PDA

View Full Version : Pro Contract Signings

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

4four4
03-19-2012, 06:02 PM
If the Wild had been a bit less injury prone, they may have been a 7th or 8th seed this year. Zucker is but one piece of the talent puzzle for the Wild going forward: they need more top end talent and more depth of talent in the system.

I have no idea on Zucker's desire level to leave DU but I can't see him (or any player) wanting to leave so badly that they'd sign right before the NCAA tournament and bail on their teammates.

I agree he is not going to sign a contract before the NCAA. The Wild would have made the playoffs if everybody would have remained healthy they had something like 48 players who played for the Wild this year, an NHL high. They have Chris Coyles formerly of BU and the Q and others in the system. IMO, the future looks bright for them.

duper
03-19-2012, 06:23 PM
I think Zucker is talented, but the number of players who come out of college and immediately, individually make the difference between not playoffs and playoffs? Pretty small. Now, I know nothing of the Wild, so if they had injuries keep them out of the playoffs, that changes things. A bit. My thing is, regardless of the player, there isn't much chance that one particular rookie turns a team around. And with history as an indication, the vast majority of college players, especially the ones who are the 2nd best forward on their college team, don't make the NHL squad in their first season.

So, I really hope that by some miracle Zucker decides to play one more year for Denver, because here he could be the difference between a Frozen Four participant and a National Champion. And if I were not a DU fan, but was a Wild fan, sure, I would be looking forward to seeing how he does. But I can think of a lot of players who took college hockey by storm, and went on to become DECENT NHL'ers.

Thiessen'sBetter
03-19-2012, 07:52 PM
Merrimack's Jesse Todd and Ryan Flanigan sign ATO's with Springfield of the AHL

unomavfan
03-19-2012, 11:57 PM
Surprised to see Broadhurst go, his brother is playing for UNO next year thought he might stay for his senior year. Good luck to him though!

Dude Love
03-20-2012, 04:05 AM
Saw on Twitter that SCSU's David Eddy has left early.

capeshamrock
03-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Merrimack's Jesse Todd and Ryan Flanigan sign ATO's with Springfield of the AHL

Love this signing. Both are honest hard working good players. I expect tboth will stay with Springfiled. I have always thought of Flanigan as one of HE Top players.

First Time, Long Time
03-20-2012, 10:12 AM

looks like it's wirh the Flames.
Travis Novak has signed with Hamilton.

Happy
03-20-2012, 11:02 AM
So I'm curious. Do you believe that Zucker will make the Wild a playoff team next year? If so, would you like to buy this bridge I own in California? I'll sell it to you cheap. It's bright red, real purty. Or are you just trying to get a rise out of Denver people? If so, do you feel that you're somehow succeeding? My impression of you is that you're the world's worst troll. But I admit, I could be wrong. You might just be an idiot.

zucker cannot make the wild any worse, and the wild can play him 9 nhl games before they burn a year off the rookie contract. so it's a win-win for the wild to sign him, and get some NHL games in him. It sucks for denver.

vizoroo
03-20-2012, 11:29 AM
zucker cannot make the wild any worse, and the wild can play him 9 nhl games before they burn a year off the rookie contract. so it's a win-win for the wild to sign him, and get some NHL games in him. It sucks for denver.
Zucker has not signed a contract. JZ is playing for DU this weekend and if mojo is with us 2 more games in April.

ronmexico
03-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Zucker has not signed a contract. JZ is playing for DU this weekend and if mojo is with us 2 more games in April.

Mojo left Denver the second he heard Tebow was leaving.

Maybe the team can meet back up with him in Green Bay? :)

MoFan
03-20-2012, 01:08 PM
If the Wild had been a bit less injury prone, they may have been a 7th or 8th seed this year. Zucker is but one piece of the talent puzzle for the Wild going forward: they need more top end talent and more depth of talent in the system.

I have no idea on Zucker's desire level to leave DU but I can't see him (or any player) wanting to leave so badly that they'd sign right before the NCAA tournament and bail on their teammates.What about Zidlicky giving a crap? That would have helped as well.

turk181
03-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Anyone have any idea/guess where Doug Jones from Dartmouth will end up? Any rumors out there? Thanks in advance.. Gwinnett Gladiators of the ECHL http://www.gwinnettgladiators.com/site/news/article.asp?art=2314

Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres.
03-20-2012, 06:50 PM
Riley Sheahan has foregone his senior year at ND and signed with the Wings.

Agganis
03-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Breaking News:
Charlie Coyle left BU early.
So did Corey Trivino.
Max Nicastro may have as well.

steve66
03-20-2012, 08:59 PM
Breaking News:
Charlie Coyle left BU early.
So did Corey Trivino.
Max Nicastro may have as well.

As usual BU fans are idiots

duper
03-20-2012, 10:43 PM
zucker cannot make the wild any worse, and the wild can play him 9 nhl games before they burn a year off the rookie contract. so it's a win-win for the wild to sign him, and get some NHL games in him. It sucks for denver.Absolutely. I don't doubt that he will finish this season with the Wild. Why the hell not? He might turn out to be like Stastny, and just be suited to the NHL game.

Mojo left Denver the second he heard Tebow was leaving.

Maybe the team can meet back up with him in Green Bay? :)Who's Tebow? Someone told me he played for the Broncos, but I checked WMU's roster and I can't find anyone named Tebow.

Map Man
03-20-2012, 10:49 PM

Yep. David Eddy is leaving early signing with Calgary.

Agganis
03-20-2012, 10:51 PM
As usual BU fans are idiots

So they are still on the team? They must've been playing poorly recently, I haven't noticed them.

4four4
03-20-2012, 11:37 PM
What about Zidlicky giving a crap? That would have helped as well.

He defiantly lost a step or two. IMO, his days in the NHL might be numbered.

Almington
03-21-2012, 12:06 AM
He defiantly lost a step or two. IMO, his days in the NHL might be numbered.

At least he is the NJD problem now.