Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012: An Off-Season to Be Optimistic

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Whoa..this one is going leave a mark.
    Rub some Windex on it.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Now that is enticing. RPI TV and all associated with it do a fantastic job. I despise dealing with B2 and have only signed on sporadically in the past 2 years.
      I also support this. Rpitv does a fantastic job.
      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Rub some Windex on it.
        give me any word, any word...and I show you the root
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          give me any word, any word...and I show you the root
          I knew someone would catch that one quickly. We have a long off season-we have to keep our sense of humor.

Comment

Today is 14 March 2012. There are 206 days until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 6 October for the start of next season.

That is the day that an exhibition game is supposedly scheduled.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-18-2012, 01:20 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

congrats to Patty Cullen on his signing with S.C. in the ECHL....http://www.stingrayshockey.com/news/...rticle_id=2089
              Best of luck to Patty Great Kid anytime you are around HFH He goes out of his way to say HI.He will be missed !!!!! So glad to hear his hockey career is continuing,he deserves a shot.I believe his game is well suited for the pro style of play.Hopefully AHL next year.
              What was the Guy who discovered milk doing to the cow ????????...Or for that matter how bout the fist Guy to drink it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I knew someone would catch that one quickly. We have a long off season-we have to keep our sense of humor.
                Sense of humour? What's that?!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Come to think about it, an ivy breakup would be quite detrimental to Atlantic Hockey, as the ECAC would now be able to provide a haven for not only the 4 scholarship programs, but it would give RIT an excuse to join. At this point, more schools need to be joining D-I hockey, not leaving.
                  Your probably correct that IF there was a split within the current ECAC chances are the league would look to bring in some of the AHA schools that are looking to increase scholarships to 18. Whether its 2, 4 or 6 depending how many teams the "new" ECAC actually wants. Although, Im hoping none of this will matter and RPI will lock down that 12th spot in HEA but I have a feeling they will roll with 11 teams as long as they have to until UConn decides to upgrade or another big name eastern school adds hockey.

Comment

Patty Cullen will make his pro debut tomorrow....and they're planning a special night in his honor for it http://www.stingrayshockey.com/news/...rticle_id=2090 BTW, when does he "officially" have to moved to the Alumni Thread
                    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012: An Off-Season to Be Optimistic

Patty Cullen will make his pro debut tomorrow....and they're planning a special night in his honor for it http://www.stingrayshockey.com/news/...rticle_id=2090 BTW, when does he "officially" have to moved to the Alumni Thread
                      If he's still taking classes and finishing his degree, I would think posting here is OK.

Comment

Correct me if I am incorrect-but it sure seems like we have many more boys to follow now in the pros than ever before.

Comment

Notice that the special night includes lots of green (and no red )
                          Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                          Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            If he's still taking classes and finishing his degree, I would think posting here is OK.
                            sounds good.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Correct me if I am incorrect-but it sure seems like we have many more boys to follow now in the pros than ever before.
                              I don't have any statistics, but it seems to me that we have a lot more. Especially in the AHL.
                              Looking forward to seeing some of them in the NHL.
                              Its been a while since Pothier had a regular job in the NHL.
                              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                              Benjamin Franklin
                              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                                I don't have any statistics, but it seems to me that we have a lot more. Especially in the AHL.
                                Looking forward to seeing some of them in the NHL.
                                Its been a while since Pothier had a regular job in the NHL.
                                Depending upon our baseline for comparison, we should also keep in mind that there are a lot more NHL teams nowadays, and so more chances for professional players. Granted this hasn't changed much in the past few years, so if we're using that as a comparison, I would say the skill level in the players we have been recruiting has drastically improved. Sadly we're still having difficulties with the team aspect and consistency at the college level, but if these players are making out well in the higher professional ranks (including, for some, the NHL), the coaching staff has to be doing SOMETHING right.

Comment

Working...
                                X