Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Your Team's Not In Lake Placid, Who Are You Rooting For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Your Team's Not In Lake Placid, Who Are You Rooting For?

I think I'm going to have to root for Amherst, just because they are the "new kids on the block" as far as Frozen Fours are concerned. I haven't seen this team in several years, so it'll be interesting to get a look at them.

Re: If Your Team's Not In Lake Placid, Who Are You Rooting For?

The Lady Cards
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Norwich, and the Lady Cards.
      Plattsburgh CARDINALS
      SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
      ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
      NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
      NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
      NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
      NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Both teams that lost to Utica this year!
        2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
        2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
        2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
        2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
        2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
        2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
        2009 D-III TOP runner-up
        Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
        1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

Of course, I would also be happy if Derek's current college institution of higher learning did well.
          Last edited by UCBadger; 03-12-2012, 08:34 PM.
          2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
          2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
          2009 D-III TOP runner-up

Comment

Plus, there is, I understand, one team from Wisconsin there. They are OK in my book also.
            2009 D-III TOP runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by UCBadger View Post
              Of course, I would also be happy if Derek's current college institution of higher learning did well.
              Plus, there is, I understand, one team from Wisconsin there. They are OK in my book also.
              Four teams. Not bad. I guess your one up on Prez. My mistake two teams up!!

Comment

That said, I am really rooting for Boots to have two hat tricks (with at least two shorthand goals) for Oswego and the game winning goal for two(!) games. (And I would still most likely lose to Prez in FHL.)
                2009 D-III TOP runner-up

Comment

Im pulling for the team that lost to Utica then spanked them at home

Comment

I would root for Oswego, (SUNYAC supremacy), however a few of the fans I had to deal with at the last game at the CC weren't very nice (some Oswego fan tried to skip between my wife and I and after I calmly told him I was with her, he got quite attitudish with me and said because I am from Plattsburgh I will do whatever I want.") I haven't ever had an issue with Norwich fans. Two years ago at Lake Placid we met a very nice Norwich couple at our hotel and a few more at the rink and pizzeria. So I think I will root for them. And before an uproar starts, I definitely know not ALL Laker fans act as such; most likely none of the posters on here do!

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                      Im pulling for the team that lost to Utica then spanked them at home
                      I'm good with that!
                      Last edited by UCBadger; 03-12-2012, 09:20 PM.
                      2009 D-III TOP runner-up

Comment

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
                        I would root for Oswego, (SUNYAC supremacy), however a few of the fans I had to deal with at the last game at the CC weren't very nice (some Oswego fan tried to skip between my wife and I and after I calmly told him I was with her, he got quite attitudish with me and said because I am from Plattsburgh I will do whatever I want.")
                        Most of the jug heads that do stuff like that are only at the game because it is a rivalry and is promoted all over the place as such. They couldn't tell you a single player on either team and might not even know what the rules of the game are. They just go to that game and act like a moron, then return back under the rock they came from.

Comment

The Semis are simple, I will root for Oz and Wick, then the toss-up round! I just want it to be a good game and I probably won't know who I am going to root for in the final until the puck drops! They are both RIVALS!! No matter what some people say.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
                            The Semis are simple, I will root for Wick and Oz, then the toss-up round! I just want it to be a good game and I probably won't know who I am going to root for in the final until the puck drops! They are both RIVALS!! No matter what some people say.
                            Fixed your post to put things in chronological order
                            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Changed my sig Saturday night, sticking with it.
                              Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
                              A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
                              A Handful of ECAC West Championships
                              A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
                              Some National Championships:
                              Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
                              Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

Working...
                              X