Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

His assist total from last season (29) is impressive. He was also his team's MVP.

Comment

• Re: University of Vermont off-season thread, ( Let the Zemgus Girgensons Era Begin! )

A cool article on the UVM rink staff preparing the Gut for the Women's Championships!

http://uvmathletics.com/documents/20...nkMagazine.pdf

Charter Member of the Catamount Hockey Bandwagon! GO CATS GO!

Comment

According to the Penn State schedule we are playing them in Philadelphia at the Wells Fargo Center. That's interesting. Sneddon generally only seems to schedule WCHA or CCHA non-league teams, plus the ECAC. Nice to see. Its a home game for Lukko and McCarthy, their families must be happy. Hope the rest of the schedule is out soon. It's going to be a good year.

Comment

Probably a doubleheader with the Flyers.

Comment

According to at least one "poll," the Cats are going to be starting their season with two games against the #1 team in college hockey. Surprised to see they have BC all the way down at #6.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...10for13_teams/

We need some news! Didn't some high-ranking UVM official state during the women's world championship that there would be some news soon on the new arena? C'mon somebody write something about UVM hockey.....

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
              According to at least one "poll," the Cats are going to be starting their season with two games against the #1 team in college hockey. Surprised to see they have BC all the way down at #6.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...10for13_teams/

We need some news! Didn't some high-ranking UVM official state during the women's world championship that there would be some news soon on the new arena? C'mon somebody write something about UVM hockey.....
              We don't open the season with Minnesota we play them over Thanksgiving. BC lost their best defensemen and best forward plus so other high end players so no surprise there.

UVM I honestly believe will be much improved. The offseason they got back to down and dirty. Guys seems to be buying into that and I know coach worked hard to establish consistency with the stregnth and conditioning that has been lax since Goodman left.

Lost, Stalberg up front but adding McCarthy, Zemgus and Fallon is huge, plus a healthy Brickley. That is gigantic. Goal seems to be solid, and although Madore was a terrific kid, he was horrendous as a goal tender last year and that is an improvement. Losing MacKenzie hurts, but we have a young group who seem very cohesive at times which will definately improve.

Four more months til hockey!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by HOCKEYGUY23 View Post
                We don't open the season with Minnesota we play them over Thanksgiving.
                Didn't realize that -- my bad. I assumed it would be the same as Denver 2 and 3 years ago, and Minnesota last year. Still though, we'll be playing an elite non-conference foe early in the season -- let's hope the guys are prepared for that.

Goal seems to be solid
                Really? How do you figure that? Although I'm really excited about the guys we have coming in, particularly Brody Hoffman, the Alberta Junior League, or the British Columbia Hockey League, is a far cry from Hockey East, especially for a position as exposed as goalie. Although Hoffman and/or Faust certainly have the potential to shore up the goalie position, it might take a while to get their feet under them. And playing Vezzano, our only goalie with any D-1 experience, is not a comforting thought. I think we'll eventually be just fine in goal, but I wouldn't say we're "solid" right now.

Comment

We don't open the season with Minnesota we play them over Thanksgiving.
                  FYI - I'm not sure if it's the season opener for UVM but they will be in Lowell for a game on the weekend of October 14.

Comment

Zemgus on the left with his new tattoo:

*****https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/385698_443189719027647_100000098687340_1670101_909 971039_n.jpg******
                    Black and Blue: The Unnoficial Lincoln Stars Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Yeti View Post
                      Zemgus on the left with his new tattoo
                      Why?.....

Comment

More good news coming your way...
                        @smclaughlin9: Former BU recruit Robert Polesello is going to UVM this fall
                        Listed here.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Re: Girgenson
                          https://***********/MarkEdwardsHP/st...78528923488256
                          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                            Great. The title of this thread might be obsolete in a month and a half.

Comment

Any word on Polesello? I am curious why he is not still heading to BU, but I am making the assumption that if he is good enough for them, he is certainly good enough for us.
                              Plattsburgh '11 Go Cards.
                              National Champions 1992, 2001
                              21 SUNYAC Championships

Norwich University
                              National Champions 2000, 2003, 2010

University of Vermont
                              Future National Champions 201?

Comment

Originally posted by VermontfaninNY View Post
                                Any word on Polesello? I am curious why he is not still heading to BU, but I am making the assumption that if he is good enough for them, he is certainly good enough for us.
                                US Hockey Report has all the details:
                                http://ushr.com
                                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X