsCity; 09-20-2012, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lakers2Glory
                  Thats alot of ifs, but I hope you are right. They don't even need to gel right away, they need to be at full steam ahead mode come tourney time. That has been their downfall the last few years. They either peak too early or not at all.

Absolutely. Lots of hope. Big turnover on the blue-line -- but an experienced goalie. Big turnover up front -- at least on the scorer's list. I am hoping to see perhaps a program-wide improvement continue this season. The last few years the team has slowly improved. Maybe the records don't show it. But if I am honest with myself, I see laker fans angry we didn't beat WMU in K'zoo last Spring. A year earlier, we were happy to beat OSU in the first round at home. I see a more interesting team on the ice. I see better passing. I see a more interesting offensive attack. I see better scoring chances for us -- and fewer scoring chances against us. I see good goaltending that, perhaps with experience and maturity and conditioning can be great goaltending. I see a responsible team off the ice. I see a stronger team on the ice. I see better skaters the past two years. i don't see a 3-4 line filled with glorified D-III kids. I see the program building on that foundation with some solid recruits and some great leadership.

So yes -- lots of hope. More hope than hype. Lots of questions. But perhaps there is a good foundation from the past few years.

Comment

Nice testimonial RapidsCity to your bitty buddy, Crazy Frank!!!!! Are you on the payroll? My impression is that Frank has established a reputation for passing through the drive-through of coaching & scouting hockey, oftentimes blowing up the bridges after passing over them. Yes, along the way he had some success, like at Lake State, but he also has earned a reputation of being a callous, abusive,
                    and aloof guy with a definite Napoleon complex. It's nice to have him in our rear view mirror!!!

Comment

2glory, The revised schedule that gets it done in a single phase, still done by first WCHA game, which was the revised target.

Things change along the way. Adding on to a bldg is more complex than building new from the ground up.
                      Having had so little construction on the campus it can be hard to understand the complexities of a big project.
                      The revisions are all designed to get it right vs right now.
                      PS
                      The Norris Center is a busy bldg with many other departments besides athletics impacted by construction. Temporary moves, parking, classes and athletic and other commitments make the process a bit like herding cats. Even in the summer months there are many considerations. We will lock up a big part of the parking lot for construction staging, areas will be inaccessible. All of the headaches with a major home Reno x1000. SO..spending time on a schedule that works for most and a process that is sequential yet budget friendly is a major part of the project. I don't recommend it as a side job. Always interesting though : ) Sometimes at a crawl, sometimes with a couple steps back to revisit an issue, and even occasionally at a decent pace..ya just keep plugging away.
                      Then there are contracts, revisions of contracts, a touch of about four levels of bureaucracy, funds management, "other" issues, risk management, insurance, materials, all while keeping an eye on the budget. Does your hair hurt yet ?The devil is in the details, haste makes waste and any other clichés you want to add. So our apologies if we don't measure up to idle speculation as to where we should be at a given point in time.. In comparison Mr Coates summarized things well, wouldn't you say?
                      Last edited by 3dognight; 09-21-2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dognight View Post
                        The revised schedule that gets it done in a single phase, still done by first WCHA game, which was the revised target.

Things change along the way. Adding on to a bldg is more complex than building new from the ground up.
                        Having had so little construction on the campus it can be hard to understand the complexities of a big project.
                        The revisions are all designed to get it right vs right now.
                        Thanks for the update, 3dognight.

Comment

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject." --Winston Churchill

You people and your constant vitriol never change.
                          Yeah, don't you hate "constant vitrol"? I know I do.

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

SOME SUCCESS????? How about...

The Truth Is Out There....
                            TBA
                            TBA
                            Anzalone:
                            01-02: 8-27-2 (.243)
                            02-03: 6-28-4 (.211)
                            03-04: 9-20-7 (.347)
                            04-05: 9-22-7 (.329)

Comment

LOL...did Truth Squid say St. Frank is the "lead scout" for the Calgary Flames??

He is their college scout.

Comment

Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                                Anzalone:
                                01-02: 8-27-2 (.243)
                                02-03: 6-28-4 (.211)
                                03-04: 9-20-7 (.347)
                                04-05: 9-22-7 (.329)
                                Franks worse enemy has always been himself, but in all honesty,Frank took over a team in his second go around that was not going to win at the Division 1 level. That doesn't mean had he had a better team the results would have been different being the fact that Frank can be his own downfall .

Comment

Working...
                                X