X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Off-Season Thread 2012: An Off-Season to Be Optimistic

Not relevant for 2012-13 schedule but here's a post from a BC blog:

....There is talk of a BU-Cornell/BC-RPI doubleheader at MSG on Thanksgiving weekend [2013]. The discussion centered on Hockey East teams with Notre Dame as the 11th team having twenty league games instead of the current twenty-seven games starting in 2013. Certainly a rumor at this point as nothing official has been signed for BC except for Minnesota over the next four years. Of course, it has to be the year AFTER a certain player leaves

Enjoy the summer....
    RPI Hockey - Taking on the World!

Comment

Originally posted by Still Crazy in section 17 View Post

....There is talk of a BU-Cornell/BC-RPI doubleheader at MSG on Thanksgiving weekend [2013]. The discussion centered on Hockey East teams with Notre Dame as the 11th team having twenty league games instead of the current twenty-seven games starting in 2013. Certainly a rumor at this point as nothing official has been signed for BC except for Minnesota over the next four years. Of course, it has to be the year AFTER a certain player leaves

Enjoy the summer....
      BC would actually want to play us?! I could have sworn they tried to pay the IceBreaker committee to get out of playing us 5 years ago... not true at all, but they're the only HE team that didn't want to schedule us in the past 10 or so years and we only played them by chance in the IB

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        BC would actually want to play us?! I could have sworn they tried to pay the IceBreaker committee to get out of playing us 5 years ago... not true at all, but they're the only HE team that didn't want to schedule us in the past 10 or so years and we only played them by chance in the IB
        That may be true but Jerry York is 'old school' and the idea of a MSG game would fit his profile for non-league games/events. BU vs. Cornell in the garden has done very well and BC with another high profile ECAC school would be extremely desireable. If only Lake Placid had a venue that held 10k+...that would be another locale that would fit York's standards.
        RPI Hockey - Taking on the World!

Comment

Enjoy the summer....
          Couldn't that certain player redshirt next season?

Seriously, RPI would be an odd choice to play BC.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Couldn't that certain player redshirt next season?

If anything, it would show the good-will that seems to exist between RPI and most of Hockey East (even if we've declined joining twice).

Although I'm not understanding who you mean by "certain player"...

Comment

Although I'm not understanding who you mean by "certain player"...
              The same one who Still Crazy was referring to.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Enjoy the summer....
                Do you have a link to that discussion, or was it an actual conversation?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The same one who Still Crazy was referring to.
                  Let me re-phrase... Although I'm not understanding who SCIS17 means by "certain player"...

Comment

Let me re-phrase... Although I'm not understanding who SCIS17 means by "certain player"...
                    See Rep.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Oh god I'm so confused. I don't even know which team the player would be on. If it's even a player.

Anyway, do we have any idea when captains for next season will be announced? I can't remember when it happened last season, but I remember there being speculation about the announcement coming at the awards banquet.
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Compared to other ECAC schools?
                        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                          Compared to other ECAC schools?
                          After I posted that I thought and decided that we probably would draw more of our own fans than any ECAC school besides for Cornell. My original thought was more "why RPI-BC?" RPI however would not have much power in drawing casual hockey fans to MSG.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
                            Oh god I'm so confused. I don't even know which team the player would be on. If it's even a player.

Anyway, do we have any idea when captains for next season will be announced? I can't remember when it happened last season, but I remember there being speculation about the announcement coming at the awards banquet.
                            If Bergin's sticking around for his redshirt year, I think that'll answer your question.

Comment

If Bergin's sticking around for his redshirt year, I think that'll answer your question.
                              Based on what Mr. Bergin told the pep band, I'm pretty sure he isn't.
                              RPI Pep Band
                              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

He means his son who this year changed his number to 3!
                                I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Working...
                                X