Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Final Five Quarterfinals: St, Clooud vs. Fighting Whioux

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
    meh. We are 3-1 against both the Whioux and Jan, we don't need no stinkin' overtime games to put a beat down on these two.

Edit: Although just playing against us will be Jan's NC.
    When was the last time the Gophers won a game at the X?
    Originally posted by SJHovey
    Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
    Originally posted by Brenthoven
    We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Even the Friday night Gophers could probably beat a UND team that played 3 games the night before.
      MN played pretty well against UND in all four games this season. Typically flat Friday night efforts simply don't apply when facing that particular rival.

To the trolling JBSU fan, I say this: when was the last time your team won a MacNaughton?

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
        MN played pretty well against UND in all four games this season. Typically flat Friday night efforts simply don't apply when facing that particular rival.

To the trolling JBSU fan, I say this: when was the last time your team won a MacNaughton?
        Who's trolling? He came into a thread that has nothing to do with his team and trotted out his old, tired trope about how playing the Gophers is the National Championship for SCSU.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
          As opposed to having Blood punch someone in the back of the head when they are looking?
          Much more whioux like to do it in the back of the head, wouldn't want it to be a fair fight you know.
          SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
            Much more whioux like to do it in the back of the head, wouldn't want it to be a fair fight you know.
            kind of like marvin huh?

Comment

meh. We are 3-1 against both the Whioux and Jan, we don't need no stinkin' overtime games to put a beat down on these two.

Edit: Although just playing against us will be Jan's NC.
              There's nothing like a good beatdown:

"The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

You don't seem to have the mental capacity to understand my question. Not surprising, so I guess I'll attempt to explain it to you. Isn't it assumed that the player won't be looking if he's punched in the back of the head? How can he be looking? Does he have eyes in the back of his head?
                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Garrett Milan F L 5-6 160 Fr. 4/5/91

I'm sure Blood is counting down the seconds for the hand shake line.

You don't seem to have the mental capacity to understand my question. Not surprising, so I guess I'll attempt to explain it to you. Isn't it assumed that the player won't be looking if he's punched in the back of the head? How can he be looking? Does he have eyes in the back of his head?

When the Whioux are around that might not be a bad idea.
                  Last edited by Husky4Life; 03-14-2012, 11:05 AM. Reason: Because Dirty is UGLY
                  SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    this lack of mental capacity seems to be a reoccurring theme among jan fans

Comment

Garrett Milan F L 5-6 160 Fr. 4/5/91

I'm sure Blood is counting down the seconds for the hand shake line.
                      5'6" is very generous. My wife who is is 5'6" was standing next to him and she was clearly taller.

Comment

• Originally posted by Duder View Post
                        5'6" is very generous. My wife who is is 5'6" was standing next to him and she was clearly taller.
                        Must be 5'6 with skates! I hope in the handshake line he headbutts Blood in the balls.

Huskies Win DAMMIT!
                        tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                          playing the Gophers is the National Championship for SCSU.
                          True, it is.

Comment

Maybe the puke green snakes can slither back to their oily prairie and sod huts to enjoy their mashed peas and lutefisk in the septic system of the Red River known as Grand snake tongues.
                            Kristo oil can simmer, Lamo or Lame-o can curl that one tuft of hair on his bare skull and Blood can bleed out to the leeches that infest that cesspool up there during their offseason.
                            Minnesota can celebrate that the puke green ooze has been successfully eradicated from our capital.

Comment

True, it is.
                              Keep telling yourself that.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
                                Maybe the puke green snakes can slither back to their oily prairie and sod huts to enjoy their mashed peas and lutefisk in the septic system of the Red River known as Grand snake tongues.
                                Kristo oil can simmer, Lamo or Lame-o can curl that one tuft of hair on his bare skull and Blood can bleed out to the leeches that infest that cesspool up there during their offseason.
                                Minnesota can celebrate that the puke green ooze has been successfully eradicated from our capital.
                                That's awesome. I've never heard of anyone calling Lamoureux "Lamo".
                                North Dakota
                                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X