X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Official UNH Wildcats Offseason Thread 2012

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
    http://unhwildcats.com/sports/mice/2012-13/schedule
    Not linked on the unh website but out of curiosity, I changed the date from this past season to next and whaddaya know....
    Nice work.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Thanks, Wildshawn.

I really like this schedule much better than last year's, especially the OOC part. Perhaps I will fly out to Colorado to visit my brother for Thanksgiving and take in the CC and DU games.

Comment

I feel very positive about this schedule as well. This past years was just strange, and annoying.
        Hopefully we get some good games on tv. Hopefully we sign on with WBIN again, as well as some national ones.

Comment

I agree about WBIN and in addition to the usual NESN games some of those Sunday games will probably end up on CBS college sports.

Originally posted by Saetia22 View Post
          I feel very positive about this schedule as well. This past years was just strange, and annoying.
          Hopefully we get some good games on tv. Hopefully we sign on with WBIN again, as well as some national ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by smitre View Post
            I agree about WBIN and in addition to the usual NESN games some of those Sunday games will probably end up on CBS college sports.
            Woo... More cameras in front of my seat!
            UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              Thanks, Wildshawn.

I really like this schedule much better than last year's, especially the OOC part. Perhaps I will fly out to Colorado to visit my brother for Thanksgiving and take in the CC and DU games.
              Ditto. My sister and her husband are in Arvada.

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                Josh Ciocco will get his chance to be a college coach in the not too distant future. His extensive knowledge of college hockey and young prospects is evident from his work on NESN and articles he writes for US Hockey Report. Ciocco just finished his first season as an Assistant Coach at Milton Academy. He has also been a long-time coach at Coach Umile's Summer Camp. The timing wasn't optimal for Ciocco to replace Coach Lassonde last year. Umile needed a coach to lead the defense, penalty kill, and integration of the goalies. That's not Ciocco's strength. To be fair, Associate Coach Tortorella did a very good job in his first season at UNH. The team defense, penalty kill, and goaltending developed into strengths as the season progressed.
                I know I'm late to the party.
                Rumor was that Ciocco was slated to be the new D coach, but was asked last minute to wait it out another year in the prep league.
                Hit Somebody!

Comment

Are you implying that Ciocco is in line to be a UNH assistant this season (or soon)? Another UNH deferral - lets hope it works out better for coaching candidates than it has for players...
                  Live Free or Die!!
                  Miami University '03

Comment

Originally posted by Umileated View Post
                    I know I'm late to the party.
                    Rumor was that Ciocco was slated to be the new D coach, but was asked last minute to wait it out another year in the prep league.
                    Umile said in some public comment that Tortorella just called him out the blue. He was surprised at the call and that after so many years as head coach running the show at Colby that Jim was interested in comming back. Umile said it was hard to pass up all that experience.

That story with the out of the blue call would fit with looking at Ciocco and then deferring him...
                    "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Wow...Umile is "deferring" coaching candidates as well as potential players.

Umile should consider "deferring" his compensation for one year.
                      UNH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                        I think they did that already. His big pay day a couple years back was when the University paid off a bunch of deferred compensation.
                        "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                          Wow...Umile is "deferring" coaching candidates as well as potential players.

Sorry guys - guess the last minute deferral was an overly veiled joke.

Although, what might do Ciocco some favors in the coming years is to do exactly what he's doing. Part of Umile's tenure is attributed to his presence as a figure head, and consequent ability to network the hockey community and bring in other monies. The more time Ciocco spends at NESN and other tiers like prep and maybe even D3, the better he'll compare to that part of the job.
                          Hit Somebody!

Comment

Originally posted by Umileated View Post
                            Sorry guys - guess the last minute deferral was an overly veiled joke.
                            Haha - a good one though! The fact that everyone missed the joke is a nice commentary on what's happend over the last few seasons...
                            Live Free or Die!!
                            Miami University '03

Comment

"Nashville Predators fans throw fish on the ice".

What a novel idea.

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=35&id=176405

Comment

Following a brief stint with the Connecticut Whale (AHL), Stevie Moses has signed with the Helsinki Jokers/Jesters of the Finnish Elite League.
                                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X