Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Hockey 2012-2013

Originally posted by Truth Squad
    It's too bad both Frank Anzalone and Joe Shawhan weren't given that chance to complete their rebuilding project. There were well on their way, as evidence from Roque's first two years and having Shawhan as an assistant. He has been given twice as long and look at where the Lakers are now. 6 straight bottom division finishes, dwindling attendance, and a program that is mired not only in mediocrity but more towards the cellar.

The Truth Is Out There....
    TBA
    I think it's too bad that some players and former players have total d-bags for parents and they can LET IT GO. I feel bad for Nik Sellers that his dad is a ******. I feel that we should all try to get Nik to come back to the Soo for a "hug for every day your dad is a dink day". Poor kid.
    THE TOOTH WILL SET YOU FREE
    TNA
    TNA

Comment

Could someone tell me where I would get archived college hockey statistics. Not just for LSSU but for all of college hockey. I want to be able to get schedules and opponents and things like that from years ago. I know it must exist because a couple of months ago I read on another teams area that LSSU had the weakest NON-CONFERENCE strength of schedule in the country the last two years and that this year three of their opponents were in the bottom five in the country and I think it said none were in the top half of the country. My problem is that I didn't even know where to go to see who the Lakers played two years ago. I doubt this could be true because I know we played Duluth who won the championship two years ago and MTU but I can't even remember how bad the Huskies record was. I want to check something out so please help if someone can.

Comment

Originally posted by DM2SM View Post
        Could someone tell me where I would get archived college hockey statistics. Not just for LSSU but for all of college hockey. I want to be able to get schedules and opponents and things like that from years ago. I know it must exist because a couple of months ago I read on another teams area that LSSU had the weakest NON-CONFERENCE strength of schedule in the country the last two years and that this year three of their opponents were in the bottom five in the country and I think it said none were in the top half of the country. My problem is that I didn't even know where to go to see who the Lakers played two years ago. I doubt this could be true because I know we played Duluth who won the championship two years ago and MTU but I can't even remember how bad the Huskies record was. I want to check something out so please help if someone can.
        You can try www.collegehockeynews.com and then drill down through the Stats link. You have to play around with it a bit to get different options/results. That will probably give you what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by DM2SM View Post
          Go to the "Team History" button on your school's USCHO page and you can go year by year and find schedules, results and stats.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
            Any updates on the Norris Center project? The lack of news worries me a little bit.

Coming along nicely. Money is coming in . . . . needs more. Lots of giving options.

https://www.lssu.edu/foundation/fund/challenge.php

https://www.lssu.edu/foundation/giving/compform.php

http://www.lssu.edu/foundation/pavers/

http://www.lssu.edu/foundation/giving/givingtolssu.php

This is the contact information for the people in power for the Norris Center Project:

Kris Dunbar
            Jim Roque
            Thomas Coates
            Larry Westby

kdunbar@lssu.edu
            jroque@lssu.edu
            tcoates@lssu.edu
            lwestby@lssu.edu

Comment

The Architect and General Contractor have decided it would be best to draw all plans for all phases of the project, and obtain all permits at one time.

This will help coordinate bids and reduce delays and site problems during construction. They are developing a construction schedule which has the project complete for the beginning of WCHA season (original completion target).

It is a tricky build as the Norris Center will remain open throughout construction. ( including SAC and classrooms) More planning now = better build.

That is the latest info.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dognight View Post
                The Architect and General Contractor have decided it would be best to draw all plans for all phases of the project, and obtain all permits at one time.

This will help coordinate bids and reduce delays and site problems during construction. They are developing a construction schedule which has the project complete for the beginning of WCHA season (original completion target).

It is a tricky build as the Norris Center will remain open throughout construction. ( including SAC and classrooms) More planning now = better build.

That is the latest info.
                Are we then to assume that construction will not start this spring and summer after all then?

Comment

No real assumptions to be made, we had some tentative info which changes as the project develops.(Since it is May..spring is out).
                  That is why I seldom discuss preliminary projections. The changes all lead to a better final product.

We will know more in July when architect / builder provide an update and a proposed construction schedule.
                  Most likely we will next update when that schedule moves from proposed to approved.

www.norriscenterproject.com will have updates as they become available.
                  Last edited by 3dognight; 05-03-2012, 11:53 AM.

Comment

The Spring press release on recruits is out. Looks like the author didn't believe the junior roster info on the 2 latest recruits and lists them as 6'0" rather than their 6'5" roster size.

http://www.lssulakers.com/sports/m-h..._2012_recruits

Comment

I saw McKay at the Banquet and he every bit as tall as Buddy.
                      BLEED BLUE

Comment

Thank you for the updates 3dognight.
                        LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

You people up there are so predictible.
                          Thanks for being the unpredictable free spirit that you are, TS.

"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" --Winston Churchill

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

You people up there are so predictible.
                            "Up there"?

Is Auburn Hills "up there"? Is Bill "up there"?

Man, you're stupid in geography and hockey??

Comment

Originally posted by Alton View Post
                              Thanks for being the unpredictable free spirit that you are, TS.
                              Unpredictable? It must be your first time reading LSSU threads. He posts the EXACT same thing over and over and over and over.......

Comment

• Originally posted by DopeyBaker View Post
                                Unpredictable? It must be your first time reading LSSU threads. He posts the EXACT same thing over and over and over and over.......
                                Whooosh.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X