PDA

View Full Version : 2012 WCHA Final Five

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

The Rube
03-13-2012, 05:37 PM
They sold out the last Johnny show there, which was, I believe Dec. 28th. And that happens to people pretty often, when they don't realize that there is a ticketed show going on, since they almost always sell out the shows that they pre-sell tickets to.

This is going to be a sh*show, I think, with it being St Pat's Day, too. And our bartender is working of course; I made sure to ask.

goldy_331
03-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Obvious Johnny Holm newbee.

Ummm, the F5 final is once per year and only twice more. The Johnny Holm Band plays somewhere in the metro (or close enough) at least once a month, usually a couple times a month.

The Rube
03-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Ummm, the F5 final is once per year and only twice more. The Johnny Holm Band plays somewhere in the metro (or close enough) at least once a month, usually a couple times a month.

And I refuse to be in St Paul on St Pat's Day, especially for an F5 Saturday. It's barely passable on a weekday.....

Dirty
03-13-2012, 05:44 PM

But he so rarely plays at Toby Keith's where Brent, bigblue and the rest of the Boyfriend's Bunch can get their drunk on and then brag about it the next day in the false belief that anyone else cares.

HumRsky
03-13-2012, 05:50 PM
Your loss. Johnny is a legend.
He played my senior Prom. He was good, but I wouldn't have called it legen...wait for it...dary.

state of hockey
03-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Johnny is fun and all, but I'll pick the F5 every time. St. Patrick's Day or not.

The Rube
03-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Johnny is fun and all, but I'll pick the F5 every time. St. Patrick's Day or not.

Even if Holm wasn't playing, I would have gone to some suburban bar on Sat. Holm was just a nice bonus.

Duder
03-13-2012, 06:33 PM
He played my senior Prom. He was good, but I wouldn't have called it legen...wait for it...dary.

He played my senior prom too, is he legendary for Proms?

Biddco
03-13-2012, 07:50 PM

Not to mention this is the second to last one! So it is way rarer than a Johnny Holm Concert.

Sure St. Paul on St Patricks Day will suck... But it is more than worth it.

I am going to assume Brent is assuming UMTC will not be in the Championship game

Dirty
03-13-2012, 07:51 PM
Not to mention this is the second to last one! So it is way rarer than a Johnny Holm Concert.

I am going to assume Brent is assuming MTU will not be in the Championship game

Fixed that for you, my teacher-like friend.

goldy_331
03-13-2012, 08:07 PM

Ummm, the F5 final is once per year and only twice more.

Just like to repeat stuff, or reading comprehension isn't taught at UMD? :p

Biddco
03-13-2012, 10:03 PM
Just like to repeat stuff, or reading comprehension isn't taught at UMD? :p

It is! But reading things slowly is not, I'm too fast of a reader for my own good

Dirty
03-13-2012, 10:07 PM
It is! But reading things slowly is not, I'm too fast of a reader for my own good

*Cue Common Man Preposterous Statement Theme*

bigblue_dl
03-13-2012, 10:12 PM
*Cue Common Man Preposterous Statement Theme*There are hundreds of statements posted around here every year that would qualify for that tourney.

duper
03-13-2012, 10:22 PM
There are hundreds of statements posted around here every day that would qualify for that tourney.fyp

The Rube
03-13-2012, 10:41 PM

I am going to assume Brent is assuming UMTC will not be in the Championship game

MN is going to win it all. I can watch it at the bar for cheaper. And not be in StP. That's a bunch of birds with one stone.

Dirty
03-13-2012, 10:56 PM
I don't know why we're trying to get them to show up. Not having Brent anywhere near us is quite the blessing.

The Rube
03-13-2012, 11:12 PM
I don't know why we're trying to get them to show up. Not having Brent anywhere near us is quite the blessing.

And I can only put up with 2 days of you, maximum. After that, my brain starts to hurt dealing with your absurdity and non sequiturs.

Biddco
03-14-2012, 08:30 AM
non sequiturs.But those are the best!

Six hours of work to get through...and then the fun begins...

Fighting Sioux 23
03-14-2012, 11:21 AM
College Hockey Weekly has three of their writers' predictions for who will win this weekend in St. Paul...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/2012-WCHA-Final-Five.html

Also, they included my prediction at the bottom. :)